🤘🏻 Texas Longhorns 2023 🤘🏻

Baron

1 minute ago, Hookemhorns88 said:

Why am I not surprised.

Based upon what is known or assumed at this time:

College football world: Manning is great.

Wetsu: He is not great.

image.jpeg

I think you’re overestimating what the college football world thinks of Arch… I’ve seen many say he’s overrated. 

Look guys are you capable of being realistic even for a second? Are you capable of living in a world where arch can be overrated right now and still turn out to be a solid player for you guys? My comments are simply that he’s ranked like one of the best QBs of all time, and really the only real argument for it is “look at his family tree.” His actual on the field play is not one of the best ever and if you think that based on his high school career you’re lying to yourself. His measurables and arm talent are good but so are many others with better stats and accomplishments to this point in their careers. I just don’t understand why you guys can’t put your bias against me aside and see he’s overrated. And before anyone wants to make comments about it’s my bias that’s the problem, I’ve been saying he’s overrated since the initial ranking of him before Texas was even a school people thought was in the running. 

13 minutes ago, WETSU said:

I think you’re overestimating what the college football world thinks of Arch… I’ve seen many say he’s overrated. 

Look guys are you capable of being realistic even for a second? Are you capable of living in a world where arch can be overrated right now and still turn out to be a solid player for you guys? My comments are simply that he’s ranked like one of the best QBs of all time, and really the only real argument for it is “look at his family tree.” His actual on the field play is not one of the best ever and if you think that based on his high school career you’re lying to yourself. His measurables and arm talent are good but so are many others with better stats and accomplishments to this point in their careers. I just don’t understand why you guys can’t put your bias against me aside and see he’s overrated. And before anyone wants to make comments about it’s my bias that’s the problem, I’ve been saying he’s overrated since the initial ranking of him before Texas was even a school people thought was in the running. 

I am not saying that he will be the next savior. What I am saying is that he is highly ranked as one of the highest ever by people that do that for a living. Throw in his name as part of the factor if you like.

I do not follow recruiting, as I have historically stated on this site, because until a football player of any star status has proven themselves they are all only relying on potential.

I am only calling to attention your observations that goes against the general consensus of his ranking, hence his “greatness”.

Every program Have stars that flameout.

Edited by Hookemhorns88

When Peyton came out, there were some that didn’t think he was even one of the 3 best players on his team, let alone the #1 recruit in the country. 
Will Arch live up to his billing, time will tell. I’m just curious why those that are knocking him are doing so. Other than, ‘he didn’t play good competition’ (he played the same competition Peyton and Eli did 🤷🏻‍♂️), why do you think he’s no better than a 3 star?

19 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

When Peyton came out, there were some that didn’t think he was even one of the 3 best players on his team, let alone the #1 recruit in the country. 
Will Arch live up to his billing, time will tell. I’m just curious why those that are knocking him are doing so. Other than, ‘he didn’t play good competition’ (he played the same competition Peyton and Eli did 🤷🏻‍♂️), why do you think he’s no better than a 3 star?

My knock is that when I watch his film I do not see a great player. I see a player with tools but he doesn’t take over games the way great players do. When I look at his stat line I see stats that reflect a mid 3 star prospect. The types of stats that small school Texas kids put up and then disappear when they up the competition. My knock is that he did not camp and compete with other QBs to see what he’s got. Traditionally not competing in the camp circuit has results in rankings drops. Not for Arch. 

You ask me why I knock him and that’s fine. What I’m saying is can we say anything about him other than his last name that justifies a 5 star ranking? Not just a 5 star but one of the highest ranked QBs ever. That’s what I’m asking. Just what is the thought process is for his ranking/hype outside of name. 

34 minutes ago, Hookemhorns88 said:

I am not saying that he will be the next savior. What I am saying is that he is highly ranked as one of the highest ever by people that do that for a living. Throw in his name as part of the factor if you like.

I do not follow recruiting, as I have historically stated on this site, because until a football player of any star status has proven themselves they are all only relying on potential.

I am only calling to attention your observations that goes against the general consensus of his ranking, hence his “greatness”.

Every program Have stars that flameout.

