Texas high school baseball top 10 for every division

lionpride08

Shelbyville wins 9 to 8 on a walk off single in the bottom of the 7th. 2 outs. Full count! 

As far as baseball goes 23 2A has to be one of best!  It ended up : 1. Garrison 2. Shelbyville 3. Joaquin. 

Those 3 teams could be in any order. My opinion. They will all be a tough out for anybody! 

My son is only a freshman and I can say this season will probably be hard to match in the years to come! 

Edited by Gen7Dragon

5 minutes ago, Gen7Dragon said:

Shelbyville wins 9 to 8 on a walk off single in the bottom of the 7th. 2 outs. Full count! 

As far as baseball goes 23 2A has to be one of best!  It ended up : 1. Garrison 2. Shelbyville 3. Joaquin. 

Those 3 teams could be in any order. My opinion. They will all be a tough out for anybody! 

My son is only a freshman and I can say this season will probably be hard to match in the years to come! 

Will be a tough 2nd round match vs Douglass for you guys. Goodluck in the playoffs! 

• Thanks 1

On 4/28/2023 at 10:34 PM, SpinIt2WinIt said:

Will be a tough 2nd round match vs Douglass for you guys. Goodluck in the playoffs! 

We beat them back in early March but I'm not sure if they picked up some more players, or maybe we didn't see their best pitching? 

3 hours ago, Gen7Dragon said:

We beat them back in early March but I'm not sure if they picked up some more players, or maybe we didn't see their best pitching? 

Even in years when Douglas doesn’t have dominant pitching, you can expect them to play rock-solid defense and be really smart at the plate. They’re not going to swing on junk and they won’t commit base running errors. But you have to get there first. Do you have the first round matchups?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trueblue82 said:

Even in years when Douglas doesn’t have dominant pitching, you can expect them to play rock-solid defense and be really smart at the plate. They’re not going to swing on junk and they won’t commit base running errors. But you have to get there first. Do you have the first round matchups?

Shelbyville plays Colmesneil. Woden Plays West Sabine. 

I'm not sure on Garrison and Joaquin, but I think they will play Broaddus and Chireno. 

I whole heartedly agree on the getting there part. We can't be complacent. 

Also, this year we have made a lot of those mistakes you speak of. In fact, we only lost 1 game all year that I felt we were out played and that was to Pollock Cental they are really good. 

Edited by Gen7Dragon

Until we lost Davidson, I felt like Garrison had by far the deepest pitching staff in our district, the young arms have really stepped up this season ... got to get the bats hot and drive in those base runners .... it's going to come down to pitching match ups and timely hitting the next few weeks ....

• Like 1