🤘🏻 Texas Longhorns 2023 🤘🏻

Baron

On 1/13/2023 at 8:49 AM, WETSU said:

I think you’re overestimating what the college football world thinks of Arch… I’ve seen many say he’s overrated. 

Look guys are you capable of being realistic even for a second? Are you capable of living in a world where arch can be overrated right now and still turn out to be a solid player for you guys? My comments are simply that he’s ranked like one of the best QBs of all time, and really the only real argument for it is “look at his family tree.” His actual on the field play is not one of the best ever and if you think that based on his high school career you’re lying to yourself. His measurables and arm talent are good but so are many others with better stats and accomplishments to this point in their careers. I just don’t understand why you guys can’t put your bias against me aside and see he’s overrated. And before anyone wants to make comments about it’s my bias that’s the problem, I’ve been saying he’s overrated since the initial ranking of him before Texas was even a school people thought was in the running. 

I’d be upset if I were you too.  Jimbo still coaches your team, the donors made him hire an OC, they hired a good one, but he came with baggage, 27 players in the portal from a 5-7 team.  The good thing is you return lots of starters.  The bad thing is they went 5-7.  I’d be unhappy too, but why come over here and crap all in our Texas thread???  Oh wait, I know….it’s wetsu and it’s what he’s always done for 10 years.  You are the very reason so many people troll the Aggies here.  You…

36 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

I’d be upset if I were you too.  Jimbo still coaches your team, the donors made him hire an OC, they hired a good one, but he came with baggage, 27 players in the portal from a 5-7 team.  The good thing is you return lots of starters.  The bad thing is they went 5-7.  I’d be unhappy too, but why come over here and crap all in our Texas thread???  Oh wait, I know….it’s wetsu and it’s what he’s always done for 10 years.  You are the very reason so many people troll the Aggies here.  You…

If Arch had signed with the aggys, wetsu would be touting him for the Heisman as a freshman .... 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

You have to excuse a couple of aggy trolls who have more than enough to worry about with their dumpster fire program and overpaid coach who can't coach offense so they bring in another retread with more baggage than Samsonite to resurrect  their offense ......

I don't think much of David Hicks (in terms of 5 star talent), difference is I don't feel the need to throw that in the face of the opposition every chance I get.

Aggy is weird. Couldn't be me.

1 hour ago, Red90fly said:

This guy is good.  Showed out in the last two playoffs.  Was injured early this past season.

Huge pickup for the Horns. Mitchell was Georgia's WR1 before injury and there was chatter about him being amongst the best in the nation.

I gave Worthy a small benefit of the doubt before this move, but now I could care less what happens to him.

Mitchell (6'4) and Neyor (6'3) on the outside....Whittington back in the slot. And as soon as defenses start rolling coverages at them, here comes Sanders to pick you apart in the middle of the field.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, ANTI said:

Huge pickup for the Horns. Mitchell was Georgia's WR1 before injury and there was chatter about him being amongst the best in the nation.

I gave Worthy a small benefit of the doubt before this move, but now I could care less what happens to him.

Mitchell (6'4) and Neyor (6'3) on the outside....Whittington back in the slot. And as soon as defenses start rolling coverages at them, here comes Sanders to pick you apart in the middle of the field.

Worthy hits the spring portal window.

1 hour ago, JustAFan11 said:

I think if the oline can take the next step, Texas will go 4 wide more often either with 2 of the the following in the slot Sanders,  Whit, or Worthy.

That does require your RB to be solid in blitz pick up and Texas will be very young at that position this year. 

Every other position besides RB “should”improve next year. 

On 1/21/2023 at 11:50 AM, Red90fly said:

I don't think so.  He's got a good NIL deal and will play more I'm the slot now with a presence on the outside in Mitchell.

Worthy is still a top WR in college football.

I just think Worthy's hands are suspect +++ and if we can Whit to a place where he is can maintain health then I do think he could be that Duvernay type. I really just want us to get to that place where we have 4 - 5 very solid receiving weapons at one time...says every school lol. 

21 minutes ago, PelvisPresley said:

I just think Worthy's hands are suspect +++ and if we can Whit to a place where he is can maintain health then I do think he could be that Duvernay type. I really just want us to get to that place where we have 4 - 5 very solid receiving weapons at one time...says every school lol. 

I'm more worried about the RB situation than the receivers ... not sure there is anyone on board that can pick up where Bijan and Roschon left off ... got to be able to consistently run the ball to make the passing game work  ....

Edited by KirtFalcon
yo mama

• Mr. P locked this topic