🤹 2022-23 Coaching Carousel 🤹

blesseddaily

2 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

Lost as much as OU but played in the SEC Championship… 

Keep hating.  I figured people would crap more on the Joey McGuire grade

I have not hated on the Kelly hire at all. 

LSU did improve. LSU finished with #7 recruiting class. Best for 3rd in the SEC (#5 in the future SEC). Only got 4 of the top 10 players in Louisiana though. 

An “A-“ for a four loss season at place that won a National Title 3 years ago is a little high for me.

Edited by Valhalla
  • Like 1

On 12/26/2022 at 7:35 PM, Valhalla said:

I have not hated on the Kelly hire at all. 

LSU did improve. LSU finished with #7 recruiting class. Best for 3rd in the SEC (#5 in the future SEC). Only got 4 of the top 10 players in Louisiana though. 

An “A-“ for a four loss season at place that won a National Title 3 years ago is a little high for me.

I agree with all points. B+ for me. 

17 hours ago, Valhalla said:

That is called processing. 

Yea I think lots of guys leaving is cutting dead weight for programs. 

Like everyone is talking about A&Ms numbers, but likely only 8-9 of the 25+ leaving would have even been in the two deep next year. 4 guys were indefinitely suspended and the word is Harris and Marshall both were told “no thanks” about trying to come back. 

I think the national portal numbers are mostly dead weight leaving. 

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

Yea I think lots of guys leaving is cutting dead weight for programs. 

Like everyone is talking about A&Ms numbers, but likely only 8-9 of the 25+ leaving would have even been in the two deep next year. 4 guys were indefinitely suspended and the word is Harris and Marshall both were told “no thanks” about trying to come back. 

I think the national portal numbers are mostly dead weight leaving. 

Does it surprise you that LSU picked up Harris almost immediately after what all happened?

15 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Does it surprise you that LSU picked up Harris almost immediately after what all happened?

No. North shore is a hub for LSU guys. plus I think there’s a revenge factor at play here. From what’s being reported both Marshall and Harris wanted to return and were shown the door. Both committed to SEC west schools. of course there are many reasons for a commitment to those schools, but I think sticking it to Jimbo would be a nice bonus for them. 

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

No. North shore is a hub for LSU guys. plus I think there’s a revenge factor at play here. From what’s being reported both Marshall and Harris wanted to return and were shown the door. Both committed to SEC west schools. of course there are many reasons for a commitment to those schools, but I think sticking it to Jimbo would be a nice bonus for them. 

I think it's more of just how good Harris can be IF he straightens up. Potential is NFL stuff.

11 minutes ago, BlackShirtD said:

LSU and Brian Kelly are going to be tough to deal with in the future.   Go Tigers

Believe it or not, I’m convinced LSU is the easiest job in the country. They have a ruthless donor base willing to play dirty to any extent to win. They have a level of loyalty amongst high school recruits better than every other state. They have the type of schedule that in a down year you can blame it on how tough the west is or In a good year you can boost it as a bigger accomplishment than it might really be (like this year) because you won’t the toughest division in college football. I think that as long as you speak English and don’t waste your time on blondes (Coach O) there aren’t many jobs easier to win at and be successful. If it weren’t for Nick Saban at Bama we would probably still be seeing Les Miles there with 2-3 more titles. 

On 12/29/2022 at 10:33 AM, WETSU said:

Believe it or not, I’m convinced LSU is the easiest job in the country. They have a ruthless donor base willing to play dirty to any extent to win. They have a level of loyalty amongst high school recruits better than every other state. They have the type of schedule that in a down year you can blame it on how tough the west is or In a good year you can boost it as a bigger accomplishment than it might really be (like this year) because you won’t the toughest division in college football. I think that as long as you speak English and don’t waste your time on blondes (Coach O) there aren’t many jobs easier to win at and be successful. If it weren’t for Nick Saban at Bama we would probably still be seeing Les Miles there with 2-3 more titles. 

I’m the biggest LSU homer that posts on this site and I picked LSU to finish 5-7 or worse this season.  They won the west.  A+ for Kelly who I have always said is an undeniable winner, I just didn’t see it year 1.

As for the future, top 10 class this year, I think they will finish strong with the transfers as well.  Already looking strong for next year’s recruiting class, and the QB is returning next year.  LSU is going to be scary dangerous next year.  I’m thinking 10-2 or 11-1

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

Wow, I think that’s a great move for him. 

I agree. I think TCU takes a real step back down to earth next season and his stock might have fallen. He’s inheriting a very good qb prospect with veterans around him in a fairly low stress conference. This move is a no brainer. He will be the HC at one of the mid tier ACC schools within 2 years. 

• Like 1