High School Girls Football in Texas?

Sportsfanatic1

1 hour ago, cujoforlife said:

There are already girls playing football in the state of Texas. Kickers and some others have playing other positions

Hawley put a girl in at RB in the 4th quarter of their state championship win over Refugio. She got several carries. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

Is frogiggin really a sport? ....

Well, you use your hands and trust me the frogs, the darkness, and the rocking boat plays a pretty dern good defence. So........yep KirtFalcon, sport!

Edited by Doomer
Add stuff
  • LOL! 2

1 hour ago, Doomer said:

Well, you use your hands and trust me the frogs, the darkness, and the rocking boat plays a pretty dern good defence. So........yep KirtFalcon, sport!

Froggin used to be good at the Center city lake!!  Haven't been there in many years but there was MANY frogs in that body of water....  True Storie!!!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SAPACK1 said:

Froggin used to be good at the Center city lake!!  Haven't been there in many years but there was MANY frogs in that body of water....  True Storie!!!

Used to catch some kinda big old carp at the spillway.

22 hours ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

I like the idea. My daughter played in a powder puff game a few years back and it got physical. A lot of people showed up also.

I’m willing to bet a lot of people showed up because it was just what you said; a powder puff game. The attendance for those games are usually very high. 

There are already girls playing football throughout the state. Add a girl’s football league and now you’re taking away from other girls sports as far as numbers go. 

In theory I think it’s great. With the way things are set structurally it’s going to be very difficult. 

On 12/29/2022 at 12:00 PM, Sportsfanatic1 said:

I like the idea. My daughter played in a powder puff game a few years back and it got physical. A lot of people showed up also.

Joaquin does a PP event every year as a fundraiser for one of the classes. It’s actually two games: freshman and sophomore girls vs one group of female faculty members and junior and senior girls vs another group of faculty. Football boys are employed as “coaches”. They normally have a big turnout. 

On 12/29/2022 at 1:21 PM, cujoforlife said:

There are already girls playing football in the state of Texas. Kickers and some others have playing other positions

Their was a girl named Kristen Smith who played for Winona who kicked a 40-yard field goal against Tenaha in 2005.