Does Tyler Legacy lose quality football players to area schools?

neveragain

6 hours ago, neveragain said:

As Legacy looks to a new coach for the future, is there a problem with quality players transferring/moving to other schools?  Are the private schools in the area draining good players from Legacy?

This is has been happening for a while now. Private schools aren’t the only schools taking kids from legacy.

Who has left and gone to other schools in Tyler area. 

On 1/15/2023 at 1:26 AM, cujoforlife said:

This is has been happening for a while now. Private schools aren’t the only schools taking kids from legacy.

Who has left and where did they go ? 

9 minutes ago, GoBigBlue said:

Kids/Parents tend to move where they think their kids have the best chance at success.

And that doesn’t always involve football. Any chance that some of these private schools are academically better than what TISD is offering?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trueblue82 said:

And that doesn’t always involve football. Any chance that some of these private schools are academically better than what TISD is offering?

For the most part yes. Less students means more one on one time. For parents that are coming in from out of state are use to having their children in private schools 

• Like 1

There are roughly 10 high schools along with private in the area that kids have an opportunity to go to. It's talent all around but they're not mostly concentrated in one area. I heard the rezoning of the schools was a big problem the past couple years too. Tyler has just as much talent as Longview. Here's my thought. 

1. Tyler has way more private schools that Longview.

2. Tyler also has more white flight schools than the Longview area. 

3. Talent is separated by an estimated of 4 to 5 school districts besides Tyler ISD. Longview has only Pine Tree. 

4. Spring Hill and Hallsville is a locked school district. Meaning they only allow kids in their zoning district or you have to have special qualifications to join. (not 100% sure, correct if I'm wrong). It pushes more kids to Longview or Pine Tree. PT is of course the "little brother" to Longview in sports. 

You have at least 16 high schools not including JT and Lee that eat off Tyler, TX city limits. 

On 1/20/2023 at 8:18 AM, TrumpisDump said:

There are roughly 10 high schools along with private in the area that kids have an opportunity to go to. It's talent all around but they're not mostly concentrated in one area. I heard the rezoning of the schools was a big problem the past couple years too. Tyler has just as much talent as Longview. Here's my thought. 

3. Talent is separated by an estimated of 4 to 5 school districts besides Tyler ISD. Longview has only Pine Tree. 

4. Spring Hill and Hallsville is a locked school district. Meaning they only allow kids in their zoning district or you have to have special qualifications to join. (not 100% sure, correct if I'm wrong). It pushes more kids to Longview or Pine Tree. PT is of course the "little brother" to Longview in sports. 

8 hours ago, TrumpisDump said:

What? 4 ISD's make up the City of Longview.

All of East Longview = Hallsville

All of West Longview = Pine Tree

Northwest Longview = Spring Hill

The rest = Longview 

The southern portion of Longview ISD (Lakeport/Easton areas) is also heavy battle ground area between Tatum and Longview....big talent area both historically and current. All of it is zoned to Longview but some of those kids still make their way to Tatum. So, Longview could actually be stronger than they currently are believe it or not. Tatum's Jayden Boyd for instance was zoned to Longview....but didn't go to Longview.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ANTI said:

What? 4 ISD's make up the City of Longview.

All of East Longview = Hallsville

All of West Longview = Pine Tree

Northwest Longview = Spring Hill

The rest = Longview 

The southern portion of Longview ISD (Lakeport/Easton areas) is also heavy battle ground area between Tatum and Longview....big talent area both historically and current. All of it is zoned to Longview but some of those kids still make their way to Tatum. So, Longview could actually be stronger than they currently are believe it or not. Tatum's Jayden Boyd for instance was zoned to Longview....but didn't go to Longview.

4 isd's for Tyler too...but add in the charter and private schools, and eats away alot more kids. Longview doesn't have to deal with that.

and lets be honest...if you take 10 kids that are good in football in Longview, at least 7 will end up at Longview high.  

but, despite all of this, I still believe the reason Longview is better has more to do with Coach King rather than talent. 

7 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

4 isd's for Tyler too...but add in the charter and private schools, and eats away alot more kids. Longview doesn't have to deal with that.

I know this man lol I never said otherwise. 

Was replying to the guy that said Longview only had 2 ISD's, which isn't true. We have our own challenges just like anyone else. 

I will say that I think all of those privates and charters in Tyler more so effect enrollment than it does the football programs.

Also, let's not act like Tyler's 4 ISD zones are cut up the same way Longview's are. 

Go 4 minutes to the East of Longview High, you're in another zone. Go 4 minutes to the West of Longview High, you're in another zone...lol

In other words, the 4 ISDs in Longview are well within the city limits....not just the outskirts. 3/4 stretch well within Loop 281.

• Like 1

The area Tyler has way more schools than the Longview area. Hallsville is an outskirts school to Longview like Whitehouse, Lindale, Winona, and Bullard is to Tyler. 

Both cities have their fare share of schools eating off the city limits. Tyler just does it on a larger level.

Except Hallsville ISD actually dips way inside of Loop 281. Way to Alpine Road, which is right down the street from Longview High. Again, they are taking all of East Longview.

That ain't outskirts. 

Lindale ISD barely gets to Swan, Bullard ISD doesn't come past Flint and Winona is the most apples to oranges comparison of them all.

Whitehouse and Chapel Hill are the only ISD's that could compare to what Hallsville is doing to Longview. But again, at least Tyler ISD owns everything within their Loop. Longview doesn't.

Coming inside the loop or not has nothing to do with having different isd's eating off the city limits. Outside the loop inside the loop is still part of your city limits. Every school I named around Tyler has a plate at Tyler city limits table. Take Lindale and Whitehouse for instance. Both of those cities are smaller than Henderson and Kilgore. Yet and still both Lindale and Whitehouse have a larger school population than Kilgore and Henderson. I wonder why. Oh yeah they feed off Tyler. 

55 minutes ago, VonG said:

Coming inside the loop or not has nothing to do with having different isd's eating off the city limits

Never claimed it did.

Just showing you how far the ISD's dip inside of Longview city limits. As close to 4-6 mins either side of LHS.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Tyler ISD serves a much higher percentage of their population compared to Longview ISD.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ANTI said:

I know this man lol I never said otherwise. 

Was replying to the guy that said Longview only had 2 ISD's, which isn't true. We have our own challenges just like anyone else. 

I will say that I think all of those privates and charters in Tyler more so effect enrollment than it does the football programs.

Also, let's not act like Tyler's 4 ISD zones are cut up the same way Longview's are. 

Go 4 minutes to the East of Longview High, you're in another zone. Go 4 minutes to the West of Longview High, you're in another zone...lol

In other words, the 4 ISDs in Longview are well within the city limits....not just the outskirts. 3/4 stretch well within Loop 281.

fair point