Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Girls game I read about. What’s wrong with 60 point mercy rule in high school basketball? I know— not fair to other team members who don’t get to play much. That my friend in on the coach of that team. If he has to leave starters in at 40-0, he has more problems than the coach on the other team. Ok , haters, go to it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Destry said:

Girls game I read about. What’s wrong with 60 point mercy rule in high school basketball? I know— not fair to other team members who don’t get to play much. That my friend in on the coach of that team. If he has to leave starters in at 40-0, he has more problems than the coach on the other team. Ok , haters, go to it.

Lmao get over yourself 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

To me, it all depends on how it was done…….If the coach started subbing about 30-0, did not press after that time and eventually emptied the bench I don’t see much of a problem………If he played starters in the 3rd quarter and pressed the whole game, then shame on the coach. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Destry said:

Girls game I read about. What’s wrong with 60 point mercy rule in high school basketball? I know— not fair to other team members who don’t get to play much. That my friend in on the coach of that team. If he has to leave starters in at 40-0, he has more problems than the coach on the other team. Ok , haters, go to it.

Then should there be a mercy rule for all sports? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is a non story and not the only situation similar. Winona has scored zero points this year in multiple games. One week they were beat 82-0 by Mt Vernon and 90-0 by Winnsboro. The superintendent told the coach to go in the hallways and find enough players to play not to forfeit. They have subsequently forfeited every game since. The issue is far bigger than the respective coaches of the teams on the winning side. 

Edited by chevyman
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, cotton84 said:

To me, it all depends on how it was done…….If the coach started subbing about 30-0, did not press after that time and eventually emptied the bench I don’t see much of a problem………If he played starters in the 3rd quarter and pressed the whole game, then shame on the coach. 

I like the idea of no pressing at a certain point when the game is well in hand 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What are we talking about here lol. This can't be serious lol.  If you aren't good enough to score one bucket, I'm talking about one bucket. How are you gonna be good to keep someone from putting up 70 or 80. If you aren't athletic enough to put the ball in the hole once, I'm talking one time. How in the he*! are you going to be athletic enough to stop anyone lol. I've seen alot of bad basketball, alot of bad basketball. I've seen alot of non athletic kids, but I've never seen a basketball shut out.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Destry said:

I would go for that. Play above the game.

The game in question they took all the starters out and did not press any after the half. They ran the clock and never stopped it even on timeouts. Buffalo is Terrible but westwood is even worse.

Edited by Allheartnoquit
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, SilkyJohnson said:

No mercy rule, but make it mandatory that the clock run after fifty points. 

I could go for that just as well, in actuality that is not a bad idea. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Allheartnoquit said:

Its just like when Aledo scores 90 plus on people in football you cant tell the second third and 4th string kids who do not get to play much not to go hard it is the job of the other team to start them. 

I'll agree to that. Even have had jv players score on teams in the playoffs. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, blackngoldtiger said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't most coaches usually agree to such terms before games? 

It would be mutually agreed upon during the game by the officials and coaches. A coach can say no. 

 

I think the mercy rule would be an interesting discussion. They already have one in 6man football. Would the Wininoa girls have survived a season with a mercy rule? The problem is this can't be a real discussion because people against it just yell about snowflakes.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, mrclean69 said:

It would be mutually agreed upon during the game by the officials and coaches. A coach can say no. 

 

I think the mercy rule would be an interesting discussion. They already have one in 6man football. Would the Wininoa girls have survived a season with a mercy rule? The problem is this can't be a real discussion because people against it just yell about snowflakes.

You are so right.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...