👍🏻 Texas A&M Aggies 2023 👍🏻

Stoney

5 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Did this mental midget REALLY come back here and explain his "joke" after everyone ignored him? 

That's pretty pathetic, Kurt. Even for you. 🤣

I did it just for you, Jonny ... knew you would bite ....  :bait: .... :rofl:

I’m waiting for a team to go full Ted DiBiase. $50k to sign, performance bonuses paid out weekly on season. Double bucks rivalry weekend. Embrace the evil bag man role. Everybody’s got a price!!! Hahahaha

2 hours ago, Stoney said:

I’m waiting for a team to go full Ted DiBiase. $50k to sign, performance bonuses paid out weekly on season. Double bucks rivalry weekend. Embrace the evil bag man role. Everybody’s got a price!!! Hahahaha

Ted DiBiase!!!

”Everybody’s got a price for the Million Dollar Man.”

• Like 2

9 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

It's ironic to me that a huge population of the A&M fanbase absolutely adores the Astros even after they cheated to win the World Series in 2017 because, "Hey, everyone else was doing it too!" And they always praise Jackie Sherrill who left us on all kinds of probation due to his cheating. Again, "Everyone else was doing it!" 

But Bobby Petrino sleeping with an intern 10 years ago? Absolutely unforgiveable. 

Sleeping with the intern probably happens a lot.  How he got caught is the part that people find unforgivable… Arkansas fans and players wanted to riot when they fired him.  I think A&M is getting a good coach.  No one really cares about character when you are winning

6 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

Sleeping with the intern probably happens a lot.  How he got caught is the part that people find unforgivable… Arkansas fans and players wanted to riot when they fired him.  I think A&M is getting a good coach.  No one really cares about character when you are winning

While not the most tasteful act, I’ve never understood why Arkansas fired him. And I’ve definitely not understood why he never really got another chance in the SEC.

I don’t think he’s the splash hire Aggies we’re hoping for, but I think he’s going to be better than I originally thought. My first reaction a month ago was to absolutely hate it. But now after thinking it over I do think he brings a good thing for the team. My only hesitation on him is his age and that makes me question his drive. But his Xs and Os IQ and ability to adapt to his personnel is as good as you’ll see. 

I was underwhelmed by the hire but you can see reasons why it could be a good hire. Ryan Mallett and Lamar Jackson both played QB and had productive seasons in it. Some scuttlebutt that at his age this could be a one year deal to get him to his final big head coaching job. We’ll see. There’s some issues with him that do give you concern to put it mildly. Then again it’s SEC football. Who doesn’t have issues? Joey Freshwater at Ole Miss? Hugh Freeze at Auburn? 

10 hours ago, WETSU said:

While not the most tasteful act, I’ve never understood why Arkansas fired him. And I’ve definitely not understood why he never really got another chance in the SEC.

I don’t think he’s the splash hire Aggies we’re hoping for, but I think he’s going to be better than I originally thought. My first reaction a month ago was to absolutely hate it. But now after thinking it over I do think he brings a good thing for the team. My only hesitation on him is his age and that makes me question his drive. But his Xs and Os IQ and ability to adapt to his personnel is as good as you’ll see. 

He wants to be a HC again before he dies/retires.  That’s his potential motivation 

2 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

He wants to be a HC again before he dies/retires.  That’s his potential motivation 

Hrm, he JUST left a HC job at Missouri State, though it was at the FCS level. While the records aren't impressive in a vacuum, he took them to the playoffs twice when they hadn't been to the playoffs in decades there, if ever. 

15 hours ago, WETSU said:

The end of his second run at Louisville was pretty rough.

If he could have been competent longer at Louisville he could probably have had the Auburn job by now lol.

On 1/5/2023 at 11:51 AM, JohnnyFootball said:

It's ironic to me that a huge population of the A&M fanbase absolutely adores the Astros even after they cheated to win the World Series in 2017 because, "Hey, everyone else was doing it too!" And they always praise Jackie Sherrill who left us on all kinds of probation due to his cheating. Again, "Everyone else was doing it!" 

But Bobby Petrino sleeping with an intern 10 years ago? Absolutely unforgiveable. 

First of all - screw the cheating Astros! It's not just because they cheated or the way they cheated, it has a lot to do with how cocky they were about it when they got caught.

The reason I think this hire could be great or horrible is because we're dealing with two Alpha coaches. Petrino hasn't been the big name since he was let go years ago simply because he wasn't coaching on the big stage. Well he's back on the big stage, and I'm not sure them two boys are going to want to share the play calling. When I was a DC, I was fortunate to work for a head coach that would rarely make a statement like "they're getting us in the weakside B gap... what can we do to close that up?" He never told me to call this or that. I'm not sure Jimbo can hold himself to that after having the reins for so many years. I have no doubt that there will be cameras on Petrino and Fisher's faces during games a lot this year.

I just don't see Jumbo turning over the offense to Patrino .... it's more of an appeasement hire .... Jumbo will still be calling the offensive shots even if he lets it appear to be his OC pulling the trigger ....

Edited by KirtFalcon
yo mama

2 hours ago, Lhornfan said:

The reason I think this hire could be great or horrible is because we're dealing with two Alpha coaches. Petrino hasn't been the big name since he was let go years ago simply because he wasn't coaching on the big stage. Well he's back on the big stage, and I'm not sure them two boys are going to want to share the play calling. When I was a DC, I was fortunate to work for a head coach that would rarely make a statement like "they're getting us in the weakside B gap... what can we do to close that up?" He never told me to call this or that. I'm not sure Jimbo can hold himself to that after having the reins for so many years. I have no doubt that there will be cameras on Petrino and Fisher's faces during games a lot this year.

You're spot on. Though from everything I've heard, Jimbo doesn't really have a choice in the matter. If they work together, I think the offense will improve drastically. A&M lost several games this year by 7 or less points. Even a slight improvement wins a lot of those. And it's hard to get much worse than our offense this year lol!

21 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

I just don't see Jumbo turning over the offense to Patrino .... it's more of an appeasement hire .... Jumbo will still be calling the offensive shots even if he lets it appear to be his OC pulling the trigger ....

There’s just no logical reason why someone like Petrino takes the job if that’s the case. Petrino will be given full control. If Jimbo wanted a yes man he could have hired a nobody for cheaper and easier to deal with. 

14 minutes ago, WETSU said:

There’s just no logical reason why someone like Petrino takes the job if that’s the case. Petrino will be given full control. If Jimbo wanted a yes man he could have hired a nobody for cheaper and easier to deal with. 

Jumbo didn't hire him, A&M hired him .... has anyone heard Jumbo even agree publicly that he needs an OC? ....  I haven't heard anything he has said or written that even acknowledges anything about even looking for or needing one .... maybe I have missed it ....

• Mr. P locked this topic