High School Girls Football in Texas?

Sportsfanatic1

2 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

Doomer’s third cousin’s ex-boyfriend’s baby mama’s fiancé’s brother-in-law told me that him and Doomer and Hayseed and Sloppy Joe and Stoney and LOL are all in a Lingerie Football Fantasy League together. Does that count as girls football? 

OK. Now you're just G-stringing them along now Trueblue82.

Edited by SloppyJoe

3 hours ago, Matt said:

Girls football? Sure, maybe the UIL can also sanction boys volleyball.
Hey if girls get to play football why can’t boys play girls volleyball? Inquiring minds…

Men’s college volleyball is intense. 

• Like 2

On 12/31/2022 at 3:20 PM, trueblue82 said:

Word is yall have Lingerie Football League watch parties at Doomer’s squirrel camp. 

With a body like this wouldn't anybody? I'm a 28A cup size!

Edited by Doomer
  • LOL! 1

I don't have a problem with this.  They've always played a powder puff touch/flag football game anyway.  The only problem I do have is it would lose money.  If they paid for their own travel to away games then sure.  You don't even need a coach for flag football in my opinion.  

On 1/2/2023 at 5:56 PM, DaveTV1 said:

I don't have a problem with this.  They've always played a powder puff touch/flag football game anyway.  The only problem I do have is it would lose money.  If they paid for their own travel to away games then sure.  You don't even need a coach for flag football in my opinion.  

Every high school sport loses money, including the sacred game.

6 minutes ago, bordertown said:

Whats say we can the sports programs and focus on educating these kids to a M.I.T. level? Just kidding....... Get it?

2 hours ago, bordertown said:

Not all of them do.  I assure you.  The kids aren't paid, but coaches are.  Friday Night Lights still supports most sports programs across Texas including the Band.  

15 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

Not all of them do.  I assure you.  The kids aren't paid, but coaches are.  Friday Night Lights still supports most sports programs across Texas including the Band.  

My quess is 1% when you take into account the allocation of a half dozen coaches salaries allocated to athletic period or offseason program, direct coaching stipends, trainers, equipment, time expended by maintenance department maintains the facilities and game night, security, ticket takers, utilities, transportation, etc.. . If a school averages 5,000 for 5 home games, the ticket take is approximately $200,000. I submit the expense well exceed the revenues. 

I support football and other extracurricular activities for the the development of teamwork and leadership skills. I believe these are important in the development of our youth.

I agree @bordertownHigh school extra-curricular activities will never be expense / revenue neutral. I'm not indicting anyone here . . . but after serving 9 years on the school board, I learned how easy it is to add admin people at all levels of the school system without ANY questions asked . . . but if you want add a coach or a sport, everybody would freak out and talk about the money. Trust me, I've seen some positions added administratively that just didn't make sense and my colleagues and I would fight these if we saw they were just "fluffy." Didn't always win those battles. This was many years ago, OK? But oh my gosh, when you want to add a coach because you only had 3 coaches for 170 kids in middle school football . . . people looked at us like we were a Democrat Congress. Thankfully, our current supe fixed that problem.

Edited by Matt

2 hours ago, Matt said:

I agree @bordertownHigh school extra-curricular activities will never be expense / revenue neutral. I'm not indicting anyone here . . . but after serving 9 years on the school board, I learned how easy it is to add admin people at all levels of the school system without ANY questions asked . . . but if you want add a coach or a sport, everybody would freak out and talk about the money. Trust me, I've seen some positions added administratively that just didn't make sense and my colleagues and I would fight these if we saw they were just "fluffy." Didn't always win those battles. This was many years ago, OK? But oh my gosh, when you want to add a coach because you only had 3 coaches for 170 kids in middle school football . . . people looked at us like we were a Democrat Congress. Thankfully, our current supe fixed that problem.

I appreciate your willingness to diligently serve your community. I have observed that it is easier from school administrators to find a “home” for someone not working out rather than non-renew their contract. 

• Like 1

I coached a girl on a JV team that played O/D Line. She wasn't a starter but played quite a bit and held her own until she came up against bigger boys who could just toss her around. Girl was strong to was squatting well into the 300s and bench close to 200 at around the 165/181 weight class in powerlifting. 

Also, Mason had a girl this year or last year that was a state medalist pole vaulter and played significant time for their varsity as a TE/H back type position. She was legit and would throw some mean blocks.

On 12/31/2022 at 4:38 PM, Matt said:

Girls football? Sure, maybe the UIL can also sanction boys volleyball.
Hey if girls get to play football why can’t boys play girls volleyball? Inquiring minds…

Didn’t expect a comment like this from you tbh.

College and professional boys volleyball is one of the most intense sports I’ve ever had the privilege of watching.

If it’s something that’s getting kids involved and engaged, I fail to see the issue other than  people on this board (and East Texas) seem to be stuck in the 1960s mindset of how things should be.

On 1/12/2023 at 6:42 AM, LoboFan07 said:

Didn’t expect a comment like this from you tbh.

College and professional boys volleyball is one of the most intense sports I’ve ever had the privilege of watching.

If it’s something that’s getting kids involved and engaged, I fail to see the issue other than  people on this board (and East Texas) seem to be stuck in the 1960s mindset of how things should be.

I'm joking! Come on, sense of humor. I just picked a sport boys don't have in HS. I agree with you that boys volleyball at those levels is legit. It isn't about a 1960s mind-set. Common sense must always prevail.

Edited by Matt