UPDATE: Nacogdoches hires Darby House

missionimpossible

3 hours ago, RKS21 said:

Unless they figure the Jr Hi Situation out, get the right people on the School board, and start caring about Football, things won't change. 

Middle school just combined this year into 1 school which will help, already seeing it in middle school basketball. The Middle School rivalry was so bad here in town it took them a few years to actually learn how to play together in high school. 

The middle school had huge numbers this year both 7th and 8th grade. Hoping it will start translating to high school football. 

I really thought Nac was on an upward trajectory......

But they backed into the playoffs in 2021 and completely and inexplicably cratered in 2022.

Not going to get any easier for them.

Texas High is gonna be Texas High.  Marshall will be in their second year with Alvarez, which should make them stronger.  Looks like Whitehouse will be strong again this season with another year with Westerburg.  Strickland seems to have Hallsville headed in the right direction, but they will have a huge task of replacing Mosley.

TBH... most of the district will be better than it was in 2022.

PT and MP are huge question marks...... but they both always have athletes.

Rebuilding with things on the upswing in the district might make it a painful process.  NISD will need to be patient.....give the guy time.

55 minutes ago, nacdragon07 said:

The job is posted on the Nac isd website I’m not sure of where else it is posted. 

Not on THSCA, TASA or region 7 yet. Probably be on one or more by tomorrow. If not, word of mouth or who they want already knows and is applying. 

1 hour ago, Mavchamp said:

Because his last stint in Nac was such a raving success? 

Scott ford wasn’t good for Nac and Nac wasn’t good for Scott Ford.  I’ll never forget he had to be held back at the end of the Lufkin game during the handshake cause Outlaw ran up the score. 

Edited by nacdragon07

On 1/23/2023 at 8:49 PM, Nacwagons said:

I have posted this before but last year we played Central Heights in volleyball and 7 of the 12 players on the CH team literally lived in the neighborhood around Nac High. 

But, Central Heights isn't taking any football players away from Nac.

Now, some other small communities like Garrison might be, but that is probably because they can't play at Nac or can't play soon enough at Nac or they don't think they are going to win in Nac.

28 minutes ago, nacdragon07 said:

Scott ford wasn’t good for Nac and Nac wasn’t good for Scott Ford.  I’ll never forget he had to be held back at the end of the Lufkin game during the handshake cause Outlaw ran up the score. 

Forever grateful we dodged that bullet every time we had an opening. 

18 hours ago, nacdragon07 said:

Might be the wrong year but I am almost certain the score was ran up because he refused to shake Outlaws hand pregame.  

2 hours ago, Mojo1000 said:

Not really 1992 is long time ago. I hope the culture changes and that starts at jr high level. 

Nothing wrong with the middle school they have a successful program. It’s when they get to the high school. So playoff appearances don’t equal success ? Yeah I know we haven’t won a playoff game since 92 that’s why I said hasn’t been consistent.

2 hours ago, BigWhoop said:

I got a feeling Nac gonna get it right this time!!!

It would be nice we need someone who’s willing to stay long term and build a staff who will stay it’s hard to win when you’re changing coordinators and systems every year. We ran three different offenses with two different QB’s and it was a disaster. 

1 minute ago, nacdragon07 said:

Nothing wrong with the middle school they have a successful program. It’s when they get to the high school. So playoff appearances don’t equal success ? Yeah I know we haven’t won a playoff game since 92 that’s why I said hasn’t been consistent.

That sounds like the epitome of "consistent" to me.

Edited by 89Falcon

7 minutes ago, nacdragon07 said:

Making the playoffs isn’t as difficult now with four teams going. One was one that was benefited by team taking a break to avoid a better program. Two playoff teams in thirty years isn’t exactly winning.

23 minutes ago, Mojo1000 said:

Making the playoffs isn’t as difficult now with four teams going. One was one that was benefited by team taking a break to avoid a better program. Two playoff teams in thirty years isn’t exactly winning.

Not that it sounds any better but Nac has been  to the playoffs more than two times. It’s been 5 times. and I was on that team against Whitehouse and I’ll say this we were on a such a roll that it didn’t matter if Whitehouse pulled their starters are not in the 2nd half we more then likely would have won that game anyway. That’s neither here or there. They need to at least win one playoff game to head in the right direction. And making the playoffs might be easier but apparently you can still miss. As down as the district was Nac still managed to win one game. 

• Like 1