🤹 2022-23 Coaching Carousel 🤹

blesseddaily

22 minutes ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

I wonder if Coach Prime would entertain that USF job......... 🤔

I'm expecting him to hold out for the Fla. State gig. It'd be the perfect setup for him. Easy recruiting access. Rich tradition. Soft conference. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, MeanGreenDogs64 said:

North Texas is losing their Athletic Director Wren Baker to West Virginia. I am interested to see who we will hire in the next few months. 

Is Littrell on the hot seat? I’ve seen his name on some OC vacancy lists.

1 hour ago, Stoney said:

Is Littrell on the hot seat? I’ve seen his name on some OC vacancy lists.

It's a weird situation. He has 1 year left on his contract. The boosters want to keep him. Long time season ticket holders are tired of how flat the team has looked these last few years. Myself and a few others gave up our tickets.

We are in the conference championship against UTSA.  However, we struggled badly against Memphis, SMU, UNLV, and UAB this year. 3 of the 4 will be in our conference next year and the other just fired their HC. We barely beat Rice and lost to UTSA on a last second TD.

His name was mentioned as a candidate at Tulsa, but who knows what happens with a new AD coming in.

On 11/30/2022 at 2:26 PM, MeanGreenDogs64 said:

North Texas is losing their Athletic Director Wren Baker to West Virginia. I am interested to see who we will hire in the next few months. 

I've heard the name Jimbo is out there in West Virginia--but of course there are probably 10,000 Jimbo's in West Virginia & probably all related......:rofl:

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Stoney said:

South Florida for Deion

Traylor stays at UTSA and builds a legacy program

The real question is what job do you think Traylor would leave UTSA for besides like obvious no brainers.

Could Houston lure him away?

What about Oklahoma State if it came open?

13 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

The real question is what job do you think Traylor would leave UTSA for besides like obvious no brainers.

I know I would leave for either of those schools.  Good programs, better recruits, still winnable conferences 

1 hour ago, Valhalla said:

Traylor at Houston in the Big 12 could be real interesting. Facility upgrades. Recruiting hot spot. Power vacuum at the top of the new Big 12. The new 12 team playoff coming. 

17 hours ago, MeanGreenDogs64 said:

GJ Kinne to Texas State

Playing the long game. Figures he builds his brand right down the road, eventually UT-Austin might come a calling. 

It's the smart move.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Stoney said:

Traylor at Houston in the Big 12 could be real interesting. Facility upgrades. Recruiting hot spot. Power vacuum at the top of the new Big 12. The new 12 team playoff coming. 

15 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

I know I would leave for either of those schools.  Good programs, better recruits, still winnable conferences 

How much did Texas Tech really pursue him last offseason did he actually tell them no?

26 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

How much did Texas Tech really pursue him last offseason did he actually tell them no?

I’m not sure. I thought the OC who was a former QB was going to get the job but Joey McGuire blew them away.