Jump to content

🔮 TRANSFER PORTAL 2023


Stoney
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 11/28/2022 at 11:56 AM, Stoney said:

Texas A&M Transfer Portal list:

DE Elijah Jeudy 

DE Donnell Harris

LB Ish Harris ‘22 4*

RB LJ Johnson

K Caden Davis

WR Chase Lane

DE Tunmise Adeleye

Texas A&M Returning List

DT McKinley Jackson

Marcus Burris,  the second from Texarkana ive seen announce today.

Edited by txk85
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Transfer Portal

QB Haynes King (grad transfer, entered 12/2)

QB Eli Stowers (entered 12/5)

RB LJ Johnson (announced plans 11/27, entered 12/5)

WR Chase Lane (grad transfer, entered 11/29)

TE Blake Smith (announced plans 12/1, entered 12/5)

OT PJ Williams (announced plans 12/2, entered 12/5)

DE Elijah Jeudy (announced plans 11/26, entered 12/5)

DE Donell Harris (Had been medically retired, announced plans 11/21, entered 12/5)

DE Tunmise Adeleye (announced plans 12/1, entered 12/5)

DE Marcus Burris (announced plans 12/5)

LB Ish Harris (announced plans 11/27)

CB Brian George (grad transfer, entered 12/1)

CB Denver Harris (announced plans 12/2)

CB Myles Jones (entered 12/5)

CB Josh Moten (entered 12/5)

K Caden Davis (grad transfer, entered 11/28)

NFL Draft

CB Jaylon Jones (announced 12/4)

Reaffirmed plans to stay

OL Kam Dewberry (11/29)

DT McKinnley Jackson (11/28)

DL Gabriel Brownlow-Dindy (12/1)

DL Walter Nolen (12/1)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Transfer Portal

QB Haynes King (grad transfer, entered 12/2)

QB Eli Stowers (entered 12/5)

RB LJ Johnson (announced plans 11/27, entered 12/5)

WR Chase Lane (grad transfer, entered 11/29)

TE Blake Smith (announced plans 12/1, entered 12/5)

OT PJ Williams (announced plans 12/2, entered 12/5)

DE Elijah Jeudy (announced plans 11/26, entered 12/5)

DE Donell Harris (Had been medically retired, announced plans 11/21, entered 12/5)

DE Tunmise Adeleye (announced plans 12/1, entered 12/5)

DE Marcus Burris (announced plans 12/5)

LB Ish Harris (announced plans 11/27)

CB Brian George (grad transfer, entered 12/1)

CB Denver Harris (announced plans 12/2)

CB Myles Jones (entered 12/5)

CB Josh Moten (entered 12/5)

K Caden Davis (grad transfer, entered 11/28)

NFL Draft

CB Jaylon Jones (announced 12/4)

Reaffirmed plans to stay

OL Kam Dewberry (11/29)

DT McKinnley Jackson (11/28)

DL Gabriel Brownlow-Dindy (12/1)

DL Walter Nolen (12/1)

If Achane leaves, that's going to be the aggy's biggest loss ... without him, aggys lose 2 - 3 more games this year, minimum ....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Lotta Colorado players in the portal......lol

I don't like that either.  Are all of Deion's players going to leave Jackson State for Colorado except the safety ?  He's already named his son the starting quarterback, and there's no competition ?  I hope he fails miserably all because of that.  I know Jackson State has had some talented players in the past Walter Payton, Robert Brazile, Jackie Slater, Wilbert Montgomery, and Jimmy Smith, but that could really hurt Jackson State in the future.  I wonder if they can sue Deion for that.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

I don't like that either.  Are all of Deion's players going to leave Jackson State for Colorado except the safety ?  He's already named his son the starting quarterback, and there's no competition ?  I hope he fails miserably all because of that.  I know Jackson State has had some talented players in the past Walter Payton, Robert Brazile, Jackie Slater, Wilbert Montgomery, and Jimmy Smith, but that could really hurt Jackson State in the future.  I wonder if they can sue Deion for that.  

wonder if travis hunter will follow him again or if he transfers to a bigger program now like Ga/ Alabama

Link to comment
Share on other sites

OKLAHOMA PORTAL OUTBOUND

11/29: DB Jordan Mukes

11/30: WR Theo Wease, DB Joshua Eaton

12/2: DB Kendall Dennis, DL Alton Tarber

12/3: QB Nick Evers, DB Bryson Washington

12/4: OL Brey Walker

12/5: WR Brian Darby, WR Trevon West, DL Cedric Roberts, EDGE Clayton Smith

Previously left team: EDGE Kevonte Henry, LB Joseph Wete

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

I read yesterday that over 500 athletes entered the portal yesterday 

i get some of them that had a lot of offers out of high school and went to power 5 schools that are transferring. some that ive seen that are group of 5 guys that werent playing so  i see why 40% from last year weren't signed to new schools. i also wonder how much is someone telling them they should transfer for whatever reason and how much of it is the current coach telling them to transfer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, txk85 said:

i get some of them that had a lot of offers out of high school and went to power 5 schools that are transferring. some that ive seen that are group of 5 guys that werent playing so  i see why 40% from last year weren't signed to new schools. i also wonder how much is someone telling them they should transfer for whatever reason and how much of it is the current coach telling them to transfer.

Like most d1 athletes, they were starters and studs in high school.  Thought they would get more playing time, since they aren’t getting it, they want to take their talents somewhere that they can play.

They don’t know how to work for playing time.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

Like most d1 athletes, they were starters and studs in high school.  Thought they would get more playing time, since they aren’t getting it, they want to take their talents somewhere that they can play.

They don’t know how to work for playing time.  

I get this.  But, there are some that are starters at their present school but are looking to transfer elsewhere.  Example, Sanders, the QB at Oklahoma State.  Some of these I do not understand unless they believe that they can get more NIL money somewhere else.

And, like some on here like to argue, it takes time for some of these pieces to play together before it all begins to gel as a unit.

Edited by Hookemhorns88
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

Like most d1 athletes, they were starters and studs in high school.  Thought they would get more playing time, since they aren’t getting it, they want to take their talents somewhere that they can play.

They don’t know how to work for playing time.  

Plenty of playing time for them at SFA.......come on down......🤣😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am reading that some teams may have to cancel their bowl games if they continue to lose players to the portal.

I can believe that the NIL is controlling the portal--it's poor planning by the NCAA when they allowed it, without restrictions. If I was giving a NIL contract to a student athlete--they would have to graduate from the university before they got their money.....with an undergraduate degree in something other than underwater basket weaving. But that is just me, I don't have money to throw around to athletes and have them run off after a year. 

I'd really like to see what some of these NIL contracts look like.....But that is just me. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

I am reading that some teams may have to cancel their bowl games if they continue to lose players to the portal.

I can believe that the NIL is controlling the portal--it's poor planning by the NCAA when they allowed it, without restrictions. If I was giving a NIL contract to a student athlete--they would have to graduate from the university before they got their money.....with an undergraduate degree in something other than underwater basket weaving. But that is just me, I don't have money to throw around to athletes and have them run off after a year. 

I'd really like to see what some of these NIL contracts look like.....But that is just me. 

I would suspect that there is some type of contract that exists however, it seems at this point, that they may be loosely worded or not enforceable.  I would also hazard to guess that moving forward that the money people will become more savvy and put more strict provisions and or conditions in the contracts to restrict the mercenary traits of the current system.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share




×
×
  • Create New...