UPDATE: Tyler High hires Rashaun Woods

cujoforlife

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, cujoforlife said:

The job is still posted. I hope that it is filled before spring practice.

should be. 1st  scheduled school board meeting is January 23rd. Doubt anything is by then but the 2nd one is Feb 20th. They will probably have to have a special board meeting between the two to get hired. Legacy opened up a little later so they may want to try to keep them on the same schedule. We will see. 

1 hour ago, TrumpisDump said:

I'm surprised there isn't a word on the streets yet. Figured after Christmas Break it would be a little chatter. What's the hold up I wonder?

some school just started back this week. Gonna have to give coordinators a few weeks to build portfolios, play books and highlights. Also, probably calling around to build a staff to bring with the guy. If its end of February and no hire yet then you worry 

On 1/9/2023 at 8:12 AM, Slickarick said:

should be. 1st  scheduled school board meeting is January 23rd. Doubt anything is by then but the 2nd one is Feb 20th. They will probably have to have a special board meeting between the two to get hired. Legacy opened up a little later so they may want to try to keep them on the same schedule. We will see. 

I didn’t think about to the Legacy part. 

On 1/9/2023 at 10:13 AM, Slickarick said:

some school just started back this week. Gonna have to give coordinators a few weeks to build portfolios, play books and highlights. Also, probably calling around to build a staff to bring with the guy. If its end of February and no hire yet then you worry 

I thought that there would be more interest in Tyler High being a former winning program.

50 minutes ago, cujoforlife said:

I thought that there would be more interest in Tyler High being a former winning program.

Yeah I would think the same thing. Especially with Lee having two RB's in the past three years that went to big time programs in college. The talent pool in Tyler is comparable to Longview. I figure the administration might be hard to work for also.  Just a guess 

On 1/9/2023 at 11:58 AM, TrumpisDump said:

Yeah I would think the same thing. Especially with Lee having two RB's in the past three years that went to big time programs in college. The talent pool in Tyler is comparable to Longview. I figure the administration might be hard to work for also.  Just a guess 

Well not just two RBs. There is one at TH right now. Well we already know that the administration is hard to work for. When you have a HC leave a championship team. 

On 1/9/2023 at 2:28 PM, NODAYSOFFTX said:

How do you see it

I would like for the new coach to have enough time to implement his new offense and defense for the start of the new season. Instead of using the old O and D already in place until next season.

• Like 1

Any news coming out of Tyler? Admin has to be getting close to having their guy. I would think recommendation would be scheduled soon for the January board meeting I believe on the 23?

Edited by Ynot

4 hours ago, Ynot said:

Any news coming out of Tyler? Admin has to be getting close to having their guy. I would think recommendation would be scheduled soon for the January board meeting I believe on the 23?

The job was still posted the last time that I checked 

10 minutes ago, cujoforlife said:

More than likely. I just didn’t think it would take this long to find a new head coach.

It takes what it takes. As long as you get the hire right, that is all that matters. Now, if they mess it up, that's a different story. But, sometimes it takes a while to tell if the right hire was made.

• Like 1

On 1/12/2023 at 1:53 PM, BigWhoop said:

It takes what it takes. As long as you get the hire right, that is all that matters. Now, if they mess it up, that's a different story. But, sometimes it takes a while to tell if the right hire was made.

Seeing that this coach will be the first that wasn’t hired from within. Since coach Brooks left.

Edited by cujoforlife

8 minutes ago, VonG said:

I know the name of the guy out of Oklahoma. 

See, I know the Houston coordinator. It's the Oklahoma one that's throwing me off...and it sounds like CUJO is more so headed that direction.