🏈 Texans 2023 Preseason Thread 🏈

Kliff is headed to the TV booth---come'on, the guy has a contract through 27--why lose that money and coach, when you can sit on a TV set and give your opinion about every play in the NFL or College.......I would consider that, if I had that contract......

21 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

Kliff is headed to the TV booth---come'on, the guy has a contract through 27--why lose that money and coach, when you can sit on a TV set and give your opinion about every play in the NFL or College.......I would consider that, if I had that contract......

Excellent point . I wasn’t aware .

2 hours ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Well they got a lotta picks and a lotta space in the salary cap......wish they woulda gave Lovie another season but they fired him this morning.....I'm really hoping they can get former Texan DeMeco Ryans as the new HC....... 

I've always liked Lovie. I believe he's from Big Sandy Texas.

4 hours ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Well they got a lotta picks and a lotta space in the salary cap......wish they woulda gave Lovie another season but they fired him this morning.....I'm really hoping they can get former Texan DeMeco Ryans as the new HC....... 

I would liked to have seen them give Lovie more time.  Nobody AND I MEAN NOBODY can undo all of the wrong that "the Chin" did when he was here in this short amount of time!!!!!!!  

List is up to 5 NFL assistant coaches the Texans have requested to interview. Ryans is my favorite, but I wouldn't be disappointed with most of the guys on this list. 

Eagles DC - Jonathan Gannon
Eagles OC - Shane Steichen
Lions OC - Ben Johnson
Broncos DC - Ejiro Evero
49ers DC - DeMeco Ryans

• Thanks 1

I feel for the Texans and would hope they eventually could have some measure of success.  But if they keep doing what they doing, maybe they should move to San Antonio, and call thayselfs the Texians, and play in the Alamodome! Just sayin

Edited by Doomer
  • Roll Eyes 1

9 minutes ago, Doomer said:

I feel for the Texans and would hope they eventually could have some measure of success.  But if they keep doing what they doing, maybe they should move to San Antonio, and call thayselfs the Texicans, and play in the Alamodome! Just sayin

At least Fairbairn can kick.......:rofl:

• LOL! 1

On 1/10/2023 at 8:53 AM, topher805 said:

List is up to 5 NFL assistant coaches the Texans have requested to interview. Ryans is my favorite, but I wouldn't be disappointed with most of the guys on this list. 

Eagles DC - Jonathan Gannon
Eagles OC - Shane Steichen
Lions OC - Ben Johnson
Broncos DC - Ejiro Evero
49ers DC - DeMeco Ryans

Payton interviewing ......

• Wow 1

3 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

You used to pick the Fat Aggie every year too.  I can't believe he's still in the league much less kicking for the old Oilers. 

Yeah but with the offensive output of the Texans, Fairbairn is usually going to kick a LOT of long distance FGs ...... The Titans actually started scoring TDs.......lol

• RETIREDFAN1 changed the title to 🏈 Texans 2023 Preseason Thread 🏈