🀘🏻 Texas Longhorns 2023 🀘🏻

Baron

Texas has an opportunity to go out big this year. Anything less than a Big 12 Championship is a disappointment imo. I can’t really see anyone that is that much better. @ Alabama will be tough but they have question marks especially at QB.

Edited by Mojo1000

4 hours ago, Mojo1000 said:

Texas has an opportunity to go out big this year. Anything less than a Big 12 Championship is a disappointment imo. I can’t really see anyone that is that much better. @ Alabama will be tough but they have question marks especially at QB.

Bama has no bearing on a Big12 championship

On 3/26/2023 at 7:08 PM, Mojo1000 said:

Absolutely. Texas should be favored in every game with the exception of Alabama. Question marks are with Ou and Tcu.

The floor should be a Big 12 championship, but we have all seen how things work out for teams that are picked to make an step forward into the CFP. Injuries and fluke calls/plays seem to derail all but a few.

1 hour ago, Baron said:

The floor should be a Big 12 championship, but we have all seen how things work out for teams that are picked to make an step forward into the CFP. Injuries and fluke calls/plays seem to derail all but a few.

If Sark can't make or win the Big 12 Championship Game/NY6 Bowl/close to playoffs, then I don't know if he will.Β  This is the best roster since 08/09.

Sark's track record with QB's should mean Quinn takes a huge leap.Β  The WR room is potentially one of the top groups in the country and Sanders is a top 3 TE in college football.Β  The OL returns all 5 starters and a couple of them may be replaced due to the talent brought in in the 22' class.Β  The only ? is the RB room.Β  I thinks Brooks can be solid and Texas has the #1 RB from the last class already on campus.

On defense, this is year 3 in Kwiatkowski's defense.Β  The secondary is experienced, talented, and pretty deep (I do wish the backend had a little more speed).Β  You have an AA at LB and another guy who got more time as the season progressed in Blackwell.Β  You also have 2 talented Freshmen EE's who are being talked about.Β  Interior DL should be stout and you have some good depth.Β  Only thing lacking is a big time pass rusher.Β  Maybe someone like Burke or Tapp emerges.

Having said all that, I'm fully prepared to be disappointed.

• Like 2

On 3/28/2023 at 7:28 PM, Red90fly said:

If Sark can't make or win the Big 12 Championship Game/NY6 Bowl/close to playoffs, then I don't know if he will.Β  This is the best roster since 08/09.

Sark's track record with QB's should mean Quinn takes a huge leap.Β  The WR room is potentially one of the top groups in the country and Sanders is a top 3 TE in college football.Β  The OL returns all 5 starters and a couple of them may be replaced due to the talent brought in in the 22' class.Β  The only ? is the RB room.Β  I thinks Brooks can be solid and Texas has the #1 RB from the last class already on campus.

On defense, this is year 3 in Kwiatkowski's defense.Β  The secondary is experienced, talented, and pretty deep (I do wish the backend had a little more speed).Β  You have an AA at LB and another guy who got more time as the season progressed in Blackwell.Β  You also have 2 talented Freshmen EE's who are being talked about.Β  Interior DL should be stout and you have some good depth.Β  Only thing lacking is a big time pass rusher.Β  Maybe someone like Burke or Tapp emerges.

Having said all that, I'm fully prepared to be disappointed.

The defense should take a step forward even after losing 5 starters. Barron, Murphy, Sweat, Sorrell & Gavin/Brooks/Muhammad are all quality players.

• 2 weeks later...

I applaud Sark's take on this. I wish this was the rule and not the exception:Β https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/sark-shuts-down-potential-return-of-transfers-we-re-not-playing-that-game/ar-AA19NeFo

"The moment you go in the transfer portal at the University of Texas, you're no longer coming back," Sarkisian said. "Kids go and test the waters and try to come back, we're not playing that game. If you want to go in the portal, go in the portal, and good luck to you."

Either you're in or you're out.
If you're in, you're ALL in.
If you're out, you're gone. Period.Β 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Mr. P said:

I applaud Sark's take on this. I wish this was the rule and not the exception:Β https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/sark-shuts-down-potential-return-of-transfers-we-re-not-playing-that-game/ar-AA19NeFo

Didn’t Jaydon Blue make a run at the portal or did he never officially enter his name?

4 minutes ago, topher805 said:

Didn’t Jaydon Blue make a run at the portal or did he never officially enter his name?

There were rumors that he would, but he never did. He actually went on social media saying it was false.Β 

2 hours ago, Mr. P said:

That is easy to say until its a player that you need.

On 4/12/2023 at 2:41 PM, Red90fly said:

Skipped spring ball to focus on track.

Β 

Brennan Thompson was getting buried on the depth chart. AD Mitchell, Johntay Cook and DeAndre Moore all joined the team this year and have surpassed him. He probably shouldn't have run track this spring if he wanted a viable chance at WR.

4 hours ago, VerumDixit said:

And if he wanted to return they would have been foolish to say no.Β 

Some teams want men of character. Men of character don't look for greener pastures and then change their minds and backtrack, they own what they do.

The transfer WR from Georgia looks good.

Baxter is going to be a good one at RB.

Sydir Mitchell is a large human at DT and will play this year a good bit IMO.

Anthony Hill has put a lot of pressure on the QB's.

Edited by Red90fly

9 hours ago, VerumDixit said:

That is pretty much what your starting QB did, but whatever.

I knew as soon as I posted that you would use it and you're right.Β  I'm surprised you didn't throw in a Horns down for good measure.

Only desperate coaches take back portals. Just off the top of my head most coaches seem to let them find there way elsewhere.Β 

man, I've been trying to figure out when they will post the Orange-White Spring game to watch "on demand" on ESPN?!?! It posts constantly that it's doing a re-air at this time and that on LHN and it's never on...umpired all weekend and missed it.

Edited by PelvisPresley

• Mr. P locked this topic