Black Americans Die At A Much Higher Rate

BarryLaverty

1 hour ago, JBizzle said:

Apparently he believes black people can't use google, go to the doctor, understand what a doctor says, or get a job with benefits...

Why be so obtuse and glib and condescending about what they found? You think all is equal for everyone in opportunity to have all information needed and medical care that is sufficient? 

6 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

Why be so obtuse and glib and condescending about what they found? You think all is equal for everyone in opportunity to have all information needed and medical care that is sufficient? 

Nope, but I don't think the difference is the color of their skin. Poor and indigent people exist of all colors. It's not systemic racism. 

• Like 3

On 1/23/2023 at 1:00 PM, ctown81 said:

it is my friend. They changed a law school, elective course to a k-12 curriculum. All politicians do is create boogeymen and the people fall for it everytime.

If it's a course that's taught k-12, elective or not, then it's no mythical boogeyman.  If someone wants to pay $, say at a university,  to learn how to be more racist then they'll hear no objections from me.  K-12 kids shouldn't be subjected to this marxist garbage.

• Like 1

On 1/23/2023 at 1:25 PM, ctown81 said:

yeah the "systemic" part back in the day kind of of targeted minorities. Just saying......

Today isn't back in the day. I guess white doctor's, in this informed and woke time, purposefully don't give people of color the same level of care. :rofl:

On 1/23/2023 at 1:25 PM, JBizzle said:

I was speaking to Barry's commentary of systemic lack of access to information and medical care being the cause.

Apparently he believes black people can't use google, go to the doctor, understand what a doctor says, or get a job with benefits...

He also says they’re too stupid to get a valid ID to vote

26 minutes ago, Baron said:

Today isn't back in the day. I guess white doctor's, in this informed and woke time, purposefully don't give people of color the same level of care. :rofl:

In the American healthcare system poor people receive a lower quality of care regardless of race. 

29 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

In the American healthcare system poor people receive a lower quality of care regardless of race. 

Exactly. Insurance doesn't care about your skin color, just how much you make a year.

6 hours ago, DAWG91 said:

If it's a course that's taught k-12, elective or not, then it's no mythical boogeyman.  If someone wants to pay $, say at a university,  to learn how to be more racist then they'll hear no objections from me.  K-12 kids shouldn't be subjected to this marxist garbage.

It's not taught at all in k-12

The most dangerous for Black Americans. Malcolm X said it best . Systemic racism is not a thing nor should you play a victim all of your life. “ There are many whites who are trying to solve the problem. But, you never see them going under the label of liberals.” Malcolm highlighted that the White American who identifies as a liberal is the most ‘dangerous’ and ‘deceitful’ thing in the Western Hemisphere. “

The Human Rights activist further compares a liberal to a fox, which unlike the wolf, deceits its prey. In other words, Malcolm X suggested that the ‘liberals’ who claim to be the ones fighting for the rights of black Americans is in fact exploiting them for their own benefits.

On 1/23/2023 at 1:09 PM, RETIREDFAN1 said:

What's sickening is the racist belief that skin color actually has meaning.......

Lot of people of all colors making lots of money continually stirring the pot and fanning the flames .....

• Like 1

https://acsjournals.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.3322/caac.21763

Here is the actual study with actual facts, not dismissive jabber. No doubt the poor among us suffer most, but there is much higher percentage of black Americans who die at a higher rate than white Americans from cancer, and the study clearly points out the inequities. 

32 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

Here is the actual study with actual facts, not dismissive jabber. No doubt the poor among us suffer most, but there is much higher percentage of black Americans who die at a higher rate than white Americans from cancer, and the study clearly points out the inequities. 

Govt healthcare is not the answer.  They’ve screwed up everything they got theirs hands on so far.  

you want to fix America’s problems?  Make the elite politicians use the programs they set up for the taxpayers for themselves.  No more fully funded retirement for the rest of their lives, they get savings plans they must fund and look forward to social security.  They get to purchase healthcare like the rest of us, and wait in line for care.  Make them pay their “fair share” of taxes like most of us do.  And stop the lobbying and self voted raises.  Make their pay raise be voted on by their constituents that sent them there.  

38 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Make their pay raise be voted on by their constituents that sent them there.  

Individually. Not as a whole.

Have a "base" Congressional salary, and if your Congressperson/Senator thinks they deserve a raise, let it appear on a ballot as a yes/no.

"Congressperson X has a current salary of $Y. Do you approve a 10% (or whatever) increase in their salary?"

1 hour ago, BarryLaverty said:

It doesn’t compare it to wealth. A higher percentage of AA are poor, therefor a higher percentage of death would also occur. It’s a poor problem.

I would agree to government healthcare systems if anyone could show me a governmental program that actually works, follows a budget, and doesn't have more than its fair share of fraud. 

I have studied governments for over 30 years now....and I actually found a program in the 1990s that actually ran a surplus in their budget and was paying for itself until the government idiots realized they had extra money to spend and took it. 

The Texas Parks and Wildlife program ran in the black for many years, their budget was made up of the money that hunters and fishermen paid into the system. They always had extra money, put it into facilities that would take care of future generations of outdoors people and the animals that they enjoyed catching. But not anymore, they have decided that all that money needs to be in the "general fund", and with the rise of social media attacking anyone that hunts or fishes, people have quit the sports and started watching tiktoks. 

29 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

I would agree to government healthcare systems if anyone could show me a governmental program that actually works, follows a budget, and doesn't have more than its fair share of fraud. 

I have studied governments for over 30 years now....and I actually found a program in the 1990s that actually ran a surplus in their budget and was paying for itself until the government idiots realized they had extra money to spend and took it. 

The Texas Parks and Wildlife program ran in the black for many years, their budget was made up of the money that hunters and fishermen paid into the system. They always had extra money, put it into facilities that would take care of future generations of outdoors people and the animals that they enjoyed catching. But not anymore, they have decided that all that money needs to be in the "general fund", and with the rise of social media attacking anyone that hunts or fishes, people have quit the sports and started watching tiktoks. 

I agree and it irks me. Truestorie 

Edited by Doomer
  • Like 1

On 1/21/2023 at 10:47 AM, EnjoyLife said:

Generally speaking black Americans are less affluent...and the quality of care people receive in our "for profit" healthcare system is directly related to how deep a persons pockets are...and that a'int right.

This doesn’t make sense.  Before insurance and Medicaid etc, when you saw a Dr. you paid cash.  Less affluent people would have even less access to healthcare in that system.  Insurance allows your employer to help you with insurance which should greatly decrease the cost that medical facilities charge.  Insurances make their money from investments and those of us who do not need expensive health services.  Instead of government insurance, I would rather have insurance completely abolished so I can see liberals with those crocodile tears when they see the cold hard truth

• Like 1