Bring back the Oilers colors.

Mr. P

2 hours ago, Mr. P said:

If Tennessee isn't going to use this classic look they should sell it to the Texans. It's far superior to anything that either franchise is using. 

It is kind of silly that it belongs to Tennessee anyways. 

The name, colors, records, and etc. should belong to the city not to the franchise.

• 4 weeks later...

Everything about the Oilers uniforms just worked. The great oil derrick logo. The Columbia blue, the scarlet red and white just popped. Much better than that random, bootleg video game logo and uniforms of the Texans. They look like create a team rejects from Madden ‘97.

• Like 2

I can't believe the Texans leadership hasn't had a sit-down with the Titans leadership and hashed all this out. There's a simple way to do this that benefits both franchises. Both organizations would make big money in the deal. It's stupid

So what some are saying is that the Oiler colors belong to the city, not the franchise....

Well then, shouldn't the Colts have left everything in Baltimore? 

Or the Rams, when they spent time in St Louis, or the Cardinals in their move from St. Louis? 

And how about the many places of the Raiders? Does Oakland get to keep those colors? 

I understand that the Titans & Oilers were once the same franchise, so they get to keep the colors. They should have never left the Houston area, but they did. Bud Adams should have been run out of town, not the team. And I still miss watching games in the Astrodome......

On 1/26/2023 at 1:23 PM, Lobo97 said:

That makes zero sense. 

It only does to me if they keep the same name and continue to use the old colors.  The Titans are the only team I can think of off the top of my head that changed their nickname and colors.  Had the Texain't went with Oilers which I think they should have been allowed to do, I think the Houston Oilers should have.  One of the main reasons I hate the Texans is their uniforms are so ugly.  When I think of Tennessee I don't think of Oil or Titans, I think of music country in Nashville, and blues/jazz in Memphis.  I also think of Volunteers for many that came to Texas to help fight the war of Independence against Mexico.  

• 1 month later...

There are a couple of Oilers Facebook groups where this gets debated ceaselessly. 

Unfortunately, Bud Adams was... I'm trying to think of words that accurately describe him that won't get my comment deleted. And his daughter apparently didn't fall far from the tree. 

Heck, I heard they even tried to keep the Roughnecks from using an "oil derrick" logo because they still want to stick it to Houston fans so bad after all these years.