🤘🏻 Texas Longhorns 2023 🤘🏻

Baron

The outlook for Texas in 2023 is a bit cloudy, at least until portal additions are made. 

Added: Stanford punter and Wake Forest corner.
Needs:

ILB, Anthony Hill is an EE but I don’t expect him to start. The bowl game showed there isn’t anyone currently on the roster that can fill in for Overshown. 

WR, What happens with Worthy? Does Whittington stay another year? Can Neyor get back to form? There is a very highly touted recruiting class coming in but I’d still like to add a portal sure thing. 

Edge, we have some really intriguing edge prospects in Finkley, Burke, and Tapp. We also have good recruits coming in but save for Vasek they may need time. A legit pass rusher would be nice. 

DT, maybe 1 body to throw into the rotation. Getting Sweat back is big. I think Sydir Mitchell will play a lot. 

Thoughts? 

Edited by JustAFan11

3 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

The outlook for Texas in 2023 is a bit cloudy, at least until portal additions are made. 

Added: Stanford punter and Safety from Georgia Tech
Needs:

ILB, Anthony Hill is an EE but I don’t expect him to start. The bowl game showed there isn’t anyone currently on the roster that can fill in for Overshown. 

WR, What happens with Worthy? Does Whittington stay another year? Can Neyor get back to form? There is a very highly touted recruiting class coming in but I’d still like to add a portal sure thing. 

Edge, we have some really intriguing edge prospects in Finkley, Burke, and Tapp. We also have good recruits coming in but save for Vasek they may need time. A legit pass rusher would be nice. 

DT, maybe 1 body to throw into the rotation. Getting Sweat back is big. I think Sydir Mitchell will play a lot. 

Thoughts? 

I would think Hill starts. Especially if Ford is back. But I agree with everything else. WR needs to be fixed, but I feel better having Neyor back. 

I hope Sark realized that Brooks is the guy for RB1.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, topher805 said:

Whittington stayed healthy this year. That is a winning lottery ticket for him. Cash in now when your stock is high…

He’s got the reputation of being hurt.  One season won’t change that perception.  He’s a 5-6-7 round pick at best right now, maybe ufa.

5 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

Needs:

Thoughts? 

WR group will be one of the strongest groups on the team, IMO. And personally, I believe the he passing game would be better if Worthy left. I’ll address why in a moment. 
Whitt is rumored to be coming back.

A healthy Neyor will add a strong piece. 

Cain looked good in the bowl game.

If Thompson and/or Red take a step forward, there’s another threat. 
Sanders at TE adds another strong weapon.

I also expect Cook to get a lot of playing time as a freshman. 

That’s a very deep, very good receiving group. 

Now regarding Worthy; I think most Texas fans are so frustrated with his lack of effort and drops, that none will be upset if he leaves. That said, far too much of the passing game was forced to him. There’s too many weapons to be trying to force every ball to one player. Remove that, and I think you open up the rest of the offense. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lobo97 said:

WR group will be one of the strongest groups on the team, IMO. And personally, I believe the he passing game would be better if Worthy left. I’ll address why in a moment. 

Now regarding Worthy; I think most Texas fans are so frustrated with his lack of effort and drops, that none will be upset if he leaves. That said, far too much of the passing game was forced to him. There’s too many weapons to be trying to force every ball to one player. Remove that, and I think you open up the rest of the offense. 

Neyor being out all year really was a bummer because he compliments Worthy so well.

1 hour ago, Lobo97 said:

Definitely agree on Worthy being too much of a focus in the passing game. 

8 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

Needs:

Thoughts? 

What about the CB from Wake Forest ?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ETXfan16 said:

Neyor being out all year really was a bummer because he compliments Worthy so well.

Next season, I think Worthy benefits a lot from the presents of Neyor, Sanders and Whitt (if he comes back). 

• Like 1

On 1/1/2023 at 12:42 AM, ANTI said:

Next season, I think Worthy benefits a lot from the presents of Neyor, Sanders and Whitt (if he comes back). 

Those guys would benefit (along with the rest of the Texas offense) with Worthy playing somewhere else. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

Bobby Burton says he has a source saying RB Jaydon Blue will jump into the portal. 

Shocked that a kid who opted out of high school portals out.  Guys like Blue, Demas, ect who have these red flags coming out of HS very rarely work out.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

Shocked that a kid who opted out of high school portals out.  Guys like Blue, Demas, ect who have these red flags coming out of HS very rarely work out.

I gotta believe he thought he’d get carries in the bowl game. Now with Baxter and Wisner coming in he probably sees the writing on the wall. 

4 hours ago, Red90fly said:

Somewhere, way back when, a poster said we'd all be eating our words in doubting this commit. 

However, I don't care enough about it to look it up. But I will say this isn't surprising. 

I do hope he turns it around. I absolutely loathe seeing talent squandered. 

• Mr. P locked this topic