🔮 TRANSFER PORTAL 🔮

Red90fly

15 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

I don't like that either.  Are all of Deion's players going to leave Jackson State for Colorado except the safety ?  He's already named his son the starting quarterback, and there's no competition ?  I hope he fails miserably all because of that.  I know Jackson State has had some talented players in the past Walter Payton, Robert Brazile, Jackie Slater, Wilbert Montgomery, and Jimmy Smith, but that could really hurt Jackson State in the future.  I wonder if they can sue Deion for that.  

wonder if travis hunter will follow him again or if he transfers to a bigger program now like Ga/ Alabama

OKLAHOMA PORTAL OUTBOUND

11/29: DB Jordan Mukes

11/30: WR Theo Wease, DB Joshua Eaton

12/2: DB Kendall Dennis, DL Alton Tarber

12/3: QB Nick Evers, DB Bryson Washington

12/4: OL Brey Walker

12/5: WR Brian Darby, WR Trevon West, DL Cedric Roberts, EDGE Clayton Smith

Previously left team: EDGE Kevonte Henry, LB Joseph Wete

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

I read yesterday that over 500 athletes entered the portal yesterday 

i get some of them that had a lot of offers out of high school and went to power 5 schools that are transferring. some that ive seen that are group of 5 guys that werent playing so  i see why 40% from last year weren't signed to new schools. i also wonder how much is someone telling them they should transfer for whatever reason and how much of it is the current coach telling them to transfer.

23 minutes ago, txk85 said:

i get some of them that had a lot of offers out of high school and went to power 5 schools that are transferring. some that ive seen that are group of 5 guys that werent playing so  i see why 40% from last year weren't signed to new schools. i also wonder how much is someone telling them they should transfer for whatever reason and how much of it is the current coach telling them to transfer.

Like most d1 athletes, they were starters and studs in high school.  Thought they would get more playing time, since they aren’t getting it, they want to take their talents somewhere that they can play.

They don’t know how to work for playing time.  

4 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

Like most d1 athletes, they were starters and studs in high school.  Thought they would get more playing time, since they aren’t getting it, they want to take their talents somewhere that they can play.

I get this.  But, there are some that are starters at their present school but are looking to transfer elsewhere.  Example, Sanders, the QB at Oklahoma State.  Some of these I do not understand unless they believe that they can get more NIL money somewhere else.

And, like some on here like to argue, it takes time for some of these pieces to play together before it all begins to gel as a unit.

Edited by Hookemhorns88

16 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

Plenty of playing time for them at SFA.......come on down......🤣😂

I am reading that some teams may have to cancel their bowl games if they continue to lose players to the portal.

I can believe that the NIL is controlling the portal--it's poor planning by the NCAA when they allowed it, without restrictions. If I was giving a NIL contract to a student athlete--they would have to graduate from the university before they got their money.....with an undergraduate degree in something other than underwater basket weaving. But that is just me, I don't have money to throw around to athletes and have them run off after a year. 

I'd really like to see what some of these NIL contracts look like.....But that is just me. 

8 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

I am reading that some teams may have to cancel their bowl games if they continue to lose players to the portal.

I can believe that the NIL is controlling the portal--it's poor planning by the NCAA when they allowed it, without restrictions. If I was giving a NIL contract to a student athlete--they would have to graduate from the university before they got their money.....with an undergraduate degree in something other than underwater basket weaving. But that is just me, I don't have money to throw around to athletes and have them run off after a year. 

I'd really like to see what some of these NIL contracts look like.....But that is just me. 

I would suspect that there is some type of contract that exists however, it seems at this point, that they may be loosely worded or not enforceable.  I would also hazard to guess that moving forward that the money people will become more savvy and put more strict provisions and or conditions in the contracts to restrict the mercenary traits of the current system.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, txk85 said:

I think it is players not happy with playing time and coaches being honest with players about how they play into their future plans. The sad thing is many of the players cling to the hope they will be one of the 1% playing in the NFL and throw away a free college education. Likewise, the pressure on coaches causes them to “cut the dead weight”.  Power 5 football should  do away with current NIL format and have each NFL team contribute $Xs to the NCAA for payment to the players based on a formula. 

43 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

Some people are concerned that adding more than 4 teams to the CFP is a horrible idea. Meanwhile, it's the NIL and transfer portal that's ruining college football. 

I like grad transfer not having to sit a year. But there needs to be something for the other transfers, there needs to be some stipulation besides them not liking their playing time or just leaving for the highest bidder. Maybe require them to have a certain GPA or credit hours completed, heck even community service or something.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hookemhorns88 said:

I get this.  But, there are some that are starters at their present school but are looking to transfer elsewhere.  Example, Sanders, the QB at Oklahoma State.  Some of these I do not understand unless they believe that they can get more NIL money somewhere else.

And, like some on here like to argue, it takes time for some of these pieces to play together before it all begins to gel as a unit.

I look forward to seeing how EA Sports incorporates the transfer portal and NIL into the new ncaa game

• Like 1
  • LOL! 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/30/2022 at 11:36 AM, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Boom. He brings up some vital issues to the health of the sport. 

At some point you can't just keep recruiting other school's stars. You gotta develop your own. 

Right now it's all Wild West. Tampering and NIL pay-for-play is rampant. But I still feel like the programs that find a way to "do it right" (i.e. create a winning culture built on discipline and leadership) will eventually correct it back to the mean. The current model is unsustainable. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Valhalla said:

While I think he is a good quarterback, What are the "big" games that he has won....not thrown for 1000 yards in, but actually led the team to victory.....I watched the Clemson game.....good, but couldn't bring home the gold.

2 hours ago, DannyZuco said:

While I think he is a good quarterback, What are the "big" games that he has won....not thrown for 1000 yards in, but actually led the team to victory.....I watched the Clemson game.....good, but couldn't bring home the gold.

Wake Forest should not even compete with Clemson.

Edited by Valhalla