👍🏻 Texas A&M Aggies 2023 👍🏻

Stoney

4 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Petrino has had good offensives every where he’s been

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

This is the most, “aggy gonna aggy” thing ever. 

Is he better than Jimbo handling play calling? Probably but man it’s Bobby stinking Petrino. You retire your 63 year old OC/TE coach and replace him with a 61 year old? I made a joke on Gig’Em when it was announced that we were getting an OC. That you make a list of the top tier choices you wanted to be OC. Throw that list away. Make a second list of your 2nd tier choices and throw that away. Make a 3rd tier list and that’s who Jimbo would hire. I didn’t know he would go off the board completely. Hopefully it works out. Hopefully.

• LOL! 1

3 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Wet, you said the UT donors made sark play Ewers.  Are the Aggie donors making Jimbo hire an OC?

The rumors that a couple writers on 247 mentioned was that NIL was a two way street. That was the easiest way to help ease Jimbo into giving up play calling and hire an OC.

5 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

Wet, you said the UT donors made sark play Ewers.  Are the Aggie donors making Jimbo hire an OC?

Absolutely. You guys took what I said like it was the worst thing to ever be said. But Sark was absolutely told to start Ewers just like Fisher is absolutely being told to hire an OC. You guys think these guys donate millions a year just to sit back and not get their way? The average Joe donating 10k doesn’t matter, but you best believe the Uncle Reds of the world and the guys with buildings named after them are getting their phone calls answered. It’s their money the AD will need to buyout the coach. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, WETSU said:

Absolutely. You guys took what I said like it was the worst thing to ever be said. But Sark was absolutely told to start Ewers just like Fisher is absolutely being told to hire an OC. You guys think these guys donate millions a year just to sit back and not get their way? The average Joe donating 10k doesn’t matter, but you best believe the Uncle Reds of the world and the guys with buildings named after them are getting their phone calls answered. It’s their money the AD will need to buyout the coach. 

Hey WET, do you think that happens at every university? I honestly don't know the answer.

3 hours ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Hey WET, do you think that happens at every university? I honestly don't know the answer.

Not every one. Bama is free of it for now because of how successful Saban as been. But 99% yea it’s happening. A coach has a bad season and he’s told to make changes. It will get worse now that nil money is rolling in. They will use it as leverage even more than before. It will be “If I’m going to cut you these types of checks for player x, player x needs to see the field a little more.” Or “you better hire a coach at OC or I’ll hold nil money for the buyout.” 

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Not every one. Bama is free of it for now because of how successful Saban as been. But 99% yea it’s happening. A coach has a bad season and he’s told to make changes. It will get worse now that nil money is rolling in. They will use it as leverage even more than before. It will be “If I’m going to cut you these types of checks for player x, player x needs to see the field a little more.” Or “you better hire a coach at OC or I’ll hold nil money for the buyout.” 

Good stuff! Appreciate the honest answer.

4 hours ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

It happens to anything privately funded… you should see private high schools and how their athletic departments work.  Essentially the same thing at most universities 

17 minutes ago, DAWG91 said:

I lived in Louisville when he was coaching there.  One of his teams won an orange bowl.  They were good.

Oh you meant Louisville AND Arkansas. Gotcha. 😎  he had us on the right track towards getting a title before his shenanigans in Fayetteville. 

Edited by MrBuddyGarrity

16 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Yea, supposedly Jumbo was good a few decades ago too ... 😂

There's no supposedly to it.  Bobby is really good with offense.   He's had recent success, that's  why they're looking at bringing him on board.  You'll see.

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

3 hours ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Oh you meant Louisville AND Arkansas. Gotcha. 😎  he had us on the right track towards getting a title before his shenanigans in Fayetteville. 

Maybe he’s like Popeye? Maybe The Ranch Harley Davidson and a campus of coeds can rejuvenate his offensive genius?

• LOL! 1

Call plays

offense wouldn’t be opposite of Jimbo’s philosophy 

let Jimbo CEO

Dang it if doesn’t look like we are going to get what we asked for. Bonus points for:

SEC experience 

no threat to replace Jimbo

beat Jimbo once in a game

brings youth (61 years old) to the OC position (Dickey 63 years old)

• LOL! 1

• Mr. P locked this topic