I feel like you’re against my statements but then turn around and say the same exact things I say. I’m not saying other programs don’t have kids that are overranked and end up being bust. Im not saying the kid is only ranked this high because of who is committed to. You say you don’t follow recruiting and that’s fine. I do. A lot. And there has never been a prospect like Arch get this high ranking with his stat line against small school competition. Most small school kids are always punished in the rankings. Especially QBs. Most kids are always punished for not competing on the camp circuit. Not Arch. I hear what you’re saying that they are professionals that do this for a living, but have you seen his film? Have you checked his stat lines? If you truly in your heart see a QB billed as one of the best ever that’s fine, I just don’t. And there’s nothing wrong with that it’s not just because he’s going to Texas and everyone should pile on the Aggie for having an opinion of the player. 

17 hours ago, WETSU said:

I live in Louisiana. I know far more about it than most who talk about Arch and his schedule. 

What I am saying is he is ranked as one of the best ever. When you see him play do you see a guy take over the game like a generational player? Do you watch him against his competition, big or small, and think (this guy is one of the greatest prospects I’ve ever seen? If you do that’s fine. I just don’t. 

I think you’ve also said not to worry about rankings.  I don’t.  I know he understands the game and has the tools.  The last name attracts talent.  If he pans out that’s great too.

2 hours ago, PelvisPresley said:

he played HS w/ garbage players and his coach couldn't even open it up enough to win state in LA!!!

we'll see what he can he can do within a semester or two after being there working hard around good talent, working w/ better coaches.

This is dumbest argument. His teammates were just as garbage as his competition. You’re telling me if you put Kyler, VY, Cam Newton etc on these teams they couldn’t take over the game? Get out of here…. 

My bad though guys. You keep circle jerking to the kid and making this an Aggie vs Texas thing instead of having a brain and having a real football discussion. 

2 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

I think you’ve also said not to worry about rankings.  I don’t.  I know he understands the game and has the tools.  The last name attracts talent.  If he pans out that’s great too.

That’s fine. Your stance is perfectly fine and I agree with it. I just wanted a single Texas fan to get on here and admit it’s pushing it a little to have this kid ranked as one of the best ever…. That doesn’t change what positives he brings or what he’s capable of. 

24 minutes ago, WETSU said:

This is dumbest argument. His teammates were just as garbage as his competition. You’re telling me if you put Kyler, VY, Cam Newton etc on these teams they couldn’t take over the game? Get out of here…. 

My bad though guys. You keep circle jerking to the kid and making this an Aggie vs Texas thing instead of having a brain and having a real football discussion. 

VY, Cam, or Mack Brown's main man Tyrone Swoopes are different totally...more runners...just big dudes running over little HS twerps, then throwing long balls when they wanted to drop back in HS

Kyler, well that was a bit of an outlier...Allen HS was a beast program and he was a HS beast!!!

12 minutes ago, PelvisPresley said:

VY, Cam, or Mack Brown's main man Tyrone Swoopes are different totally...more runners...just big dudes running over little HS twerps, then throwing long balls when they wanted to drop back in HS

Kyler, well that was a bit of an outlier...Allen HS was a beast program and he was a HS beast!!!

From what I remember Swoopes did not run over everyone and that was the thing. He played 2A ball and was 4 inches and 30 pounds bigger than even the lineman for most the teams he played against and his team still went 2-8. He didn’t take over the game even when he physically should/could have. And when you can’t take that next step and just truly shine at the small school level it’s hard to make the jump to do it at the power 5 level. Yes you upgrade talent around you but at the same rate the competition level around you increases as well. It’s mostly an even trade. 

7 minutes ago, WETSU said:

From what I remember Swoopes did not run over everyone and that was the thing. He played 2A ball and was 4 inches and 30 pounds bigger than even the lineman for most the teams he played against and his team still went 2-8. He didn’t take over the game even when he physically should/could have. And when you can’t take that next step and just truly shine at the small school level it’s hard to make the jump to do it at the power 5 level. Yes you upgrade talent around you but at the same rate the competition level around you increases as well. It’s mostly an even trade. 

sounds like if it was 2023, he'd be headed for Aggieland and a huge NIL deal...the new Wild Aggie offense

Edited by PelvisPresley

lol Wetsu, I think you've lost it. You really compared Arch to Cam, Kyle and VY (True Duel-Threat QB's). I mean, I know you're an aggy but still.....smdh! Ofc QB's like that can overtake teams because they aren't pocket passers. If you have trash around you at the WR/RB position, ofc you aren't going to have the most glorious stats ever.

