Texas high school baseball top 10 for every division

lionpride08

On 1/20/2023 at 1:32 PM, Slickarick said:

Interesting top 10 in 2A.. not to have Garrison there is odd. State tournament two years in a row and only losing twice to 2A's in those years. 

Yes, they should be favored to win district again this year ... hard to go by early win/loss record ... Garrison plays a lot of higher classification non district games ... Dawgs will be contenders again this season ....

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 1/20/2023 at 1:32 PM, Slickarick said:

Interesting top 10 in 2A.. not to have Garrison there is odd. State tournament two years in a row and only losing twice to 2A's in those years. 

Garrison wins back to back district championships with the 3 - 1 win last night at Shebbyville  ...

• Like 2

On 4/22/2023 at 7:41 AM, KirtFalcon said:

Garrison wins back to back district championships with the 3 - 1 win last night at Shebbyville  ...

Yep two games up on Joaquin and Shelbyville with one game to go and Joaquin is ahead of them in the rankings? 🤪

Edited by Doomer
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, Doomer said:

Yep two games up on Joaquin and Shelbyville with one game to go and Joaquin is ahead of them in the rankings? 🤪

Garrison has played a much tougher schedule I'm told, though they did split the series with the sheep .... :woot:

Edited by KirtFalcon
yo mama
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Garrison has played a much tougher schedule I'm told, though they did split the series with the sheep .... :woot:

There is a good chance the G-dawgs gets to one up Rams or Dragons in Region III title game too. Just sayin there's a chance

Shelbyville beat Joaquin and Douglass and still isn't ranked in the top 20? 

We lost 3 district games by a total of 5 runs and they were all unearned runs. 

Don't count the Dragons out! We have a nice group of older players with the addition of 2 solid freshman and a sophomore. 

Edited by Gen7Dragon

2 hours ago, Gen7Dragon said:

Don't count the Dragons out! We have a nice group of older players with the addition of 2 solid freshman and a sophomore. 

They are good! 

4 hours ago, Gen7Dragon said:

Yep. Shelbyville is solid ballclub.

5 hours ago, SilkyJohnson said:

They are good! 

Joaquin coach told me that he felt Joaquin, Shelbyville and Garrison could easily wind up in a 3-way tie for first. This was after they played Garrison the first time. A lot of it depends on who each team is pitching and how good of a game that kid has. 

1 hour ago, trueblue82 said:

Joaquin coach told me that he felt Joaquin, Shelbyville and Garrison could easily wind up in a 3-way tie for first. This was after they played Garrison the first time. A lot of it depends on who each team is pitching and how good of a game that kid has. 

Garrison lost one of our better players, hitting and pitching to an accident .... he was really a good closer and clutch hitter ... going to be tough going if he can't return which is almost certain I have been told .... you need all the pitching and then some in the playoffs .... we do have a pretty deep bullpen with some really good young arms ....

5 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

Garrison lost one of our better players, hitting and pitching to an accident .... he was really a good closer and clutch hitter ... going to be tough going if he can't return which is almost certain I have been told .... you need all the pitching and then some in the playoffs .... we do have a pretty deep bullpen with some really good young arms ....

The injury you speak of happened in Shelbyville. One of those unfortunate freak accidents. 

A lot of us prayed for the young man and we sincerely hope he makes a full recovery. 

12 hours ago, Doomer said:

Yep. Shelbyville is solid ballclub.

Solid players but heard the town isn’t a fan of the head coach who maybe on his way out the door after the season. Word is they lose in the big games when the playing field is even & coaching matters! 

8 hours ago, SpinIt2WinIt said:

Solid players but heard the town isn’t a fan of the head coach who maybe on his way out the door after the season. Word is they lose in the big games when the playing field is even & coaching matters! 

The Sheblyville girls split with Lovelady lions last night at NacHighSchool. They play game3 at NacH.S. Monday at 6 p.m.

Edited by Doomer
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Gen7Dragon said:

The injury you speak of happened in Shelbyville. One of those unfortunate freak accidents. 

A lot of us prayed for the young man and we sincerely hope he makes a full recovery. 

Yep Garrison's pitchers stepped up big considering the unfortunate accident just before the game: Garrison pitcher Eli Compton pitched 4 1/3 innings giving up two hits, striking out four batters, and walking one batter. Teammate Hayden Allen gave up no hits or walks in  two and 2/3rds inning. Hats off for them teammates keeping focus when the ace went down. I respect them and Kirt's Bulldogs (or G-Dawgs).

9 hours ago, SpinIt2WinIt said:

Everyone has an opinion. Including myself. I personally like Coach Hubbard a lot. 

He did the one thing I asked which was give my son a fair and unbiased chance. 

On his coaching some people want him to be more vocal, but you can talk all you want and it won't stop errors on routine plays nor base running errors where kids take it upon themselves to run. . Im not faulting the kids either. It's just baseball! And good players play aggressive. 

In district our 3 losses are a by a combined 5 runs and they are all unearned runs. 

They better watch us in these playoffs! There are a lot of good teams but in my opinion we can compete with anyone in the region. 

So can Garrison and Joaquin. And we are all in the same district! 

We all can run rule many of the top teams in neighboring districts! 

Of note, we have 10 main players in our rotation with 8 coming back next year with our 3 best pitchers coming back. The future looks good!! 

Edited by Gen7Dragon

1 hour ago, Gen7Dragon said:

It should be a good game tonight between us and Joaquin. 

We gave them a game and I'm sure they feel that they gave us a game. 

It's a shame we are all in the same district. 

Game time is at 5:00 pm at Jim Reeves Park in Carthage. Time was moved up to try to get the game in before the bad weather arrives. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1