🤘🏻 Texas Longhorns 2023 🤘🏻

Baron

Not gonna lie: for the first time ever, I want UT to win every other conference game this season. I want them to run the Big XII gamut by a decisive score and for the conference championship game to be between an undefeated UT and an undefeated OU. 

That would be...   so choice

• Love 1

23 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

Not gonna lie: for the first time ever, I want UT to win every other conference game this season. I want them to run the Big XII gamut by a decisive score and for the conference championship game to be between an undefeated UT and an undefeated OU. 

I am good with that except I think it would be hilarious if they lost the road game @ Houston.

• LOL! 1

43 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

I am good with that except I think it would be hilarious if they lost the road game @ Houston.

Whoa...  UH is Big XII now? Daaaang, goes to show you just how over them I am. I don't even know who the new teams are.  

2 hours ago, Mr. P said:

Well they play each other during the season, so it’s impossible for them to both be undefeated in a conference championship bout. Lol

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

33 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

Well they play each other during the season, so it’s impossible for them to both be undefeated in a conference championship bout. Lol

Nope, that's an SEC game, chief.  ;) 

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/3/2023 at 7:24 PM, DB2point0 said:

I’m a Texas fan and this is laughable.  Two more years of high school football  left.  So much can happen

It’s on par for most elite QBs. Doesn’t mean he couldn’t decommit and go somewhere else eventually. The majority of elite QBs will secure their spot very early. 

46 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

It’s on par for most elite QBs. Doesn’t mean he couldn’t decommit and go somewhere else eventually. The majority of elite QBs will secure their spot very early. 

Which is why it’s laughable.  In two years he may not be the elite of the class.  A lot can change.  

1 hour ago, JustAFan11 said:

It's also why I'm not getting too hyped or bummed about certain recruits that I want to play at my alma mater (cough cough, Taylor Tatum, cough cough).

Just because they sign at one school doesn't mean they might not portal out to my school. 

The milestone of the "big name commitment" is becoming smaller and smaller. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Valhalla said:

Elite Quarterback commitments tend to stick.

Until they don’t grow anymore, lose weight, can’t make the throws the better prospect can and he gets overrecruited.  Lots can happen in two years.  Three kids can pass him in talent and measurables.  🤷🏼‍♂️

5 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

Until they don’t grow anymore, lose weight, can’t make the throws the better prospect can and he gets overrecruited.  Lots can happen in two years.  Three kids can pass him in talent and measurables.  🤷🏼‍♂️

Why so negative? He’s just as likely to grow into the #1 overall recruit as he is to regress, so why the constant negativity?

6 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

Don't think other kids across the SEC recruiting footprint won't notice.

8 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

He's already over 6'. I'll grant you he's light in the britches, but have you seen his arm talent? First play of his hudl highlights he throws a 60+ yard strike. Quick release using different arm angles. Moves in the pocket well and doesn't hurt his touch or velocity. This kid has all the tools. Will he stay committed? Who knows, but this can't hurt UT right now.

On 5/3/2023 at 9:29 AM, Mr. P said:

Awkward Trophy presentation for the Big 12 . Honestly I believe that a good chance of happening. Texas on paper could be the best team and Oklahoma most improved. 

5 hours ago, Lobo97 said:

Why so negative? He’s just as likely to grow into the #1 overall recruit as he is to regress, so why the constant negativity?

Let him play his junior year before you call him elite.  That’s all.  He may grow as well, and develop more.  That’s all I’m saying.  2 years from signing is a long time and a lot can happen. Just as likely to grow into the #1 recruit?? Lol.  Odds on that?  

Edited by DB2point0

2 hours ago, Baron said:

He's already over 6'. I'll grant you he's light in the britches, but have you seen his arm talent? First play of his hudl highlights he throws a 60+ yard strike. Quick release using different arm angles. Moves in the pocket well and doesn't hurt his touch or velocity. This kid has all the tools. Will he stay committed? Who knows, but this can't hurt UT right now.

Can’t argue.  But in 2 years a lot can change.  How long was Jalen Milroe committed to Texas?  Wasn’t it a long time?

• Mr. P locked this topic