Wolfe City AD/HFC

OleCoachB

38 minutes ago, Stickstick said:

It doesn't look like they are in any hurry.

I know they are hiring a new sup as well, but I would think that if they tried to wait until they hired a new sup that it would be extremely late in the year to hire a quality AD. It would be close to summer time at that point

Overall numbers don't tell the whole story:

In 8 seasons at Wolfe City, he had a winning record his last five and was 49-40 overall (5-25 first three seasons, 24-13 last three, 11-1 his last season)

He had a 2-8 at Whitewright and then went 0-10 at Bonham, before going 4-6 and 5-5.

I'd be more concerned he hasn't been a head coach since 2011

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

6 minutes ago, OleCoachB said:

I heard yesterday from a coach on staff that they don't plan to make a hire until April. Really hope that isn't true just for the sake of the kids in that program

If that's true then they have a guy they want but he cant get out until then. That's crazy. The kids and program deserve better. April hire means besides maybe a coordinator two he can bring with ( if he can) the rest of the staff will most likely stay being a late hire. Hard to build a good staff at a small school late. Especially one that has struggled. 

28 minutes ago, Slickarick said:

If that's true then they have a guy they want but he cant get out until then. That's crazy. The kids and program deserve better. April hire means besides maybe a coordinator two he can bring with ( if he can) the rest of the staff will most likely stay being a late hire. Hard to build a good staff at a small school late. Especially one that has struggled. 

I don't know why situations like this are surprising to anyone. There are schools that are competitive every single year just like there are programs that are not competitive every year. It is not just about talent imho. It boils down to priorities and having a clear vision and plan for your academic and athletic programs. The districts that have these plans in place are successful. The districts that don't have this type of plan end up with a plan like this district. But, before everyone jumps to conclusions, maybe there is a clearly defined plan and the district is executing that plan behind the scenes. I try and be optimistic.😀 

21 minutes ago, BigWhoop said:

I don't know why situations like this are surprising to anyone. There are schools that are competitive every single year just like there are programs that are not competitive every year. It is not just about talent imho. It boils down to priorities and having a clear vision and plan for your academic and athletic programs. The districts that have these plans in place are successful. The districts that don't have this type of plan end up with a plan like this district. But, before everyone jumps to conclusions, maybe there is a clearly defined plan and the district is executing that plan behind the scenes. I try and be optimistic.😀 

I have no dog in this fight and am hours away from this place, but knowing some from the area, this could be a good competitive school given time and the right hire. He could be the right hire just may have to wait a another year with an offseason to see any significant improvement. Just stinks for the kids and community. 

13 minutes ago, Slickarick said:

I have no dog in this fight and am hours away from this place, but knowing some from the area, this could be a good competitive school given time and the right hire. He could be the right hire just may have to wait a another year with an offseason to see any significant improvement. Just stinks for the kids and community. 

I understood what you were saying and understand the thought behind everything you said. I was just giving the other side. The other consideration, the inside source may not have the facts/circumstances correct either. They may be keeping that person in the dark on purpose if you can read between the lines. But I'll stick to this. There are programs that are successful year in and year out and programs that are not. Wish this school and every other the very best. It's a diffficult business and getting more complicated and difficult by the day. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...