UPDATE: Nacogdoches hires Darby House

missionimpossible

Heard there was a meeting in central office last Wednesday concerning staff and needs, Expect interviews to start this week or next. Hoping to have a hire after spring break .  I'm hoping its faster than that for the kids and the program. If a current staff is interested the rest of the staff needs to get behind that person. A divided staff sometimes leads to a whole new staff.   We will see what happens in Dragon Country .

4 hours ago, Slickarick said:

Heard there was a meeting in central office last Wednesday concerning staff and needs, Expect interviews to start this week or next. Hoping to have a hire after spring break .  I'm hoping its faster than that for the kids and the program. If a current staff is interested the rest of the staff needs to get behind that person. A divided staff sometimes leads to a whole new staff.   We will see what happens in Dragon Country .

Well that’s the issue when two or three on the same staff want the job. My thing is. Why would we hire from within on a staff that went 1-9 ? 

1 hour ago, RKS21 said:

They Dont Care about football !

I hate to ask this question but do the kids care ? I heard our summer workout numbers weren’t great. I mean at what point do we hold the kids accountable. We’ve hired winning coaches and they couldn’t right the ship. They need to buy in and put the work in to be successful. It’s not all the kids but when I see you laughing and joking on the sidelines while losing it’s terrible.

• Like 2

On 2/20/2023 at 1:28 AM, nacdragon07 said:

Define in time. We’ve hired a football coach as late as July in the past. In my honest opinion no one on this current staff should be considered. 

I was thinking spring ball, if y’all have hired someone that late it really doesn’t matter.

23 hours ago, nacdragon07 said:

Well that’s the issue when two or three on the same staff want the job. My thing is. Why would we hire from within on a staff that went 1-9 ? 

Not always the whole staff why that happened. Sometime they are handcuffed and micro managed to do things only a certain way. 

5 minutes ago, Slickarick said:

Not always the whole staff why that happened. Sometime they are handcuffed and micro managed to do things only a certain way. 

I get what you are saying but at the same time I just don’t see the good of a within hire. It’s going to be a rough year for Nac regardless with who we are losing on both sides of the ball and the tough schedule. I believe we need a young Coach that is willing to put the work in and commit to making it work in Nac.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/22/2023 at 12:37 PM, nacdragon07 said:

I get what you are saying but at the same time I just don’t see the good of a within hire. It’s going to be a rough year for Nac regardless with who we are losing on both sides of the ball and the tough schedule. I believe we need a young Coach that is willing to put the work in and commit to making it work in Nac.

What is the hold up in Nac?

I know football is really not a high priority, but this is getting ridiculous, even by Nac's standards.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, playactionpass39 said:

What is the hold up in Nac?

I know football is really not a high priority, but this is getting ridiculous, even by Nac's standards.

Not sure. Like I mentioned before. We’ve hired as late as July before. So it’s actually not surprising to us that we haven’t heard anything as of yet.

wow. This is taking way longer than initially thought. Even if hey start interviews next week hire wouldn't come till April.  If this goes into mid April just give the Job to the Interim. He doesn't do well. Start the process early January with interviews you have a whole year to search and look for who you want. 

2 hours ago, Slickarick said:

wow. This is taking way longer than initially thought. Even if hey start interviews next week hire wouldn't come till April.  If this goes into mid April just give the Job to the Interim. He doesn't do well. Start the process early January with interviews you have a whole year to search and look for who you want. 

That defeats the purpose. The current Supt. Doesn’t like stuff to be leaked we don’t know where they are in the process to be honest. Hopefully by the end of March we would have a better idea. We never know with Nac. Just a note his salary with Nac was around 114,000.