🤘🏻 Texas Longhorns 2023 🤘🏻

Baron

23 hours ago, ANTI said:

Whittington, Neyor, Sanders....Worthy if he gets his stuff together....

JWhitt and Sanders are the chain movers. Sprinkle in some Worthy deep shots and we have a decent air threat that should open up the running game in the absence of Robinson and Johnson.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

He did not stick around long. 

He’s what you call a job hopper. He’s a solid recruiter but his year at Texas he was unable to develop a 3rd WR and Worthy regressed from year 1. How much was on him and how much was just lack of talent in the WR room? I don’t know but I don’t believe it’s a huge loss. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JustAFan11 said:

He’s what you call a job hopper. He’s a solid recruiter but his year at Texas he was unable to develop a 3rd WR and Worthy regressed from year 1. How much was on him and how much was just lack of talent in the WR room? I don’t know but I don’t believe it’s a huge loss. 

Texas fans were calling him the best WR coach in the country when he was hired last year. 

Of course he failed on his biggest recruiting job when Jordan Addison went to USC.

26 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Texas fans were calling him the best WR coach in the country when he was hired last year. 

Of course he failed on his biggest recruiting job when Jordan Addison went to USC.

I never referred to him as the best, but I was excited with the hire. I was not impressed with the WR room this year. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Valhalla said:

Im sure every Texas fan was excited about the hire. After a year on the job at Texas I would imagine you’ll find many who reacted the same way I did to the news that he was moving on. 
Not that Texas fans are happy he’s leaving but since he is, we aren’t going to be devastated. 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

Im sure every Texas fan was excited about the hire. After a year on the job at Texas I would imagine you’ll find many who reacted the same way I did to the news that he was moving on. 
Not that Texas fans are happy he’s leaving but since he is, we aren’t going to be devastated. 

And I’ll be fine if Worthy joins him. 

• Like 4

So a potential Depth Chart on O could look like:

QB- Ewers/Manning or Manning/Ewers

RB- Brooks/K Robinson/Baxter Jr {Don't know order}

WR- J-Whit, Isiah Neyor, Worthyish (maybe), Savion Red, Johntay Cook, DeAndre Moore potentially

[Insert potential portal transfers also]

TE- J Sanders, {Would be nice to lock up Duce next month}

OL- Banks, Conner, Majors, Hutson, RT?????

On paper it looks pretty decent to me, but I hope we allow to see Baxter get some carries early in the season {not saying he's the best player on roster yet, but his hype certainly is exciting}! Hook'em \m/ \m/

• Confused 1

18 minutes ago, iRockNewbzz said:

So a potential Depth Chart on O could look like:
QB- Ewers/Manning or Manning/Ewers

Ain't no way Manning starts in year one. Not unless there's an injury. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Red90fly said:

Arch is going to red shirt. 

I agree. He needs time in the system and game-speed reps.

Peyton only played his freshman season because both QBs ahead of him were injured, and the offense was run-heavy (at the time). Eli didn't start 'til he was a redshirt Soph.

I can't imagine how Arch just beats Ewers out right away. I just don't see it. I've been wrong before, but I just don't see it. 

• Like 1

Texas RT Christian Jones announced on his Instagram that he’ll return for his last year at Texas. 

All 5 starting lineman will return from an oline that started the same 5 in every game this season. It’ll be very interesting to see how the oline shakes out this off-season. I don’t think the same 5 start again. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

All 5 starting lineman will return from an oline that started the same 5 in every game this season. It’ll be very interesting to see how the oline shakes out this off-season. I don’t think the same 5 start again. 

Think Jones gets moved to Guard.  Something like:

Banks - LT

Campbell - LG

Majors - C

Jones- RG

Cam Williams or Neto - RT

• Like 1

On 1/8/2023 at 2:23 PM, Valhalla said:

The excitement was that he could possibly develop another Billitnikof award winner at Texas with Worthy.

• Mr. P locked this topic