UPDATE: Henderson hires Clay Baker (Price-Carlisle)

bradbankman

4 hours ago, CoachChunkyPunter43 said:

The one and only Big Dan!?! The Swine hauling, golf cart rolling, o-line & flex-bone guru! It’s been said he prefers them small towns, but… with his current place of employment, that may be changing! Ol’ Hendo may actually have a chance!

Henderson is a small town.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EnjoyLife said:

I am hoping for the best but my expectations are pretty low.

What a few subpar seasons can do! Technically it get worse but reality going 1-9 and in the basement shows you can get any lower. I have a hunch Henderson will be competitive again. The right hire needs to happen.

10 hours ago, AggieAnnie said:

Clay Freeman is the AD.  Been in Administration for at least 10- 15 years.  Solid guy with good leadership skills.  Was promoted to AD this school by Supt. Lamb.

If it's the Clay Freeman I know in Hendo he's home grown Henderson guy.

2 hours ago, GoodOleBoy73 said:

Bingo...

As long as a school at the size and level that Henderson is at has the AD separated from the HFC, they wont get the applicants they should. Not many 4A D1 single high school towns have separate AD admins( non coaching) from the Head football coach. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, eagle34 said:

Is Boles still at Henderson?

No, Boles left several years ago, retired, and I think he and his family is in West.

Additionally, I agree that the AD/HC should be together.  After saying that I do believe Clay Freeman is very capable of handing those duties.  He has been in the HISD Administration for 20 years(maybe longer) and also has extensive coaching experience.  He is an upbeat positive person and a great motivator.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Clear Eyes Full Heart said:

Application deadline is posted as January 8th, I would imagine interviews will be in the next week or two.

hope they move on this. Hope they have enough quality candidates to have good rounds of interviews. They need to higher so he can assess current coaches, get a vibe of the kids and can start bringing in a staff to fill positions that he feels like needs change. Optimal time is to get this all done by spring break.  

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Slickarick said:

As long as a school at the size and level that Henderson is at has the AD separated from the HFC, they wont get the applicants they should. Not many 4A D1 single high school towns have separate AD admins( non coaching) from the Head football coach. 

Wrong!!! 

41 minutes ago, Campbell46 said:

Wrong!!! 

k.. only been doing this for 18 years and  have seen this process at multiple levels. I'm in contact and have friendships with multiple superintendents. In east texas and especially when all other schools in your district have the AD/HFC combined, if your different it effects applicants. Just facts.

19 minutes ago, Slickarick said:

k.. only been doing this for 18 years and  have seen this process at multiple levels. I'm in contact and have friendships with multiple superintendents. In east texas and especially when all other schools in your district have the AD/HFC combined, if your different it effects applicants. Just facts.

Clearly he has contacts and friendships with Admin at Henderson. Otherwise he wouldn't be jumping to their defense. Clearly they way it is structured in Henderson has not worked. Everyone thought Castles was the problem...now look at the state of this once DOMINANT program.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

21 minutes ago, Slickarick said:

Whitehouse doesn’t. It’s right down the road. A 5A yes, but also a small East Tx town.

Edited by Clear Eyes Full Heart

5 minutes ago, Clear Eyes Full Heart said:

Whitehouse doesn’t. It’s right down the road. A 5A yes, but also a small East Tx town.

I get that but a greater amount of 5A even single school towns have them separated. Nac and hallsville the same in that district and like that. Texas high and Marshall are combined.

23 hours ago, Slickarick said:

I expect they're hoping to find a current coordinator with a good resume who's more interested in getting a shot at HC, than being the AD as well.

Ya gotta keep in mind that, while every HC loves the extra AD money...   not all of them like the extra AD hassle. 

But if you look around ETX and think of the top OCs/DCs on the 4A-5A level, I'll bet you they're gonna be Henderson's main candidates. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

I expect they're hoping to find a current coordinator with a good resume who's more interested in getting a shot at HC, than being the AD as well.

Ya gotta keep in mind that, while every HC loves the extra AD money...   not all of them like the extra AD hassle. 

But if you look around ETX and think of the top OCs/DCs on the 4A-5A level, I'll bet you they're gonna be Henderson's main candidates. 

With the success East Texas teams have had, there are multiple coordinators that would be good candidates and could bring other coaches from those programs with them to help bring Hendo back to success.

Edited by Clear Eyes Full Heart
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, cotton84 said:

Having the AD and HC split at Henderson won’t make it too hard to find good applicants - if they are paying over $100,000 to coach football, no classes, and maybe be an assistant in powerlifting.  

i-volunteer-tribute.gif

The only other thing I require is the power to force the baseball kids lift weights so I can hear their parents cry about it.

• LOL! 4

On 1/4/2023 at 2:59 PM, Mojo1000 said:

What a few subpar seasons can do! Technically it get worse but reality going 1-9 and in the basement shows you can get any lower. I have a hunch Henderson will be competitive again. The right hire needs to happen.

^^ And Lion70 is back ladies and gentlemen! ^^

Edited by Sportsfanatic1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Campbell46 said:

That's your opinion!

Hmmmm new profile, comes on to take up for the current admin, not obvious or anything!! LOL!!!

And yes, that is my opinion...based on a whole lot of information from people inside that have had to suffer through this disaster...but still just my opinion.