Wolfe City AD/HFC

OleCoachB

I will say it again, you would think with the little bit of success that they have had over the last few years they could have gotten a coach with a better resume. I don't know the man at all and I wish him luck at WC, just a little head scratching IMO

• Like 2

This is how you know you don’t know football.  People are talking about this guys record but doesn’t understand where he’s coming from. The school is very Houston ISD like and to have any type of success there is wild.  That place is losing a great coach and man. He will do nothing but great things up there. Good luck coach 

1 hour ago, SouthTxUnlmtd said:

This is how you know you don’t know football.  People are talking about this guys record but doesn’t understand where he’s coming from. The school is very Houston ISD like and to have any type of success there is wild.  That place is losing a great coach and man. He will do nothing but great things up there. Good luck coach 

Welcome to Smoaky Coach 🤣🤣

Edited by Stickstick
  • LOL! 4

On 2/11/2023 at 5:56 AM, SouthTxUnlmtd said:

I'm with Coach Smithey on this one. Your win-loss record isn't the only thing that determines how good of a coach you are. What if the 3 games he won this year were 3 games he shouldn't have won! Coach Smithey, don't let this phase you, you keep on truckin' big dog. Plus he was on twitter playing the ukulele, straight baller -  I see you Coach Smithey!!!!! 

• Like 1
  • LOL! 2

On 2/11/2023 at 5:56 AM, SouthTxUnlmtd said:

The coach before you coach smithey had a lot more success with 7-8 wins a year. Just sayin

Im probably gonna get hammered over this, but here goes.

Coaches are no longer a band of brothers, what has happened?  Someone gets a head coaching job and tries to move up, and they get hammered on how bad their old record was.  I understand the ribbing and giving a hard time (I've done it myself), but come on guys.  Our poor society is creeping into our profession.  Put your time in, be loyal and treat kids right.  Great things will come.

And no, Im not Coach Smithey.  I dont even know him, but he is a coaching brother.

OK, start throwing tomatoes'.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GNR said:

Im probably gonna get hammered over this, but here goes.

Coaches are no longer a band of brothers, what has happened?  Someone gets a head coaching job and tries to move up, and they get hammered on how bad their old record was.  I understand the ribbing and giving a hard time (I've done it myself), but come on guys.  Our poor society is creeping into our profession.  Put your time in, be loyal and treat kids right.  Great things will come.

And no, Im not Coach Smithey.  I dont even know him, but he is a coaching brother.

OK, start throwing tomatoes'.

There is a brotherhood and it still exists but there are a few that don't follow the code, you always have those. TXHSGOD I think he is talking to you lol pot kettle photo: 1sm071PotStir 1sm071potstir.gif kettle GIF

I was trying to make light of the situation. I don't get bitter when others advance or get certain jobs, there can only be one coach hired for these jobs. To be serious, if you are one of those that believe the coach is the reason games are won, you are giving your athletes zero credit. These game are won by the players. Not to say, that philosophy, schemes, and coaching doesn't matter because it certainly does. I've had seasons where we have went two or three rounds deep and I felt like we underachieved. And there have been times where we have won 4 games and I felt like we should have been the coaching staff of the year. No matter who is hired for what job, some people will like, some people will dislike. It's just the way it go! Congrats to Coach Smithey and good luck to them Wolfe City Wolves!

Smithey is a good guy and good Coach with ties to the area...West Oso is a REALLY tough job right now, long time basketball school, hoops coach is the AD, and the district has been bleeding kids out due to financial issues last two years..talk to most people in Corpus and they had a lot of respect for the job he did. It may or may not work out, but I do believe Smithey is a good Coach 

• Like 1