🤘🏻 Texas Longhorns 2023 🤘🏻

Baron

4 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

I haven't really heard how the 2 teams will be decided, but I'd imagine it'll be the 2 best conference records. 

As for the divisions, I wonder if they're waiting until after Texas and OU leave the conference before doing anything with that. 

I get that. Probably smart once Texas and OU leave. 

It's just strange that this season, a team could play an easier schedule, win 1 more game than an opponent who played a MUCH tougher schedule, and they're sitting at home. I guess this season threw a wrench in things so they're doing what they have to do. Maybe they'll come up with a better system. Like winning percentage and opponent's winning percentage. 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

I think the secondary for the defense will be really good and even better if one of those young edge guys you mentioned can add another pass rusher to help Sorrell. 

Yeah Watts/Brooks/Holmes is a good trio at CB with maybe Muhammed as your #4?  Barron is one of the best NB in the country and if Catalon is healthy all year then yeah, you have to like the potential of this secondary.

I think Burke and Tapp can provide a pass rush and believe the staff is thinking this as well since Ovie may have been encouraged to look around.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

It's just strange that this season, a team could play an easier schedule, win 1 more game than an opponent who played a MUCH tougher schedule, and they're sitting at home. I guess this season threw a wrench in things so they're doing what they have to do. Maybe they'll come up with a better system. Like winning percentage and opponent's winning percentage. 

I am hoping precisely this happens in OU or UT's favor. I'd tolerate a 'Horn conference title if it somehow screws over the  conference. 

• Like 1

On 2/8/2023 at 2:56 PM, JohnnyFootball said:

So wait. Is there no north and south?

They're gonna have the best 2 records play for the title and they don't all play the same teams/schedule? 

While I sense your sarcasm, I personally liked the 10 team conference. But money talks.

On 2/8/2023 at 11:53 AM, JustAFan11 said:

There is a lot of hype for Texas right now. There is always hype but seems like more are expecting Texas to win the Big12 and contend for a playoff spot. 

There is no reason why this team shouldn't end up in the CCG. The talent is there and the scheme. Sark just needs to remember his own mantra in the second half, All Gas No Brakes.

• Like 1

On 2/8/2023 at 3:15 PM, JohnnyFootball said:

I get that. Probably smart once Texas and OU leave. 

If you have an IT membership or maybe just an On3 you can go to this link to hear what Sankey had to say:

https://www.on3.com/news/greg-sankey-details-sec-scheduling-division-models-with-addition-of-texas-oklahoma/

For those of you who don't I'll try to paraphrase.

The single division model seems to be the choice.

Rotating teams more quickly through the schedule so 12 years don't elapse before a home and home is completed.

Using a 1+7 or 3+6 model.

Balance and fairness of the scheduling considering a single division while trying to preserve as many traditional rivalries.

The goal is to make these decisions as soon as possible before the Destin meetings.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/25/2023 at 6:22 PM, Sportsfanatic1 said:

From what I'm reading his brother has been recruited over at UT and the lure of Bama is strong. Regardless there are bigger fish to fry at CB in Texas.

Texas Longhorns Schedule 2023

Regular Season
DATE OPPONENT TIME TV TICKETS
Sat, 9/2
vsRICERICE
TBD    
Sat, 9/9
@ALAALA
TBD    
Sat, 9/16
vsWYOWYO
TBD    
Sat, 9/23
@BAYBAY
TBD    
Sat, 9/30
vsKUKU
TBD    
Sat, 10/7
vsOUOU *
TBD    
Sat, 10/21
@HOUHOU
TBD    
Sat, 10/28
vsBYUBYU
TBD    
Sat, 11/4
vsKSUKSU
TBD    
Sat, 11/11
@TCUTCU
TBD    
Sat, 11/18
@ISUISU
TBD    
Fri, 11/24
vsTTUTTU
TBD    

• 2 weeks later...

The guys over at Inside Texas seem to be really stoked about what they are seeing during the media windows. It has been a while since that occurred. According to them, Edge is the only question mark on the team.

5 minutes ago, Baron said:

The guys over at Inside Texas seem to be really stoked about what they are seeing during the media windows. It has been a while since that occurred. According to them, Edge is the only question mark on the team.

I think Ethan Butke and J'Mond Tapp will be two breakout players this year with the pass rush.

I think the potential is definitely there for this Texas team. There are more questions on defense with Edge and WLB being the biggest. 
The offense just has to make sure the Qb and Wr are on the same page. No one will replace Bijan but I think Brooks will give Texas plenty and from reports the offense will spread it out more and let Quinn throw it around. Excited to hear how the spring goes for the passing game. 

• Like 1

On 3/11/2023 at 1:10 PM, Red90fly said:

I think Ethan Butke and J'Mond Tapp will be two breakout players this year with the pass rush.

I think Burke is still a situational player this season. Tapp has the potential to break out. Sorrell stands in the way of one of them.

UT looked really good during parts of last night’s game against Colgate, but let them battle back to within 9 two separate times in the second half.

In March Madness, a win is a win and you advance.

Texas could’ve won that game by 40 had they not committed multiple turnovers in two or three possessions in succession.

That’s ok, because you look at the clock with 2:30 remaining and UT was up by 20 again. 

We’ll see if this is the year UT can win its first basketball national championship!

🤘🏻

P.S.

Cowboys, please trade up and draft Bijan!!!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

UT looked really good during parts of last night’s game against Colgate, but let them battle back to within 9 two separate times in the second half.

In March Madness, a win is a win and you advance.

Texas could’ve won that game by 40 had they not committed multiple turnovers in two or three possessions in succession.

That’s ok, because you look at the clock with 2:30 remaining and UT was up by 20 again. 

We’ll see if this is the year UT can win its first basketball national championship!

🤘🏻

P.S.

Cowboys, please trade up and draft Bijan!!!

At times our PG play was suspect and Colgate would narrow the gap, but Texas always pulled away to create that gap again. If Carr cleans up his lackadaisical passing this team is much better.

• Like 1

• Mr. P locked this topic