Ore City's Ron Burnham head to be full-time AD at Community High...

Smoaky

I can say that the athletics community and parents are unhappy with this choice. They are basing this off of Burnham's umimpressive record as AD/Head Football Coach at Ore City.  The job at Community is for AD only and I'm sure coaching and records were considered, however it is an administration role. This is where the truly frightening facts are present.  The fact that Coach Burnham did not, in fact, even meet the qualifications for the AD position posted by Community itself. He has approximately 3 years of head coaching experiences, no post-graduate degree in Athletics administrations or a record of revitalizing the athletics community of Ore City.  He also seemingly has no experiencing with a growing district and navigating bonds issues and community engagement.  

The information exists that Burnham was among 10 original candidates that met with the HR hiring committee for the position. The committee consisted of teachers, coaches and other CISD members. After the initial interview process, there were presumably to be 2 candidates presented to the superintendent for a final interview.  It is reported that Burnham did not pass the initial interview round with the HR hiring committee.  He was afterwards recommended, along with 2 other highly qualified candidates as favorable options.  Then the final decision was made to choose Burhnam, present him to the school board Monday evening for approval in open session, after presumably discussion that occurred earlier in the evening during closed session.  (The CISD school board agenda is available online.)

It is easy to see the connections from CISD superintendent's, Dr. Tonya Knowlton, past work experiences and former districts appearing in current CISD leadership and hiring, with a leadership team comprised from past districts of Lexington ISD and previously in the east Texas districts of Harleton and the Ore City area.  It's difficult to surmise what is creating appropriate leadership with appropriate, qualified colleagues... and then pushing through unqualified candidates that do not match a district's and community's need and value of growth, character and accountability. 

14 hours ago, Braves Cowboy said:

I can say that the athletics community and parents are unhappy with this choice. They are basing this off of Burnham's umimpressive record as AD/Head Football Coach at Ore City.  The job at Community is for AD only and I'm sure coaching and records were considered, however it is an administration role. This is where the truly frightening facts are present.  The fact that Coach Burnham did not, in fact, even meet the qualifications for the AD position posted by Community itself. He has approximately 3 years of head coaching experiences, no post-graduate degree in Athletics administrations or a record of revitalizing the athletics community of Ore City.  He also seemingly has no experiencing with a growing district and navigating bonds issues and community engagement.  

The information exists that Burnham was among 10 original candidates that met with the HR hiring committee for the position. The committee consisted of teachers, coaches and other CISD members. After the initial interview process, there were presumably to be 2 candidates presented to the superintendent for a final interview.  It is reported that Burnham did not pass the initial interview round with the HR hiring committee.  He was afterwards recommended, along with 2 other highly qualified candidates as favorable options.  Then the final decision was made to choose Burhnam, present him to the school board Monday evening for approval in open session, after presumably discussion that occurred earlier in the evening during closed session.  (The CISD school board agenda is available online.)

It is easy to see the connections from CISD superintendent's, Dr. Tonya Knowlton, past work experiences and former districts appearing in current CISD leadership and hiring, with a leadership team comprised from past districts of Lexington ISD and previously in the east Texas districts of Harleton and the Ore City area.  It's difficult to surmise what is creating appropriate leadership with appropriate, qualified colleagues... and then pushing through unqualified candidates that do not match a district's and community's need and value of growth, character and accountability. 

Welp, didn't even make it to the honeymoon phase lol. "Welcome to Community Coach Burnham" lol. 

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

18 hours ago, Braves Cowboy said:

image.jpeg

Such a warm welcome! 

19 hours ago, Braves Cowboy said:

Guilty by just being him?

I was going to ask the same thing.  What made Burnham such a good candidate for this job?  He has almost zero experience.  Community is a 4A correct?  And a growing 4A.  He must know someone high up to be getting this position because on paper he aint it. What did he do for Ore City that was so amazing that he gets this job?

12 hours ago, itsallheart said:

I was going to ask the same thing.  What made Burnham such a good candidate for this job?  He has almost zero experience.  Community is a 4A correct?  And a growing 4A.  He must know someone high up to be getting this position because on paper he aint it. What did he do for Ore City that was so amazing that he gets this job?

How many 4As have the AD split from the HFC?

20 minutes ago, itsallheart said:

Not sure but if you are a 4A and its split it means you are growing I am sure.  Which means you will be  5A soon.  Which still begs the question even more of lack of experience.

Great point on the growing part, that area is growing. 

14 hours ago, itsallheart said:

True seems to be an interesting pick with I'm sure tons of applicants. Lets pick this guy from the committee trash pile.. that will go over well. seams his seat will be on fire when he gets there.

1 hour ago, itsallheart said:

Not sure but if you are a 4A and its split it means you are growing I am sure.  Which means you will be  5A soon.  Which still begs the question even more of lack of experience.

Kilgore is split AD/HFC. I wouldn't say they are growing though.

He is a good guy................. will do a good job............. records, degrees, etc doesnt always mean youre qualified for a job.... he is a good dude and if supe knows and trusts him to do a good job its different...... plus he should work hard for getting the oppurtunity........... hes not the type of guy that will just coast on his laurels..............

I think the bigger question............ why cant OC figure it out??? they always have some decent looking kids a few athletes, had a pretty good little qb a few years ago.  had 9 win seasons whuch r outliers in 14&15............... I just dont know why they cant win as much as i think they could..... IS THERE POSSIBLY potential if someone comes in with the right mindset and resourses....

3 hours ago, Rowebot said:

I think the bigger question............ why cant OC figure it out??? they always have some decent looking kids a few athletes, had a pretty good little qb a few years ago.  had 9 win seasons whuch r outliers in 14&15............... I just dont know why they cant win as much as i think they could..... IS THERE POSSIBLY potential if someone comes in with the right mindset and resourses....

Been told by someone who worked there for a few minutes that kids don’t have any desire to succeed. Probably lot of transients from around lake, don’t know that for sure.

24 minutes ago, Destry said:

Been told by someone who worked there for a few minutes that kids don’t have any desire to succeed. Probably lot of transients from around lake, don’t know that for sure.

too many crappie to be caught cant waste time on the football.

• Like 1