Record Number of US Kids Killed Or Injured By Gunfire in 2022

BarryLaverty

Just now, BarryLaverty said:

So, a million, 10 million, wouldn't be too many? That's not going to happen, but just asking. 

No! Because the guns are not the problem!!! It's the morons with the guns! Our society is becoming more and more immoral. We are experiencing mental illness at a ridiculous level! We are releasing dangerous criminals on PR bonds. We are releasing dangerous felons early when we know there is no rehabilitation going on in prison. You continue to address the means by which some people carry out the crime. We have to address the root of the problem or they will move to other means!

And then all you've done is remove protection. People deserve to protect themselves. Women, elderly and the like especially need an equalizer in the case of being attacked!

2 minutes ago, JBizzle said:

People deserve to protect themselves.

I don't dispute that, but I also don't agree with the level of firepower that some seem to think they deserve to have. And, somehow i have survived almost 6 decades without a gun in my house, and I live in the Metroplex. Some on here live in the boonies and have never and will never be threatened, but seem to be on the edge of the seat, longing for the opportunity to swing into action, for some reason. 

And, the funding for and availability of mental health assistance is woefully far away from enough, in both categories. Are you for fixing that? 

12 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

So, a million, 10 million, wouldn't be too many? That's not going to happen, but just asking. 

No amount will bring me to the decision to give up my rights.......so yeah, your irrelevant strawman numbers wouldn't do it either ......FROM MY COLD, DEAD HANDS!!!!!!

• Love 1

17 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

I don't dispute that, but I also don't agree with the level of firepower that some seem to think they deserve to have.

Why? 2A doesn't set limits, does it?

If a guy has four black belts, is that too many? If a guy carries two pistols on his person, is that too many?

Are you in favor of people carrying knives? Or nunchaku (and yes, that is correct), or a bo staff? Or brass knuckles?

Are you in favor of people carrying ANY type of weapon?

4 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

Homicides per 100,000 by all means.............

Australia...0.9

France...1.3

Germany...0.8

Japan...0.3

Norway...0.6

UK...1.1

US...6.5

Something is something dreadfully wrong in the US.

misleading stats are no better than a lie........When you remove all the libnut gun controlled hells from the list, the U.S. is well towards the low end........the gun control you are wanting IS THE PROBLEM.......the dimnuts you support ARE THE PROBLEM......LIBERALISM AND GUN CONTROL are the things that are "dreadfully wrong in the US".....take your communist BS ahd shove it.......

1 hour ago, JBizzle said:

No! Because the guns are not the problem!!! It's the morons with the guns! Our society is becoming more and more immoral. We are experiencing mental illness at a ridiculous level! We are releasing dangerous criminals on PR bonds. We are releasing dangerous felons early when we know there is no rehabilitation going on in prison. You continue to address the means by which some people carry out the crime. We have to address the root of the problem or they will move to other means!

And then all you've done is remove protection. People deserve to protect themselves. Women, elderly and the like especially need an equalizer in the case of being attacked!

Liberals are the biggest problem.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BarryLaverty said:

I don't dispute that, but I also don't agree with the level of firepower that some seem to think they deserve to have. And, somehow i have survived almost 6 decades without a gun in my house, and I live in the Metroplex. Some on here live in the boonies and have never and will never be threatened, but seem to be on the edge of the seat, longing for the opportunity to swing into action, for some reason. 

And, the funding for and availability of mental health assistance is woefully far away from enough, in both categories. Are you for fixing that? 

You've never had to use it, so nobody needs it. Got it.

I don't believe our mental health assistance is very good. I think we are too worried about affirming people in their lunacy than addressing their issues because it's intolerant to tell the truth.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

Tell us about the level of firepower you’re ok with the American civilian owning

1 hour ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

LIBERALISM AND GUN CONTROL are the things that are "dreadfully wrong in the US"

Now I am confused...the countries on my list are far more liberal than the US...and have far stricter gun laws...but also have far, far lower homicide rates than we do. How is that possible if liberal policies and gun control are the cause of violence?

28 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

Now I am confused...the countries on my list are far more liberal than the US...and have far stricter gun laws...but also have far, far lower homicide rates than we do. How is that possible if liberal policies and gun control are the cause of violence?

Take out Chicago, New York, and LA and we beat them.......the gangbanging dope dealers you libnuts adore and protect are the problem.....and they are what is infesting the cities I mentioned.....the "report" that Larry cited didn't mention WHO those "children" were.....I don't shed a single tear for a gangbanging dope dealer who gets killed.....it's a public service aas far as I'm concerned......

6 hours ago, EnjoyLife said:

Homicides per 100,000 by all means.............

Australia...0.9

France...1.3

Germany...0.8

Japan...0.3

Norway...0.6

UK...1.1

US...6.5

Something is dreadfully wrong in the US.

Take out 5 cities and there is no problem. 
get those cities under control and the problem is solved. 
What doesn’t solve the problem is taking guns away from a vast majority that aren’t contributing to the problem.

• Thanks 1