👍🏻 Texas A&M Aggies 2023 👍🏻

Stoney

2 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

So NOW I feel like something fishy is in the air. He's decided to stay. Weird. 

It is weird, but I don't know anything about what's going on to comment on it. I'm curious to know, however. 

13 hours ago, topher805 said:

Javorskie Lane Jr. has committed to play baseball at A&M

Man times flies . Sr was one of my favorite Aggies to watch. I remember his lufkin days. Legacy continues. Sr was unfortunately underutilized his Senior year. 

6 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

Just how big a boy is he? ....

Genetics aren’t on his side yet…Just a freshman in HS

5’9” 175 lbs.

That said he is one of the top prospects in the country as an outfielder and middle infielder

9 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Yeeeahhh likelihood he makes it to campus is low. 

maybe it was just a proposal but i thought the ncaa was going to change the recruiting for baseball? make it more like how football recruiting goes.

7 hours ago, txk85 said:

maybe it was just a proposal but i thought the ncaa was going to change the recruiting for baseball? make it more like how football recruiting goes.

That went into effect yesterday. A&M, LSU, and TCU pushed through some EARLY offers over the weekend. LSU got a class of ‘28 kid…

18 hours ago, ETXfan16 said:

Are y'all happy with Bjork?

He’s 50/50 for me. He has made some decent hires in the non revenue sports. It all depends on how he handles Jimbo if this season is not good. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Stoney said:

Chris Marshall kicked off Ole Miss football team.

Guy has top 2 round talent but will likely end up in prison. How some of these kids can be given so much talent just to throw it away trying to live the “thug life” is beyond me. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

Guy has top 2 round talent but will likely end up in prison. How some of these kids can be given so much talent just to throw it away trying to live the “thug life” is beyond me. 

$1,000,000 body and a 10¢ brain. Worst combination for an athlete since the dawn of time. 4,5 months at Ole Miss and they didn't want to put up with it. Kid could be the next Greg Hardy working at Walmart, posting videos on social media complaining about his life.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WETSU said:

Exactly hopefully he can go Cam Newton route at juco and go from there. Like you we have our doubts.

On 5/1/2023 at 12:15 PM, ETXfan16 said:

Are y'all happy with Bjork?

I am. 

Good dude. He made several splash hires across the board. 

Getting Schlossnagle led to our best Baseball season in our history in his first year as HC. 

Buzz Williams was an amazing splash hire and the team has gotten better every year he's been here. 

Trisha Ford was another big hire in Softball and A&M is already looking better there and recruiting better. 

Jimbo Fisher was a Scott Woodward hire who, again, had A&M's best season in like 80 years. When things went wrong (injuries and meh offensive strategy), he made Jimbo hire an OC. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/7/2023 at 9:54 PM, JohnnyFootball said:

I am. 

Good dude. He made several splash hires across the board. 

Getting Schlossnagle led to our best Baseball season in our history in his first year as HC. 

Buzz Williams was an amazing splash hire and the team has gotten better every year he's been here. 

Trisha Ford was another big hire in Softball and A&M is already looking better there and recruiting better. 

Jimbo Fisher was a Scott Woodward hire who, again, had A&M's best season in like 80 years. When things went wrong (injuries and meh offensive strategy), he made Jimbo hire an OC. 

This is a good take. I think he's done a pretty good job imo. Cleaning up Woodwards mess is no easy task.

On 5/9/2023 at 10:34 AM, ETXfan16 said:

This is a good take. I think he's done a pretty good job imo. Cleaning up Woodwards mess is no easy task.

I don't think Woodward left a MESS per se. In looking it up, Buzz Williams was actually a Woodward hire, not Bjork. The bat and ball sports were both things Woodward could've made a move on, but both went to their respective College World Series in 2017. Hard to fire a coach a year removed from that. Still, a move should've been made in 2019 in both at the latest. 

Also, I guess he could've forced Gary Blair out since he stayed way too long and drove our program into the dumps.... But again, it's hard to fire a coach who won a national title here.

• Thanks 1

On 5/17/2023 at 8:15 AM, Stoney said:

Joni Taylor didn't do a bad job in year one. Especially retooling the roster like she had to.

Yeeeahhh I feel bad for her. Gary Blair left our program in shambles. But knowing everything, I'll always take a coach who wins a national title here, even if a decade later they leave things in a not great state.

• Mr. P locked this topic