๐Ÿบ Longview Lobos football 2023

Lion7000

On 12/19/2022 at 8:42 PM, gtee2 said:

Boy is there!!

How come the Lobo coaching staff does not develop QB in junior high. With the type athletes Longview has at every position. Just my opinion but they need to hire a coach that knows how to teach that position. With the speed that Lobos have every year. No reason not to have the QB throwing for 2 to 3 hundred yards and running for 150 to 200 yards a game. QB throwing at least 40 touch downs a year.ย 
A balanced attack will win more games than just running the ball. If you need to run to win, you run, if you need to pass, you pass. If you can do both well, Lobos will play for and win many championships. I am a Lobo fan and always pull for them.ย 

14 hours ago, AledoAlumni said:

Last 6 post

Aledo fan: talks about Timberview and Lake Ridge

LV fan #1:ย talks about Timberview

LV fan #2:ย talks about Timberviewย 

LV fan #3:ย talks about Guyer and Katyย 

LV fan #1:ย talks about Allen

Carthage fan #1: talks about Carthage

Go figure.ย 

Sorry couldnโ€™t resist, that Dawg 2019 O line was the best I have ever seen at the 4 A level. They totally dominated opposition D lines.ย 

12 minutes ago, AledoAlumni said:

Lmao I know its hard for Carthage fans not to insert their own team.ย ย 

Carthage is a very special place. It's rather remarkable that a town of only 6,000 people can provide so many active Smoaky posters and D-1 athletes.ย 

Yep, definitely a special place.ย 

52 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

How come the Lobo coaching staff does not develop QB in junior high. With the type athletes Longview has at every position. Just my opinion but they need to hire a coach that knows how to teach that position. With the speed that Lobos have every year. No reason not to have the QB throwing for 2 to 3 hundred yards and running for 150 to 200 yards a game. QB throwing at least 40 touch downs a year.ย 
A balanced attack will win more games than just running the ball. If you need to run to win, you run, if you need to pass, you pass. If you can do both well, Lobos will play for and win many championships. I am a Lobo fan and always pull for them.ย 

Dunno...

22 minutes ago, gtee2 said:

Insane

I think the '22 LV D-line would have worked those kids over. Literally run circles around them. I dont care how big the O-line is the LV D-line was one of the most impressive groups I've seen. Very stout against the run and pretty ridiculous pass rush.ย 

Edited by AledoAlumni
  • Like 2

On 1/18/2023 at 9:06 AM, AledoAlumni said:

I think the '22 LV D-line would have worked those kids over. Literally run circles around them. I dont care how big the O-line is the LV D-line was one of the most impressive groups I've seen. Very stout against the run and pretty ridiculous pass rush.ย 

'22 Lobo DL was spectacular. It was a better DL than even our 2018 team and that DL had two that are currently at Texas and Texas A&M.

When the all state team comes out, would not be shocked to see at least 3 from up front on the all state team in some way.

Glad we have 2/4 coming back...and those two (Billy Smith and Xaryus Sheppard) were probably the best two up front. Both have caught the attention of D1 schools, talent isn't a question. Of course, size will be the determining factor between offer and non offer.

ย 

• Like 1

On 1/18/2023 at 11:06 AM, AledoAlumni said:

I dunno...4a or not...Carthage football is a machine

2 hours ago, gtee2 said:

I dunno...4a or not...Carthage football is a machine

I absolutely agree. They are pound for pound elite. No doubt about that. I'm just saying in a hypothetical situation if the '19 Carthage 0-line went against the '22 LV D-line, that LVย  group would wear those other boys out.ย  ย 

20 hours ago, ANTI said:

'22 Lobo DL was spectacular. It was a better DL than even our 2018 team and that DL had two that are currently at Texas and Texas A&M.

When the all state team comes out, would not be shocked to see at least 3 from up front on the all state team in some way.

Glad we have 2/4 coming back...and those two (Billy Smith and Xaryus Sheppard) were probably the best two up front. Both have caught the attention of D1 schools, talent isn't a question. Of course, size will be the determining factor between offer and non offer.

ย 

It will be interesting to see how the all state team goes. Lots of really excellent football players in 5AD1.ย 

7 minutes ago, AledoAlumni said:

I absolutely agree. They are pound for pound elite. No doubt about that. I'm just saying in a hypothetical situation if the '19 Carthage 0-line went against the '22 LV D-line, that LVย  group would wear those other boys out.ย  ย 

I mean, the '19 LV DL would've feasted.

Well, if y'all have been following the Lobo thread on the 6A board, a lot has been discussed the last few days.

'24 4* RB Taylor Tatum (6'0 200) is up to 35 offers, Nebraska being the latest. Took recent visits to Michigan and Duke.ย 

Longview has two elite level linebackers in the '25 class, and the secret is now out on one of them. '25 LB Brenden Reese (6'1 215) recently got his first offer from Texas State. Pretty good amount of players on Longview's roster now with at least one D1 offer. Reese is even the 2nd Reese on the roster with a D1 offer...'24 WR/ATH DK Reese (6'3 175) has an offer from UTSA.

Texas State also extended an offer to '24 DB Willie Nelson (5'10 170), putting him in the double digit range.

Longview has also received a fairly nice '25 transfer that could effect QB1. Stay tuned.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Buckeyenation86 said:

How many returning starters do the lobos have coming back?

O = 7

D = 6

Host of others like Boosie Washington and Brenden Reese saw significant PT....plus a transfer that started last season as a sophomore at another program.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Host of others like Boosie Washington and Brenden Reese saw significant PT....plus a transfer that started last season as a sophomore at another program.

And according to Quick that means he deserves to play B-team JV level.ย  :woot:

• LOL! 1