Rivercrest AD/Head football job

RHSRebels2015

What’s the word on this one? After hiring someone with no Head Coaching experience where do the Rebels go now? Someone with an old school mentality or a new school mentality. What kind of athletes they have coming back? off I see they went 5-6 4th place district finish but lost 77-7 to Beckville in the first round sheesh. 

I heard there was a golf cart sighting in north east Texas. But this ain’t just your ordinary golf cart it’s a golf cart with the capability of pulling a goose neck trail ISD loaded with pigs. If my information is correct and it usually is that mean that the rebels are close to hiring the most sought after man in all of east Texas. He’s not just a coach he can also fry a turkey while drinking a beverage and pitching in a slow pitch softball game all at the same time. So don’t walk run to the phone to offer the job to Big Dan Swaim. 

• Love 1

1 hour ago, centex1 said:

I heard there was a golf cart sighting in north east Texas. But this ain’t just your ordinary golf cart it’s a golf cart with the capability of pulling a goose neck trail ISD loaded with pigs. If my information is correct and it usually is that mean that the rebels are close to hiring the most sought after man in all of east Texas. He’s not just a coach he can also fry a turkey while drinking a beverage and pitching in a slow pitch softball game all at the same time. So don’t walk run to the phone to offer the job to Big Dan Swaim. 

The legend lives on. 

• Love 1

55 minutes ago, Destry said:

Hope he brings the slot t to the swamp

Gonna have to convert them over. Rivercrest has been spread for many years. The past two coaches were spread. Connot was more run heavy from spread and Huie was more pass. Players will have to buy in because spread is all they know. 

14 hours ago, supermaroon said:

This job is already filled the announcement will be a former wildcat, bulldog and eagle some time in the coming weeks

You always seem to be in the know when it comes to all things Cooper and "Greener" pastures so I'm buying what you're selling. This is the question I have, are they gonna hire the guy that stRONgly recommended the guy they are showing the door?

7 hours ago, RHSRebels2015 said:

Gonna have to convert them over. Rivercrest has been spread for many years. The past two coaches were spread. Connot was more run heavy from spread and Huie was more pass. Players will have to buy in because spread is all they know. 

May take a little time but they will be better men for it. Depends on if they like contact or not😁

11 hours ago, BigWhoop said:

You always seem to be in the know when it comes to all things Cooper and "Greener" pastures so I'm buying what you're selling. This is the question I have, are they gonna hire the guy that stRONgly recommended the guy they are showing the door?

This profession is more about who you know than what you know. There is a lot more to the huie firing than will ever be public knowledge. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, dogs3505 said:

anyone suspect he was in over his head?

The big knock on him when he was hired a few years ago was no experience and someone said he was coaching Junior high in Oklahoma. Now the talent was way down from the Connot years. I thought he was doing a decent job. Something must have happened that nobody knows about. Hopefully the Rebs can get back to winning on the football field with whoever they bring in. It will be tough task because the district isnt easy at all.

2 hours ago, RHSRebels2015 said:

The big knock on him when he was hired a few years ago was no experience and someone said he was coaching Junior high in Oklahoma. Now the talent was way down from the Connot years. I thought he was doing a decent job. Something must have happened that nobody knows about. Hopefully the Rebs can get back to winning on the football field with whoever they bring in. It will be tough task because the district isnt easy at all.

Some people know about it

9 hours ago, RHSRebels2015 said:

That’s the weakest district in AA D1 Region 3. 

• Like 1

On 1/1/2023 at 8:05 PM, supermaroon said:

This job is already filled the announcement will be a former wildcat, bulldog and eagle some time in the coming weeks

Sir I think you are misinformed Daniel Swaim is only one of those things. 

• Thanks 1

On 1/2/2023 at 9:44 PM, supermaroon said:

This profession is more about who you know than what you know. There is a lot more to the huie firing than will ever be public knowledge. 

You confirmed what I was saying supermaroon! Are they going to hire the "more about who you know" coach that recommended the coach that was just fired?  I don't know either coach personally, but it seems like a "seasoned" coach would have at least stabilized the last program he was in. I know that talent is a major factor, but the last program he ran declined every year in what trueblue82 called the weakest district in AA D1 Region 3. The end result from "it's more about who you know than what you know" approach didn't end well. Logic may suggest to reverse course and hire a coach based on what you think he may know! Or, put me in the boat of hiring the guy with the trailer full of goats! 

On 12/31/2022 at 6:22 PM, centex1 said:

It was rumored he threw a perfect game in one of them slow pitch softball games… stayed lubricated with a fresh beverage with each hitter…

• Love 1

9 hours ago, CoachChunkyPunter43 said:

It was rumored he threw a perfect game in one of them slow pitch softball games… stayed lubricated with a fresh beverage with each hitter…

I heard it was 2 perfect games and 2 30 packs in the span of an hour 

13 hours ago, supermaroon said:

Heard they are waiting till the closing date before they start interviewing 

Wonder if they will call up all potentials and start interviewing the 18th or will they wait till the 19th ?