UPDATE: Tyler High hires Rashaun Woods

cujoforlife

Of course. The money in Enid doesn't compare to the money he would be receiving in Tyler. When he became the head coach for Enid in 2019 his salary was $74,000 and some change. I don't know what it is now. But I can guarantee you it's not close to what he will be receiving now.

On 1/21/2023 at 12:32 AM, JTFAN99 said:

I wouldn't be shocked at all if Coach Holmes told him to apply for this job.

Hope it works out.

If he did, what are the chances that Holmes stays on staff?

It's rare to see, but in Holmes case uprooting from Tyler may be undesirable.

On 1/20/2023 at 4:41 PM, Matt said:

Any OU grads from Tyler High on here? You gotta be like . . . two OSU guys in a row? I know the previous coach was a Tyler High grad . . . but this is strange, no?

As a Sooner alum and Lobo supporter, I'm pretty pumped. :woot: 

• Like 1

I think this was a great hire for the school. He is a proven athlete and can coach the kids on how to further their athletic wishes at a D1 University possibly NFL by experience(being a 1st round draft pick). He knows the work ethic and what it requires. I look for him to reciprocate that to his players and make them great. As always haters will hate and talk about his salary and senseless things to try to make things as complicated as possible. Just sit back, watch and learn 🤓

Edited by KrookedWolfe

I will offer Tyler High fans this comparison. We (Mesquite Horn) went 2-7 last year and the coach was reassigned. We hired a coach Allen from North Crowley who improved a 2-8 team to 7-4. Last year that same team went 12-1. Horn was 2-7 before he arrived and he got them to 8-3 in his first year. We were 7pts away from going undefeated in the regular season. I did not know anything about him and after doing some research I found he never lost to the same team twice while at North Crowley. He came in and all the kids bought into him. The offense struggled but the defense was lights out and they carried the team (Horn has never been known for defense). Him coming to Horn was a perfect fit and Woods could do the same at Tyler High. In my opinion you know what you have in a coach by his results in that third year. Tyler High needed a change in culture and I say give the guy a chance. If the kids buy in and the participation numbers come up, Tyler High will return to what they have always been. Good luck to Cujo.

• Like 1

On 1/25/2023 at 1:40 PM, Grainraiser said:

I will offer Tyler High fans this comparison. We (Mesquite Horn) went 2-7 last year and the coach was reassigned. We hired a coach Allen from North Crowley who improved a 2-8 team to 7-4. Last year that same team went 12-1. Horn was 2-7 before he arrived and he got them to 8-3 in his first year. We were 7pts away from going undefeated in the regular season. I did not know anything about him and after doing some research I found he never lost to the same team twice while at North Crowley. He came in and all the kids bought into him. The offense struggled but the defense was lights out and they carried the team (Horn has never been known for defense). Him coming to Horn was a perfect fit and Woods could do the same at Tyler High. In my opinion you know what you have in a coach by his results in that third year. Tyler High needed a change in culture and I say give the guy a chance. If the kids buy in and the participation numbers come up, Tyler High will return to what they have always been. Good luck to Cujo.

We will see how he does at TH.

On 1/23/2023 at 11:17 PM, KrookedWolfe said:

. As always haters will hate and talk about his salary and senseless things to try to make things as complicated as possible. Just sit back, watch and learn 🤓

Since you are the one who put a thumbs down on my post about his salary, I am assuming this post was about me.  Not sure why because I never said anything negative about the hire. I was only making an observation about his salary, because I'm sure they played some part in him leaving his home state.

I am excited about the hire.I like to see if he brings in some new staff on the defensive side. Otherwise, I am rooting for him. So, I don't understand why you made this absurd comment in the first place. Oh well....Welcome to Tyler Coach Woods

I saw the thumbs down and was like why. You didn't say anything bad. Everyone knows he is getting a substantial pay raise coming to Tyler. I'm not even sure why he commented on this thread since it has nothing to do with where he is from.

• Like 1

Since JT has a new coach. Does the early morning practices stop? If so does the numbers increase because players don't have to get up so early? Also does JT keep players from transferring out since they don't have to get up early? 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

Since you are the one who put a thumbs down on my post about his salary, I am assuming this post was about me.  Not sure why because I never said anything negative about the hire. I was only making an observation about his salary, because I'm sure they played some part in him leaving his home state.

I am excited about the hire.I like to see if he brings in some new staff on the defensive side. Otherwise, I am rooting for him. So, I don't understand why you made this absurd comment in the first place. Oh well....Welcome to Tyler Coach Woods

I am pretty sure he's brining in new coordinators for sure

• Like 1