🤘🏻 Texas Longhorns 2023 🤘🏻

Baron

5 minutes ago, PelvisPresley said:

man, I've been trying to figure out when they will post the Orange-White Spring game to watch "on demand" on ESPN?!?! It posts constantly that it's doing a re-air at this time and that on LHN and it's never on...umpired all weekend and missed it.

You can watch it on YouTube 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

Both looked really good.  There’s no QB competition though. Ewers is the starter.  Murphy will start fall ‘24 I bet

All of the podcast I’ve listened to this week basically said the same thing… Arch looked like a kid barely capable of playing D1 football. Is that true? That the learning curve is obviously going to be steep but also that he showed a weak arm and very little natural feel for the position. Agreed with you Murphy is the next QB. 

Im not trying to bash Texas here just relaying talking points from national guys. 

13 minutes ago, WETSU said:

All of the podcast I’ve listened to this week basically said the same thing… Arch looked like a kid barely capable of playing D1 football. Is that true? That the learning curve is obviously going to be steep but also that he showed a weak arm and very little natural feel for the position. Agreed with you Murphy is the next QB. 

Im not trying to bash Texas here just relaying talking points from national guys. 

Murphy looked really good. He, without question, had the best deep ball. He made very good decisions with the ball, and every incomplete pass hit his receiver in the hands.

As for Arch, he looked like a true freshman QB that had never taken snaps at the collegiate level before. Crazy thing, however, he hasn't. The kids graduating class is still a month away from graduating. On top of it all, he was playing behind 2nd and 3rd string lineman, running for his life nearly every snap. 

The level of criticism being thrown his way already is absolutely ridiculous. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Arch looked like he has all the tools, but the scrimmage seemed fast for him.  He made some great throws, some not so great.  He pulled the ball down and ran when needed, but was called down really quickly.  He will be the real deal in time.  Small school ball to D1 prime time is a jump.  He looked like I felt he would’ve.

Murphy has a dang cannon.  Maybe too strong.  He definitely trusts it as well

7 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

As for Arch, he looked like a true freshman QB that had never taken snaps at the collegiate level before. Crazy thing, however, he hasn't. The kids graduating class is still a month away from graduating. On top of it all, he was playing behind 2nd and 3rd string lineman, running for his life nearly every snap. 

The level of criticism being thrown his way already is absolutely ridiculous. 

I agree with the former, but I would add a proviso to the latter...

The criticism should not be directed toward Manning who is, after all, only playing like what he is: an inexperienced college freshman. By all rights he should still be trying to find his footing.  

But there should be all manner of criticism heaped upon the media bloodsuckers, hype merchants, and retarded fanboys who were quick to frame this as any manner of "competition." The only competition is coming from Maalik, who looks dang good for a backup. 

(I say all this as a Sooner who's steadily telling my peers to cool it with the Jackson Arnold hype. He ain't QB1, he ain't even QB2 yet!)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mr. P said:

I agree with the former, but I would add a proviso to the latter...

The criticism should not be directed toward Manning who is, after all, only playing like what he is: an inexperienced college freshman. By all rights he should still be trying to find his footing.  

But there should be all manner of criticism heaped upon the media bloodsuckers, hype merchants, and retarded fanboys who were quick to frame this as any manner of "competition." The only competition is coming from Maalik, who looks dang good for a backup. 

(I say all this as a Sooner who's steadily telling my peers to cool it with the Jackson Arnold hype. He ain't QB1, he ain't even QB2 yet!)

Oh I agree completely. I never expected Arch to come in and compete for the starting job right away. What I did expect, is a battle between he and Murphy for #2. What I saw, however, was a battle between Ewers and Murphy for #1. 

Murphy impressed the heck out of me last Saturday. Given some gameday experience, and time to get comfortable, and that kid is going to make a very good starter...for someone. (I fear he transfers)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WETSU said:

I think it’s just simply the hype was a little high. Being ranked among the best QBs ever you just have so much to live up to. 

His name could've had a lot to do with his ranking, no doubt. My argument isn't about his ranking, however, but only his performance in the spring game. Whether he goes on to be another great Manning, or a bust, my only argument today, is last Saturday was too early to make any judgement. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

His name could've had a lot to do with his ranking, no doubt. My argument isn't about his ranking, however, but only his performance in the spring game. Whether he goes on to be another great Manning, or a bust, my only argument today, is last Saturday was too early to make any judgement. 

Completely agree there. Honestly I don’t think we can even begin the discussions on him until at least year 3. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

Murphy impressed the heck out of me last Saturday. Given some gameday experience, and time to get comfortable, and that kid is going to make a very good starter...for someone. (I fear he transfers)

So you're saying he's gonna win a Heisman at USC.  :woot:

• LOL! 1

Ewers was the most polished of the three QBs .... Murphy looked really good and could start for most teams .... Manning made some good strong throws but was under probably more pressure than the other two .... he will develop into a solid DI QB but he isn't there yet .... I hope they all stay put with UT .... who knows what lies ahead with injuries, etc. ....

On 4/19/2023 at 11:33 AM, Lobo97 said:

Arch was the best thing to happen for Texas haters.

From Day uno, the Manning's made it clear that he was not playing in year one. When he committed to Texas, Sark made it clear that there was a plan in place that would keep both Ewers and Arch happy. Pretty much saying that Arch would sit year one regardless. Now I dont know if that plan foresaw Murphy becoming the stud that he is....but bottom line is it was always made very clear of what Arch would be doing in year one.

Also, I honestly have not seen a single Longhorn fan come out and say that they expected him to come and be Peyton Manning in year one. Heck, it's not even year one. He should still be in HS. Furthermore, how many QBs have been ready Day 1.....and why are we expecting Arch to be?

Yet haters are really out here criticism him for not coming out and tossing 5 TDs and 400 yards. They should blame themselves for the disappointment. We knew all along that he was sitting year one because it was said a thousand times. But idiots continued making up their own narratives. Bless their hearts.

On the flip side, Murphy looked great. Would love to keep him in a Longhorn uniform but I bet the portal is about to get a good one. I know Bama could use him right now after that monstrosity I witnessed earlier.

Ewers is about to kill it this year.

• Like 1

On 4/29/2023 at 1:34 PM, JustAFan11 said:

I think this is a sneaky good pick for Dan Quinn’s defense. 

He still needs a year to develop. He should be a special team stalwart in the mean time.

On 4/29/2023 at 1:34 PM, JustAFan11 said:

I think this is a sneaky good pick for Dan Quinn’s defense. 

Really excited about this despite being a horn. In all seriousness his ceiling is very high. Like db & baron said some development can do wonders.

• Mr. P locked this topic