πŸ‘πŸ» Texas A&M Aggies 2023 πŸ‘πŸ»

Stoney

27 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

IDK I'm not paying the bills at neither university. But to say he was entirely recruited is moronic.

Did anyone EVER say he we entirely recruited and nil wasn’t even a factor? Or anyone else for that manner? The only moronic part of this is that you do cannot understand the that it’s not 0 NIL dollars or 30mil NIL dollars. This one kid saying he’s going to make 6 figures does not mean classes are bought only with NIL. Kids getting paid NIL at one school does not mean they only committed there for that. Kids everywhere are getting NIL.Β 
Β 

This childish (yes it’s childish) notion that A&M is paying more than everyone and that’s why they got certain players is the saltiest of butthurt.Β 

13 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Did anyone EVER say he we entirely recruited and nil wasn’t even a factor? Or anyone else for that manner? The only moronic part of this is that you do cannot understand the that it’s not 0 NIL dollars or 30mil NIL dollars. This one kid saying he’s going to make 6 figures does not mean classes are bought only with NIL. Kids getting paid NIL at one school does not mean they only committed there for that. Kids everywhere are getting NIL.Β 
Β 

This childish (yes it’s childish) notion that A&M is paying more than everyone and that’s why they got certain players is the saltiest of butthurt.Β 

My goshΒ πŸ˜‚. I'll either let Lion translate or just leave it there. Wow!

Edited by Sportsfanatic1

4 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

My goshΒ πŸ˜‚. I'll either let Lion translate or just leave it there. Wow!

What is difficult to understand.

You said β€œto claim he was entirely recruited is moronic.” Β Β 
Β 

Who ever said that? I’m saying nobody has ever denied that no A&M player is ever getting a deal. What has been denied is that they spent 30mil+ on last years class. Nobody ever said these kids aren’t getting anything. But the statements they ONLY committed to A&M because of are childish.
Β 

21 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Earlier this month, it was reported that TCU offensive coordinator Garrett Riley, the younger brother of Lincoln Riley, turned down Fisher’s offer of $6 million over three years to become the Aggies’ new offensive coordinator.Β 

Smart move ....

14 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Smart move ....

I absolutely agree. Regardless of your feelings about Jimbo, it would have been dumb to leave a playoff team when he will be a HC after next season anyways regardless of where he coaches.Β 

7 minutes ago, WETSU said:

I absolutely agree. Regardless of your feelings about Jimbo, it would have been dumb to leave a playoff team when he will be a HC after next season anyways regardless of where he coaches.Β 

Riley wanted the North Texas job. Might have been the best thing with the run TCU is on. Should be one of the hottest names for jobs in β€˜23.

47 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Earlier this month, it was reported that TCU offensive coordinator Garrett Riley, the younger brother of Lincoln Riley, turned down Fisher’s offer of $6 million over three years to become the Aggies’ new offensive coordinator.Β 

That’s the number we’ve heard thrown around that Jimbo was willing to offer, $2m. Β Riley and the Washington Huskies OC were the other two OCs offered besides Petrino. Whatever the issues were with the power, responsibilities it looks like it got worked out after Jimbo missed out on the Washington OC.

• Thanks 1

Listening to Clint Stoerner today and he was applauding A&M for the move. Said Petrino will handle discipline with the offensive players and have them looking good and quickly. He is a big fan of the move for more than just the offensive production.Β 
Β 

Stoerner also threw out that Jimbo was rumored to have been shot down by a few guys and had to settle back on Petrino. Thinks it was a blessing in disguise.Β 

9 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

That goes against the narrative, tho!Β 

Look at Miami and Oregon this year. Any questions about NLI with a 5-7 team having the #4 ranked class or flipping a QB from Baylor who Notre Dame, Ohio State and Texas A&M couldn’t? I’ll assume that doesn’t fit it either. Blue bloods.πŸ˜‰

42 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Look at Miami and Oregon this year. Any questions about NLI with a 5-7 team having the #4 ranked class or flipping a QB from Baylor who Notre Dame, Ohio State and Texas A&M couldn’t? I’ll assume that doesn’t fit it either. Blue bloods.πŸ˜‰

Miami doesn't hide what they do, and Oregon has been paying guying for 20 years.Β 

11 hours ago, Lhornfan said:

Well this hire is either going to be amazing or dreadful - either will be fun to watch.

Β 

7 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

It has been very polarizing between my Facebook Aggie fans

You either love the hire or hate it. That’s been the two largest camps so far. Put Stoney in the middle. Hopefully he’s no worse than our last OC.Β 

15 hours ago, WETSU said:

What is difficult to understand.

You said β€œto claim he was entirely recruited is moronic.” Β Β 
Β 

Who ever said that? I’m saying nobody has ever denied that no A&M player is ever getting a deal. What has been denied is that they spent 30mil+ on last years class. Nobody ever said these kids aren’t getting anything. But the statements they ONLY committed to A&M because of are childish.
Β 

Getting paid for signing is not NIL.

2 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

It has been very polarizing between my Facebook Aggie fans

It's ironic to me that a huge population of the A&M fanbase absolutely adores the Astros even after they cheated to win the World Series in 2017 because, "Hey, everyone else was doing it too!" And they always praise Jackie Sherrill who left us on all kinds of probation due to his cheating. Again, "Everyone else was doing it!"Β 

But Bobby Petrino sleeping with an intern 10 years ago? Absolutely unforgiveable.Β 

• Like 1
  • LOL! 3

4 hours ago, Stoney said:

Lol Texas is pretty open about it.... With the Burnt Ends program and whatnot. They openly say, "If you play <x position> here, you get <y amount of money>!"Β 

• Like 1

• Mr. P locked this topic