Rivercrest AD/Head football job

RHSRebels2015

I think this is a good hire here. Give him time. Still early he has time to install things and an offseason. Also, Can evaluate current staff and see if he needs to find stronger coaches or coaches more familiar with what he wants to do. 

• Like 1

On 2/7/2023 at 10:25 AM, GNR said:

Hmmm, can you say stepping stone....................

This could definitely be a stepping stone job. Heck, isn't that how the game is played? You start off as an assistant and try and move your way up to a coordinator, and then to eventually up to a HC. Sometimes you can do that in the same system, but often times you have to make a move. But, I think for it to be a stepping stone job, he will have to have some success. If he has some success and RC gets better, I think it's a win-win. You always get quality applicants for quality programs. But just my thoughts.

If you can improve your employment situation and your career you need to do it. Because if you don't do well, that school is going to improve their employee situation, and that's a fact. Aren't these the two types of situations that create these opporunities? 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, BigWhoop said:

This could definitely be a stepping stone job. Heck, isn't that how the game is played? You start off as an assistant and try and move your way up to a coordinator, and then to eventually up to a HC. Sometimes you can do that in the same system, but often times you have to make a move. But, I think for it to be a stepping stone job, he will have to have some success. If he has some success and RC gets better, I think it's a win-win. You always get quality applicants for quality programs. But just my thoughts.

If you can improve your employment situation and your career you need to do it. Because if you don't do well, that school is going to improve their employee situation, and that's a fact. Aren't these the two types of situations that create these opporunities? 

You are absolutely correct, but I personally would think that the OC from a traditional power such as Celina could have gotten a chance at a much better place than RC

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OleCoachB said:

You are absolutely correct, but I personally would think that the OC from a traditional power such as Celina could have gotten a chance at a much better place than RC

41 minutes ago, Stickstick said:

It can be hard to land the 1st one 

Agree with both of these posts. I think sometimes the guys at traditional powers don't get a look at some places because districts think they won't have the same type of kids that they have at those traditional powers. The quality of this hire will prove itself over the next couple years. Good luck to RC and Coach T-Mac.

Edited by BigWhoop
  • Like 3

On 2/9/2023 at 8:41 PM, supermaroon said:

Great hire by the crest but they will be looking for a new guy in 2 to 3 years max.

Thats kind of a downfall to small school football. If you hire a good one they will be gone in 3 years. If you hire a bad one they will be gone in 3 years too lol. I agree. Good hire for them!

4 hours ago, TIMRIGGINS said:

Thats kind of a downfall to small school football. If you hire a good one they will be gone in 3 years. If you hire a bad one they will be gone in 3 years too lol. I agree. Good hire for them!

I agree unless they have connections to the school or area then they may just love small school but he has absolutely no connections to the crest or the area. Wish him luck though for however long he's there. Maybe he can make it competitive but right now RC is back to being our homecoming date like they always were.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, supermaroon said:

I agree unless they have connections to the school or area then they may just love small school but he has absolutely no connections to the crest or the area. Wish him luck though for however long he's there. Maybe he can make it competitive but right now RC is back to being our homecoming date like they always were.

Supermaroon, I know this is off topic, but are y'alls numbers going to continue to keep y'all down? Or do y'all have a chance of moving back up to 3A?

11 hours ago, BigWhoop said:

Supermaroon, I know this is off topic, but are y'alls numbers going to continue to keep y'all down? Or do y'all have a chance of moving back up to 3A?

I remember the good ole days when both Cooper and RC were a classification up. I know lack of industry hurt Cooper, but what happened in RC?

Everything I have heard about Coach McClain has been nothing but good from people in the community. Rivercrest has had some success in the past 5-7 years. The past couple years weren't so great playing young kids after a transition from Connot. I know Cooper has had the Rebels number since they dropped down to 2A maybe a coaching change will help the Rebels just like the Coaching Change Cooper had a few years ago.

36 minutes ago, supermaroon said:

We should be staying down not much growth in cooper.

never know.. got chapman lake and big creek lake . The district is bigger than I first thought not much south but east of town it extends out pretty far. North and west are about equal . 

On 2/14/2023 at 12:50 PM, Slickarick said:

never know.. got chapman lake and big creek lake . The district is bigger than I first thought not much south but east of town it extends out pretty far. North and west are about equal . 

Over the last 10 years our numbers have slowly declined there isn't a lot new housing going up in our district right now

• 4 weeks later...