🏆 NCAA PLAYOFFS 2023 🏆

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

This shows how much a committee is infatuated with Alabama--One of the 2 teams that beat them--with the same record is ranked behind them. Until there is a REAL playoff system....College football is nothing more than a beauty pageant for Ms. Alabama......

There’s no real playoff system possible. Conferences aren’t equal. Until there is either a limit on spending and a draft as option A or a classification system to separate the bamas from the UNTs as option B  any notion of a “real” playoff is just ridiculous. 

the nfl works because every team has the same salary cap and a draft order. HS football works because there is a classification system that puts schools on relatively equal playing fields based off enrollment. Both options are impossible for D1 college football. The sooner people give up this dream of a “real playoff” the sooner we can come up with a system that is reasonable. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

19 hours ago, WETSU said:

These are the right 4 teams and the correct seeding as well. Like mentioned above, I think Tennessee would have been in had they not lost to South Carolina. 

without Hendon Hooker, I had no interest in seeing Tennessee 2.0 backing in...now with him healthy, I'd have enjoyed seeing their firepower. 

14 hours ago, DannyZuco said:

This shows how much a committee is infatuated with Alabama--One of the 2 teams that beat them--with the same record is ranked behind them. Until there is a REAL playoff system....College football is nothing more than a beauty pageant for Ms. Alabama......

I would love to see Utah play Alabama .... 

14 hours ago, WETSU said:

There’s no real playoff system possible. Conferences aren’t equal. Until there is either a limit on spending and a draft as option A or a classification system to separate the bamas from the UNTs as option B  any notion of a “real” playoff is just ridiculous. 

the nfl works because every team has the same salary cap and a draft order. HS football works because there is a classification system that puts schools on relatively equal playing fields based off enrollment. Both options are impossible for D1 college football. The sooner people give up this dream of a “real playoff” the sooner we can come up with a system that is reasonable. 

As long as we have an invitational tournament with the arrogantly flawed Nick Saban mentality that Alabama and the SEC are better "just because we think so" attitude and "we deserve a first round bye" attitude, we won't have a real playoff .... 

Edited by KirtFalcon
yo mama
  • Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

As long as we have an invitational tournament with the arrogantly flawed Nick Saban mentality that Alabama and the SEC are better "just because we think so" attitude and "we deserve a first round bye" attitude, we won't have a real playoff .... 

I’m not arguing that. I’m just saying that a “real” playoff the way you guys want is not real either. Things will never be “fair” in college football. It will always be the haves and the have nots and until there’s limits on that there’s no way to make anything “real” about this. 

10 minutes ago, WETSU said:

I’m not arguing that. I’m just saying that a “real” playoff the way you guys want is not real either. Things will never be “fair” in college football. It will always be the haves and the have nots and until there’s limits on that there’s no way to make anything “real” about this. 

Fair does not equal real.....fair only exists in Heaven........fair is a snowflakes dream......nothing fair will ever happen on earth.......now real is much different....real playoffs can exist if people stop selling themselves like whores and get it done.......

40 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Nothing's ever perfect, but the 16 team playoff people are proposing is a helluva lot closer than what we have now, or the 12 team playoff with byes for the Alabama types is a lot closer to a real playoff  ...

49 minutes ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Fair does not equal real.....fair only exists in Heaven........fair is a snowflakes dream......nothing fair will ever happen on earth.......now real is much different....real playoffs can exist if people stop selling themselves like whores and get it done.......

What if the NCAA throws you the middle finger and completely eliminates conferences?  What does a real playoff look like then?  :p  

20 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Nothing's ever perfect, but the 16 team playoff people are proposing is a helluva lot closer than what we have now, or the 12 team playoff with byes for the Alabama types is a lot closer to a real playoff  ...

You mean my playoff.  10 team playoff, P5 conference champs, top ranked G5 champ and 4 at-large.