👍🏻 Texas A&M Aggies 2023 👍🏻

Stoney

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Stoney said:

Air Noland commits tonight if anyone is interested in that.

I might have been if he wasn’t a lock to Ohio st once they offered. Jimbo is going to need Weigman and a young defensive line to have an absolutely incredible season if he wants to get momentum back on the recruiting trail. Put me in the camp that if he doesn’t win 10 games he’s done. Won’t be fired until the year after but his chances of righting the ship are over. 

19 hours ago, WETSU said:

I might have been if he wasn’t a lock to Ohio st once they offered. Jimbo is going to need Weigman and a young defensive line to have an absolutely incredible season if he wants to get momentum back on the recruiting trail. Put me in the camp that if he doesn’t win 10 games he’s done. Won’t be fired until the year after but his chances of righting the ship are over. 

The longer this spring goes on the more I’m taking a “this is it vibe” for Jimbo. A 2-3 win improvement is nice on paper but not 5 years in after a top 1 class, the dysfunctional 2022 season and the bare minimum changes made to the staff. 

3 hours ago, Stoney said:

The longer this spring goes on the more I’m taking a “this is it vibe” for Jimbo. A 2-3 win improvement is nice on paper but not 5 years in after a top 1 class, the dysfunctional 2022 season and the bare minimum changes made to the staff. 

Agreed. The staff is the biggest issue honestly. Had he cleared house and taken a fresh approach that showed he “learned from his mistakes” it might be different, but it’s clear he thinks last year was a fluke not the norm. He very well could see a huge turnaround with Weigman but who knows. 

23 hours ago, WETSU said:

Agreed. The staff is the biggest issue honestly. Had he cleared house and taken a fresh approach that showed he “learned from his mistakes” it might be different, but it’s clear he thinks last year was a fluke not the norm. He very well could see a huge turnaround with Weigman but who knows. 

I mean, it WAS a fluke. How many teams face as many injuries as we did last year? Towards the end of the year as the team actually had time to gel, they looked good in beating LSU solidly at home. 

I think a lot depends on Petrino's impact. If Jimbo hired him to bring his offense/system, that's fine. If he hired him to appease people but nothing really changes, then yeah... I agree with you. 

5 hours ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

They give out spring MVP trophies. It’s actually common at most universities. Including Alabama.

https://247sports.com/college/alabama/Article/Alabama-football-players-recognized-for-achievement-in-spring-practice-following-A-Day-Game-included-transfer-running-back-Jahmyr-Gibbs-being-MVP-186321734/

Try harder. If this is the effort you put into things, I’m not surprised Jimbo was able to upset you. 

• LOL! 1

• Mr. P locked this topic