πŸ‘πŸ» Texas A&M Aggies 2023 πŸ‘πŸ»

Stoney

12 hours ago, Stoney said:

Call playsΒ .... Jumbo might let him signal in the plays and hold his clipboard

let Jimbo CEOΒ .... Just like Jerruh JonesΒ 

brings youth (61 years old) to the OC position (Dickey 63 years old)Β .....Β :rofl:

Β 

Β 

Edited by KirtFalcon
yo mama

16 hours ago, DAWG91 said:

Petrino had Louisville knocking on the door of contending for a title then got himself caught up in all the shennanigans. Β  The guy knows how to make an offense run. Β That I have no doubt.

So does Art Briles! If you aren't worried about Character his Offenses have been more prolific than Petrino. Shocked that a prestigious school like Texas A&M would over look these transgressions. Makes no sense. Go hire a young gun. Coaches are leaders of young Men and Petrino is a poor example of this.

24 minutes ago, eagle34 said:

So does Art Briles! If you aren't worried about Character his Offenses have been more prolific than Petrino. Shocked that a prestigious school like Texas A&M would over look these transgressions. Makes no sense. Go hire a young gun. Coaches are leaders of young Men and Petrino is a poor example of this.

So you don't believe in 2nd chances. Β Gotcha. Β I'm sorry you've had to go through this, Β Mrs. Petrino.

9 minutes ago, DAWG91 said:

So you don't believe in 2nd chances. Β Gotcha. Β I'm sorry you've had to go through this, Β Mrs. Petrino.

I say go ahead and hire him ... and give him a 10 year 100 million dollar guaranteed contract ... what could go wrong? ....Β :woot:

37 minutes ago, DAWG91 said:

Do you think he's a better Coach than Briles? I'm assuming you are ok with giving the native Texan Briles a 2nd chance as well. My choice between the 2 would be Briles. My point is why do you need to bring in the baggage when you have unlimited resources and can money whip one of these young gun offensive wizards.Β 

• Love 1

5 minutes ago, eagle34 said:

Do you think he's a better Coach than Briles? I'm assuming you are ok with giving the native Texan Briles a 2nd chance as well. My choice between the 2 would be Briles. My point is why do you need to bring in the baggage when you have unlimited resources and can money whip one of these young gun offensive wizards.Β 

I'm not sure it's fair to equate the 2 situations. Β There were no arrests made in relation to Bobby's misdeeds. Β He cheated on his wife with a coworker, Β got caught, Β got fired.

Edited by DAWG91

On 12/9/2022 at 9:38 PM, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Sorry, you're a joke to reality to not know what is really going on.Β 

I guess if you leave out his offenses at Louisville and Arkansas you could possibly have a point. Β I look at what he did with his offenses when he had good talent to use. Β I guess Lamar Jackson ran the offense without any coaching. Β Ryan Mallet too. Β Tyler Wilson was also pretty decent. Β But hey, Petrino is a dummy when it comes to offenses.

20 hours ago, WETSU said:

Not every one. Bama is free of it for now because of how successful Saban as been. But 99% yea it’s happening. A coach has a bad season and he’s told to make changes. It will get worse now that nil money is rolling in. They will use it as leverage even more than before. It will be β€œIf I’m going to cut you these types of checks for player x, player x needs to see the field a little more.” Or β€œyou better hire a coach at OC or I’ll hold nil money for the buyout.” 

Bama is free of it because those donors have been buying players for him, way back before NIL came along.
Saban is a phenomenal coach but look at his record when he’s not been getting the best players bought for him. Β And it’s hard to argue because former players have come out and talked about the bagmen, new cars being bought and family payments…. Β Β It’s been easier for them because of the stacked roster that’s been bought for a decade

2 hours ago, eagle34 said:

ATm had one of the dirtiest coaches at recruiting so don’t act like they’re the beacon of honor in college football. Β Last years class was bought and paid for!!!! Β Lol

1 hour ago, eagle34 said:

I’d like to see briles show expertise in something other than the veer and shoot. Β I

Edited by DB2point0

1 hour ago, eagle34 said:

Also the young guns notice older coaches that are reluctant to let them do their job. Β Young guns are wanting to showcase their ability. Β Fisher has thrown his team under the bus all year about execution, I still haven’t heard him say any was his fault. Β Petrino for 1 year will help. Β If the young guys see Petrino had full authority of playcalling then they may comeΒ 

Edited by DB2point0

1 hour ago, DAWG91 said:

I'm not sure it's fair to equate the 2 situations. Β There were no arrests made in relation to Bobby's misdeeds. Β He cheated on his wife with a coworker, Β got caught, Β got fired.

I think if gets brought into A&M he will be a yes man to Jimbo. That's why I was surprised when his name surfaced because supposedly the Brass had told Jimbo he didn't have a choice on the next OC.

4 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

I think if gets brought into A&M he will be a yes man to Jimbo. That's why I was surprised when his name surfaced because supposedly the Brass had told Jimbo he didn't have a choice on the next OC.

If that's the case then this is all a waste of time. Β Say what you will about Bobby, not sure he could ever be just a "yes man." Β His offensive bonifieds and personality don't mix with that type scenario.

6 minutes ago, DAWG91 said:

If that's the case then this is all a waste of time. Β Say what you will about Bobby, not sure he could ever be just a "yes man." Β His offensive bonifieds and personality don't mix with that type scenario.

This is one thing I was going on when they started the search. I've heard this guy is very connected.

Β 

3 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

Bama is free of it because those donors have been buying players for him, way back before NIL came along.
Saban is a phenomenal coach but look at his record when he’s not been getting the best players bought for him. Β And it’s hard to argue because former players have come out and talked about the bagmen, new cars being bought and family payments…. Β Β It’s been easier for them because of the stacked roster that’s been bought for a decade

2007 7-6, 5 wins vacated, 1 win over a top 25 team

Saban pulls in the #1 class in the country with that record? C’mon now. Saban might be a good coach but he’s also had some help with his recruiting.Β 

4 hours ago, eagle34 said:

I don't think it's a money issue at all, aggys seem to have enough to light cigars with 100 dollar bills .... it's finding a top candidate willing to work for Jumbo, fearing he will be dictated to and have his thumb on his neck .... Has Jumbo even admitted he needs an offensive coordinator?Β  .....

• Like 1

• Mr. P locked this topic