UPDATE: Tyler High hires Rashaun Woods

cujoforlife

I never said they didn't pursue applicants. Just because you pursue someone it doesn't mean they are going to accept. I know for a fact Tisd went out and pursued some highly recommended coaches. That doesn't mean nothing if they politely decline. You can only hire coaches that put in their resume. 

On 1/20/2023 at 1:57 PM, cujoforlife said:

well I was right about tisd staying in line with what they been doing when it comes to hiring HC for TH. What is the offense that he ran EHS?

You are not right about Tisd staying in line about what they have been doing. You can only go hire from the list of coaches who applied for the job. None of us knows who all applied. You think a once proud city and isd of great football teams and players wants to be the laughing stock of Texas high school football. Come on man. We can be just like Denton, TX.

I'll say this. He has more talent than to work with than his current school.

59 minutes ago, VonG said:

I'll say this. He more talent than to work with than his current school.

This is true. He had JT type players at Millwood and Marshall than he has at Enid. Winning back to back coach of the year awards is impressive also. It will be interesting to see what he can do at JT. He seems like a guy who is use to building programs from the bottom up.

Any OU grads from Tyler High on here? You gotta be like . . . two OSU guys in a row? I know the previous coach was a Tyler High grad . . . but this is strange, no?

Is someone on the TISD Board associated with the T. Boone Pickens Foundation? 

I'm always looking for a good conspiracy :)

• Like 3
  • LOL! 2

9 hours ago, VonG said:

You are not right about Tisd staying in line about what they have been doing. You can only go hire from the list of coaches who applied for the job. None of us knows who all applied. You think a once proud city and isd of great football teams and players wants to be the laughing stock of Texas high school football. Come on man. We can be just like Denton, TX.

How wasn’t I? He is black right?

CUJO is about to see a scheme upgrade at the very least.

Still spread, but isn't as QB dependent. Lot of power run concepts and emphasis on OL play. I think McFall is going to feast in this offense.

4-3 defensively, although all of that may just depend on who he brings in as DC.

Woods is also very well spoken. Early indication is its not a bad hire but we'll see. 

Edited by ANTI

I wouldn't be shocked at all if Coach Holmes told him to apply for this job.

Hope it works out.

On 1/21/2023 at 1:12 AM, ANTI said:

CUJO is about to see a scheme upgrade at the very least.

Still spread, but isn't as QB dependent. Lot of power run concepts and emphasis on OL play. I think McFall is going to feast in this offense.

4-3 defensively, although all of that may just depend on who he brings in as DC.

Woods is also very well spoken. Early indication is its not a bad hire but we'll see. 

hope so

On 1/20/2023 at 2:08 PM, Valhalla said:

No coach is winning at Enid in that district that they are in. 

I just find it hard to believe that Tyler had to go all the way to Enid, Oklahoma to find a guy.

that district is probably tougher than JT's district. Those Tulsa area schools are loaded and the OKC area schools are getting better.

On 1/21/2023 at 2:32 AM, JTFAN99 said:

I wouldn't be shocked at all if Coach Holmes told him to apply for this job.

Hope it works out.

He could have thrown him an alley hoop. 

On 1/21/2023 at 12:11 AM, cujoforlife said:

How wasn’t I? He is black right?

Because you are basing things off opinions and emotions instead of facts.

On 1/20/2023 at 12:57 PM, MattStepp said:

His overall record I think is deceiving because he had to rebuild a bad program and took some lumps in the rebuild...thats why i think you cant always judge a coach just by record...I dont know how this will work out, but the resume IMO is solid..

Several coaches have come from OK to Texas and done well and won titles....I dont think being from OK will make or break Woods 

The story will tell itself. He will have access to better athletes in the Tyler area. Over the next few years I expect a lot of complaints due to players gravitating from surrounding schools. We'll see

Edited by KrookedWolfe

On 1/21/2023 at 7:42 AM, Destry said:

Makes no difference on that second question! 

What I stated was based on what I said about TISD only hiring Black HC for Tyler High.

On 1/21/2023 at 8:59 AM, VonG said:

The fact is no HC is any other color but black since Allen Wilson. 

Why does it matter what the color of the head coach skin is? Have you thought maybe no white coach applied for the head coaching job at JT. 

It seems to me you be worrying about the wrong  all the time. The only thing that matters is JT having a capable coach to lead this young men.
  • Like 4

On 1/21/2023 at 3:02 PM, VonG said:
Why does it matter what the color of the head coach skin is? Have you thought maybe no white coach applied for the head coaching job at JT. 

It seems to me you be worrying about the wrong  all the time. The only thing that matters is JT having a capable coach to lead this young men.

I just told you what TISD’s hiring practices were, and y’all jumped over me for stating a fact, and said it could be anyone, so I didn’t say anything I went along with it, but TISD proved my point. Nope I am not worried. I just named coaches that I thought would be the right fit for TH since TISD went in the direction all of the time. 

On 1/21/2023 at 3:02 PM, VonG said:

When you base that you already picked the wrong coach. I don’t care if the dude is green if he is capable and a leader.

On 1/21/2023 at 8:59 AM, VonG said:

Bingo

On 1/22/2023 at 7:03 AM, Mojo1000 said:

When you base that you already picked the wrong coach. I don’t care if the dude is green if he is capable and a leader.

Point something out to you I don’t care. Oh, I was only pointing out who they hire for that school.  but this topic never comes up when they only hire white coaches for legacy.

On 1/22/2023 at 7:05 AM, Mojo1000 said:

Bingo

How is it my opinion when I have stated the facts?

On 1/22/2023 at 11:47 AM, cujoforlife said:

How is it my opinion when I have stated the facts ?

Character and qualities makes a viable candidate. Race sex preference is irrelevant. 

On 1/22/2023 at 11:46 AM, cujoforlife said:

Point something out to you I don’t care. Oh, I was only pointing out who they hire for that school.  but this topic never comes up when they only hire white coaches for legacy.

Well if you’re basing your decision off of that then you probably never get the right guy. 

I just want to know why this guy is so concerned about the color of the coaches skin. It doesn't matter what his or her race is. Can you coach and get the absolute best out of your kids. That's the only thing that matters  

• Like 1

Personal opinion..... and this is just me as an outsider looking in.....

But IMHO this very thread is a microcosm of the issues that plague Tyler High.

You have SOME people in "Cujo Nation" focused on the wrong things.  I don't think they are the majority of the fanbase...but unfortunately they are the LOUDEST.

The fact that the race of a coach is even being mentioned is a little mind boggling to me based on where this program is currently sitting.

Instead of talking about race....you would think they would be talking about WINNING. 

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

On 1/22/2023 at 12:57 PM, VonG said:

I just want to know why this guy is so concerned about the color of the coaches skin. It doesn't matter what his or her race is. Can you coach and get the absolute best out of your kids. That's the only thing that matters  

I wanna know why are you so concerned about anything that I say that’s factual. Because you can’t argue against it.

On 1/22/2023 at 12:22 PM, Mojo1000 said:

Well if you’re basing your decision off of that then you probably never get the right guy. 

Not basing my decision off of nothing I told you what the school does.