Ambidextrous QB transfers to Allen

JasperDawg

38 minutes ago, BlackShirtD said:

I have the same question the guy in the vid asked.   What is the advantage?

Rollouts/scrambles “should” be an advantage.  Broke finger(s) on one hand will not stop him from playing - same with a slightly hurting shoulder.  

On 1/13/2023 at 8:10 AM, DeKlabBeers said:

That's witchcraft!..... and illegal recruiting.

Illegal recruiting?  Wut?

Quote from Mikey Gow:

“My dad’s work headquarters are in the Dallas area,” Gow said. “We were looking at a couple of 5A and 6A schools, and honestly, I could’ve gone to any of them, but ultimately, I just wanted to go where the biggest [opportunity] was, and I feel like that’s what Allen has. We love the community, the stadium, and everything about them.”

• Confused 1

42 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

C'mon man, that's been happening for years, even in East Texas. 

Winning is always the best recruiter. 

True that has been happening for years... but the kids usually don't run their mouths that multiple schools recruited and basically "offered" him a spot

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, DeKlabBeers said:

True that has been happening for years... but the kids usually don't run their mouths that multiple schools recruited and basically "offered" him a spot

Indeed...  best to stick to the typical clichés like "family reasons," or "academic offerings." Wink-wink, nudge-nudge. 

• Thanks 1

On 1/23/2023 at 10:08 AM, Texas Red said:

Doyle Preston from Mt. Vernon. Grad about 91. Pitched with both hands. Drafted by Cincy MLB out of high school but played football at Arkansas. 

Threw 80+mph from both sides of the mound.   Starting punter at Arkansas.  Average 20+ a game in basketball.  Probably would have started at QB had he chosen Texas Tech or Oklahoma St.