UPDATE: Henderson hires Clay Baker (Price-Carlisle)

bradbankman

The key to this situation is to allow the AD to do his job.  I have heard that a committee is involved in the process and that was the case two years ago,  That didn't go so well.  I understand the Supt. has to be invo!ved since he is the CEO of district; however his man that was brought in certainly wasn't the right one.this

Edited by AggieAnnie
Removed negative comment

16 hours ago, Campbell46 said:

Some people don't have a clue what they are talking about!

You're right...but I know this. I'm not going to stand on the table to defend the absolute DEBACLE that is Henderson Athletics right now. If you want to defend this administration and the FORMER HFC/AD...then go for it. I have a feeling you'll be mostly on  your own on that one.

Here is an opinion for you. Henderson SHOULD be one of the premiere jobs in East Texas. Right now...I doubt many established Head Coaches would touch it. Going to have to give a young guy a chance because of the state of the program. Can it get back to where it was? Yes...but it is going to take a lot of work and the administration getting the heck out of the way.

• Like 8

4 hours ago, GoodOleBoy73 said:

You're right...but I know this. I'm not going to stand on the table to defend the absolute DEBACLE that is Henderson Athletics right now. If you want to defend this administration and the FORMER HFC/AD...then go for it. I have a feeling you'll be mostly on  your own on that one.

Here is an opinion for you. Henderson SHOULD be one of the premiere jobs in East Texas. Right now...I doubt many established Head Coaches would touch it. Going to have to give a young guy a chance because of the state of the program. Can it get back to where it was? Yes...but it is going to take a lot of work and the administration getting the heck out of the way.

What makes Henderson athletics a "debacle".... ?

• LOL! 2

19 hours ago, Clear Eyes Full Heart said:

What makes Henderson athletics a "debacle".... ?

Have you attended any sporting events in Henderson recently? Specifically football?

For starters...they are one of the most undisciplined programs I have watched over the past 2 years. Nobody in East Texas has done less with more....

• Like 1
  • Roll Eyes 1

19 minutes ago, GoodOleBoy73 said:

Have you attended any sporting events in Henderson recently? Specifically football?

For starters...they are one of the most undisciplined programs I have watched over the past 2 years. Nobody in East Texas has done less with more....

Maybe they make the right hire this time.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, DeKlabBeers said:

But it all comes down to quality over quantity.

Holliday had 66 applicants and they have played 14 games each of the last three years. 

I understand what you are saying. But I think there are contributing factors to those numbers for both schools. I think location is a big one. I think if you bring your family to Henderson there several opportunities near Henderson for housing and a spouse not in education. When I have been out in Holliday, I feel like it's out there by itself. The other factor is, with Henderson being down and being a HC only, there are going to be alot of folks that think this could be their opportunity to get their first shot. I think it'd be interesting to see if one school attracted a more qualified group of applicants over the other. For example, I would be willing to bet that there is a higher percentage of coaches with no coordinator experience in the Henderson pool. For Holliday, I would venture to say that you have a higher percentage of well established AD/HC's in that applicant pool. But this is pure speculation. All that matters in the end is that you get the right candidate no matter how many applicants you had. Hope both schools achieve this.

3 hours ago, Clear Eyes Full Heart said:

Is this person on staff at Hendo? If so - I don't see how they can hire someone that has been on staff. I would think a fresh start would be what they need.

I don't know anyone on the staff at Henderson. Did the current (former) guy bring all his own folks?