🤹 2022-23 Coaching Carousel 🤹

blesseddaily

1 hour ago, MavGrad99 said:

The state is suing them to stay, but from everything I have read is that they can't actually stop them.

Not sure how Cali works but I remember when the Governor of Texas forced the new Big 12 to take Baylor and if they didn't then UT and A&M couldn't go. Houston, Rice, TCU, SMU and Baylor didn't get the invite from the SWC but Big 12 had to take Baylor. 

1 hour ago, MavGrad99 said:

The state is suing them to stay, but from everything I have read is that they can't actually stop them.

The state legislature can stop them with a simple majority vote in both houses and the governor's signature because they are a state (public) school.....

4 hours ago, MeanGreenDogs64 said:

North Texas update, a HC will be named after the bowl this weekend. There are 5 finalists for the job. Garrett Riley, Joe Gillespie, Kenny Perry, KC Keeler and Justin Fuente. I think Fuente is who gets the job.

https://footballscoop.com/news/update-north-texas-head-football-coaching-search

Mattress Mack wants Kenny Perry though. 

• Sad 1

36 minutes ago, txk85 said:

Mattress Mack wants Kenny Perry though. 

Mattress Mack was in an interview a few months ago talking about his playing time at the University of Texas. He didn't mention us once in the interview, even though he graduated/played here. Several fans will be disappointed if Kenny Perry gets the job. He's never been a HC at the college level. Mack did give money for the practice fields and made the University name them after Darrell Dickey.

Edited by MeanGreenDogs64

17 hours ago, MeanGreenDogs64 said:

Mattress Mack was in an interview a few months ago talking about his playing time at the University of Texas. He didn't mention us once in the interview, even though he graduated/played here. Several fans will be disappointed if Kenny Perry gets the job. He's never been a HC at the college level. Mack did give money for the practice fields and made the University name them after Darrell Dickey.

north Texas could do a lot worse than Fuente if he ends up with the job. 

side note, i kinda thought id see Kendall Briles name pop up for some of these CUSA AAC jobs

• 2 weeks later...