WETSU, you just better hope and pray Weigman is ya'lls guy, cause if not.......back to the dumpster fire

• LOL! 1

4 hours ago, WETSU said:

That’s fine. Your stance is perfectly fine and I agree with it. I just wanted a single Texas fan to get on here and admit it’s pushing it a little to have this kid ranked as one of the best ever…. That doesn’t change what positives he brings or what he’s capable of. 

Get a job as a recruiting analyst is my suggestion.  

• LOL! 1

On 1/11/2023 at 9:07 AM, ETXfan16 said:

Baxter is 6'2 215 but runs and cuts like Jamaal Charles. Kid can be really special.

People thought Blue might enter the portal this cycle and he didn't. By the end of spring he may reconsider with Baxter being an early enrollee.

• Like 1

On 1/12/2023 at 12:09 PM, WETSU said:

Can you show me how he is other than name? Honest question. He hasn’t competed in camps, he didn’t play in any all star games, he put up just average stats in small classification ball in Louisiana. He lost in the playoffs and in some of his pre district games with embarrassing stat lines. Like 8/23 for 87 yards and 2 ints type stat lines. 

I know he’s got good size. I do believe he’s got a good arm. I do think his pedigree is good. But can you honestly show me a 5 star one of the highest ranked QBs ever? To me he’s just your average high 4 star that we get yearly. It’s not like he’s just the most athletic specimen ever and his stats are not great either. If this kid was named anything but manning he’s probably a mid 4 star based on physical tools and game film. And there’s no shame in that. But why do Texas fans treat him like he’s the second coming? Why when I ask a simple question like prove to me why he’s one of the best ever the argument instantly turns to “aggy doesn’t know you’re just jealous” type childish behavior. I’m asking a simple question. If this kid was committed to any other school with any other last name would you all still feel he’s one of the greatest qb prospects ever?

Why does this bother you so much? Texas fans didn't extort/demand that the recruiting services rank him that high. We are only going off of what we've been told. His commitment did bring in some players we probably wouldn't have gotten if he hadn't committed. So there is that.

His stats are unusual for a highly rated recruited. From what I've heard is the team around him was not very good. Completion % was 61.1 with a 16.2 ypc average. 34 touchdowns and only 2 interceptions.

Someone asked why he would go to school at Isidore Newman. From what I understand his father Cooper and both uncles Peyton and Eli went to school there as well. Apparently a family tradition.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Baron said:

Why does this bother you so much? Texas fans didn't extort/demand that the recruiting services rank him that high. We are only going off of what we've been told. His commitment did bring in some players we probably wouldn't have gotten if he hadn't committed. So there is that.

His stats are unusual for a highly rated recruited. From what I've heard is the team around him was not very good. Completion % was 61.1 with a 16.2 ypc average. 34 touchdowns and only 2 interceptions.

Someone asked why he would go to school at Isidore Newman. From what I understand his father Cooper and both uncles Peyton and Eli went to school there as well. Apparently a family tradition.

Those stats are just atrocious.  Texas should gray shirt him

• LOL! 1

12 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

If Arch Manning had signed with the aggys, I'm sure he would be a 5+ star recruit  ....

Had he committed to Aggy, Bama or Georgia....I have a funny feeling that we would not hear how bad of a player he supposedly is on a daily basis. 

At minimum, Arch is going to help bring in more talent to UT. I can live with that alone. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ANTI said:

Had he committed to Aggy, Bama or Georgia....I have a funny feeling that we would not hear how bad of a player he supposedly is on a daily basis. 

At minimum, Arch is going to help bring in more talent to UT. I can live with that alone. 

You have to excuse a couple of aggy trolls who have more than enough to worry about with their dumpster fire program and overpaid coach who can't coach offense so they bring in another retread with more baggage than Samsonite to resurrect  their offense ......

• LOL! 2

• Mr. P locked this topic