Destry

Girls game I read about. What’s wrong with 60 point mercy rule in high school basketball? I know— not fair to other team members who don’t get to play much. That my friend in on the coach of that team. If he has to leave starters in at 40-0, he has more problems than the coach on the other team. Ok , haters, go to it.

7 minutes ago, Destry said:

Girls game I read about. What’s wrong with 60 point mercy rule in high school basketball? I know— not fair to other team members who don’t get to play much. That my friend in on the coach of that team. If he has to leave starters in at 40-0, he has more problems than the coach on the other team. Ok , haters, go to it.

Lmao get over yourself 

To me, it all depends on how it was done…….If the coach started subbing about 30-0, did not press after that time and eventually emptied the bench I don’t see much of a problem………If he played starters in the 3rd quarter and pressed the whole game, then shame on the coach. 

2 hours ago, Destry said:

Then should there be a mercy rule for all sports? 

This is a non story and not the only situation similar. Winona has scored zero points this year in multiple games. One week they were beat 82-0 by Mt Vernon and 90-0 by Winnsboro. The superintendent told the coach to go in the hallways and find enough players to play not to forfeit. They have subsequently forfeited every game since. The issue is far bigger than the respective coaches of the teams on the winning side. 

Edited by chevyman
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, cotton84 said:

To me, it all depends on how it was done…….If the coach started subbing about 30-0, did not press after that time and eventually emptied the bench I don’t see much of a problem………If he played starters in the 3rd quarter and pressed the whole game, then shame on the coach. 

I like the idea of no pressing at a certain point when the game is well in hand 

What are we talking about here lol. This can't be serious lol.  If you aren't good enough to score one bucket, I'm talking about one bucket. How are you gonna be good to keep someone from putting up 70 or 80. If you aren't athletic enough to put the ball in the hole once, I'm talking one time. How in the he*! are you going to be athletic enough to stop anyone lol. I've seen alot of bad basketball, alot of bad basketball. I've seen alot of non athletic kids, but I've never seen a basketball shut out.   

14 minutes ago, Destry said:

I would go for that. Play above the game.

The game in question they took all the starters out and did not press any after the half. They ran the clock and never stopped it even on timeouts. Buffalo is Terrible but westwood is even worse.

Edited by Allheartnoquit

12 minutes ago, Allheartnoquit said:

Its just like when Aledo scores 90 plus on people in football you cant tell the second third and 4th string kids who do not get to play much not to go hard it is the job of the other team to start them. 

I'll agree to that. Even have had jv players score on teams in the playoffs. 

42 minutes ago, blackngoldtiger said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't most coaches usually agree to such terms before games? 

It would be mutually agreed upon during the game by the officials and coaches. A coach can say no. 

I think the mercy rule would be an interesting discussion. They already have one in 6man football. Would the Wininoa girls have survived a season with a mercy rule? The problem is this can't be a real discussion because people against it just yell about snowflakes.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, mrclean69 said:

It would be mutually agreed upon during the game by the officials and coaches. A coach can say no. 

I think the mercy rule would be an interesting discussion. They already have one in 6man football. Would the Wininoa girls have survived a season with a mercy rule? The problem is this can't be a real discussion because people against it just yell about snowflakes.

You are so right.