👍🏻 Texas A&M Aggies 2023 👍🏻

Stoney

19 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

I remember him absolutely schooling Bama last year. Hence why I say I like him as a DC. But even then, isn't he big on the 4-2-5? That's not as viable in the SEC. 

My thing is... he had success at TCU in the Mountain West. Once he didn't have the cupcake schedule, he had a couple good years in the Big XII before tanking. In 5 of his last 6 seasons, he had bad years. Not really sure why that was. 

19 hours ago, Lobo97 said:

That’s true. I wasn’t thinking about the last few years there, but overall. Yeah, I can’t say what the reason for the struggles were either. Maybe that’s why he took the time off; just needed a break. 

He never got the QB position right after Kenny Hill left. 

Kind of Jimbo's big sin too imo.

Edited by Valhalla

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

I do think that timeline is accurate. 

Is Urban Meyer an actual name of interest?

I figure the main names are Elko, Traylor and Schumann. Maybe Riley since there seems to be some smoke about his displeasure at USC?

2 minutes ago, Baron said:

Is Urban Meyer an actual name of interest?

I figure the main names are Elko, Traylor and Schumann. Maybe Riley since there seems to be some smoke about his displeasure at USC?

I saw somewhere that Elko and Traylor are the top 2. I have no clue how valid that is, but I wouldn’t exactly be thrilled if those 2 were my guys imo

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ETXfan16 said:

I saw somewhere that Elko and Traylor are the top 2. I have no clue how valid that is, but I wouldn’t exactly be thrilled if those 2 were my guys imo

They are respectable coaches. Maybe not wow! hires, but coaches that have translated successfully from co-ordinator/asst to head coach.

On 11/16/2023 at 7:40 PM, ETXfan16 said:

I’m not over those guys. 

On 11/16/2023 at 7:50 PM, Baron said:

They are respectable coaches. Maybe not wow! hires, but coaches that have translated successfully from co-ordinator/asst to head coach.

Sort of. Elko is 6-4 this year. I know he’s at Duke but…

Worth that big of a buyout to go get either of them? I have a hard time thinking that the BMAs wanted to pay that much for a guy like Elko or Taylor. 

1 hour ago, JohnnyFootball said:

I’m not over those guys. 

I like Traylor a lot don’t get me wrong. His connections to Texas High school football is really great and has a solid reputation… 

But going from UTSA to A&M is a huge jump. I believe he’s a small gig (like a Houston or Baylor) away from being a big time college football coach.

Elko just doesn’t do it for me. If he would have never came through CS, there’s not a single Aggie that would take him if you ask me. Especially when compared to the buyout you just had to make.

1 hour ago, ETXfan16 said:

I like Traylor a lot don’t get me wrong. His connections to Texas High school football is really great and has a solid reputation… 

But going from UTSA to A&M is a huge jump. I believe he’s a small gig (like a Houston or Baylor) away from being a big time college football coach.

Elko just doesn’t do it for me. If he would have never came through CS, there’s not a single Aggie that would take him if you ask me. Especially when compared to the buyout you just had to make.

Traylor makes the most sense. Texas boy. His kids are all Aggies. His brother who is on his staff was a GA at A&M. Texas high school Coaching legend. Last time he worked for a big Texas program at UT he was the top Recruiter in the State. Understands the Aggie traditions and knows how important it’s going to be to beat the Horns every year. He’s done a phenomenal job of taking UTSA from a cellar dweller to perennial Conference champion. 

• Thanks 2

18 hours ago, Baron said:

How long has Elko been a HC?

18 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Sort of. Elko is 6-4 this year. I know he’s at Duke but…

Worth that big of a buyout to go get either of them? I have a hard time thinking that the BMAs wanted to pay that much for a guy like Elko or Taylor. 

Well, they’re the ones that ponied up for Sumlin’s AND Fisher’s big extensions so nothing the Aggy Bma’s do should suprise you.  Watch it be somebody like Bryan Harsin or Kellen Moore!!  Lol

12 hours ago, Lion7000 said:

It would seem like a great fit if Traylor gets the nod that Robinson  is his DC and Petrino his OC. Not sure how good his current guys are but like you said Robinson is valuable for A&M. 

Why are you hellbent on hiring a coach and telling him who he has to use?  That’s how you build tension in a staff.  The newly hired HC should interview them and decide if they’re a fit for his vision of the program.  If you want to keep Fisher’s staff, keep Fisher too

44 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Why are you hellbent on hiring a coach and telling him who he has to use?  That’s how you build tension in a staff.  The newly hired HC should interview them and decide if they’re a fit for his vision of the program.  If you want to keep Fisher’s staff, keep Fisher too

I like the assistants namely Robinson. Fisher didn’t adapt and had he changed the offense up around years ago then he would still be the coach. The offensive line play has been atrocious the past two years . You adapt to your players not make the players adapt to your scheme. 

1 hour ago, Lion7000 said:

I like the assistants namely Robinson. Fisher didn’t adapt and had he changed the offense up around years ago then he would still be the coach. The offensive line play has been atrocious the past two years . You adapt to your players not make the players adapt to your scheme. 

You recruit players that fit your scheme.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lion7000 said:

That’s a high school mentality, in college you go out and recruit players that fit your scheme. 

• Like 1

"The UTSA coach interviewed with Texas A&M athletic director Ross Bjork this week, according to a report from the Austin American-Statesman on Thursday, November 16. The interview was reportedly longer than expected as Traylor and Bjork spoke for 90 minutes on a Zoom call."

It's funny, because most of the non-ETX folks I'm seeing on Twitter are skeptical of him being a candidate, but most if not all of the ETX folks see it as a great match. 

Interesting stuff. “Names not mentioned anywhere”. 

On 11/17/2023 at 1:40 PM, Mr. P said:

"The UTSA coach interviewed with Texas A&M athletic director Ross Bjork this week, according to a report from the Austin American-Statesman on Thursday, November 16. The interview was reportedly longer than expected as Traylor and Bjork spoke for 90 minutes on a Zoom call."

It's funny, because most of the non-ETX folks I'm seeing on Twitter are skeptical of him being a candidate, but most if not all of the ETX folks see it as a great match. 

I wonder what they talk about for 90 minutes. 

With all the security holes in Zoom, I wonder if any of these interviews are going to find their way onto the Internet. 

• Like 2