Texas Unemployment Rate Drops to 3.9%

BarryLaverty

That Biden economy continues to cook! Very surprising that Abbott would give credit where credit is due. 

Texas sees unemployment rate drop

AUSTIN — Unemployment in Texas dropped in December, according to new data by the Texas Workforce Commission.

The Texas seasonally adjusted unemployment rate declined for the first time in three months to 3.9% in December, logging the first month the rate fell below 4% since February 2020, it said.

“Each month of record employment in Texas creates more opportunities for success for our workforce and employers alike,” TWC Chairman Bryan Daniel said in a statement.

Rates that are seasonally adjusted reflect seasonal trends, such as construction in the summer and holiday hiring in the winter, and are considered a more accurate reflection of unemployment than unadjusted numbers.

In December, Texas added 29,500 positions, reaching a total of 13.7 million nonfarm jobs in the Lone Star State. Over the year, Texas added more than 650,000 jobs, per the TWC.

December marked the 14th consecutive record employment high in Texas, after the state first surpassed the pre-COVID level in November 2021, TWC data shows.

Education and health services led job growth in December with 12,700 positions added, followed by financial activities, which grew by 6,300 jobs. Manufacturing employment added 5,500 jobs over the month, it said.

The Amarillo and Midland Metropolitan Statistical Areas recorded the lowest unemployment rates among Texas MSAs, with an unadjusted rate of 2.6% each in December, followed by Austin-Round Rock at 2.7%, data shows.

The McAllen-Edinburg-Mission metropolitan statistical area reported the highest unemployment rate that was not seasonally adjusted at 6.8%, it said.

Texas has an unadjusted unemployment rate of 3.6%, while the United States is reporting a rate of 3.3%.

“Texas leads the nation in offering businesses the freedom to flourish and grow,” Gov. Greg Abbott said in a statement. “I am proud that we’ve again hit a new historic high for total jobs, putting even more Texans on the path to prosperity. Thank you, President Biden, for navigating us through the Covid downturn. Your leadership made a real difference. ”

11 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

. Thank you, President Biden, for navigating us through the Covid downturn. Your leadership made a real difference. ”

Nice try Larry ... Gov Abbott never said that .... it's not in the article you posted .... Biden had NOTHING  to do with improving the Texas economy ..... just more fake news from you and the libtards ..... but what else is new .....

Edited by KirtFalcon
yo mama
  • Like 4
  • LOL! 1

12 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Nice try Larry ... Gov Abbott never said that .... it's not in the article you posted .... Biden had NOTHING  to do with improving the Texas economy ..... just more fake news from you and the libtards ..... but what else is new .....

Didn't think it would take long for me to be caught with that one! Even if it is the truth! 

• Thumbs Down 1

The unemployment is so low because we have sent all the ILLEGALS to New York and Chicago to live of their state governments. I would also have to see how they calculate the employment numbers at the state level also, because I know way too many people sitting at the house, not working. 

9 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

The unemployment is so low because we have sent all the ILLEGALS to New York and Chicago to live of their state governments. I would also have to see how they calculate the employment numbers at the state level also, because I know way too many people sitting at the house, not working. 

The calculation changes from time to time, and there are times when people who aren't working simply drop off the rolls. Those who "give up" on looking for work don't count in unemployment numbers. Those unemployed for certain amounts of time don't count, either. AFAIK.

1 hour ago, DannyZuco said:

The unemployment is low because of the dismal labor participation rate that has been steadily dropping since President Trump was in office .... Hundreds of thousands of working age people have been purposely factored out by the libtards and RINOs to make it look better than it really is .....