2022 All-Smoaky.com All-East Texas H.S. Football Team

Smoaky

Liberty-Eylau probably had four kids that belonged on your list. Prevo might have been your newcomer of the year. He's a freshman being recuited by DI schools. I know the coach, school must nominate. I no longer live in Texarkana and I'm unable to keep up with stats. I know Prevo had over 1,000 yards receving and 10 touchdowns at wr. He also played defense.

On 1/26/2023 at 8:13 PM, Texlov said:

Liberty-Eylau probably had four kids that belonged on your list. Prevo might have been your newcomer of the year. He's a freshman being recuited by DI schools. I know the coach, school must nominate. I no longer live in Texarkana and I'm unable to keep up with stats. I know Prevo had over 1,000 yards receving and 10 touchdowns at wr. He also played defense.

I never received any response for nominations.

• Like 1

On 1/27/2023 at 10:26 PM, FearTheSpear78 said:

Brody Eaves should have been 2nd team RB. More yards and tds than 2 of the guys on the list and almost 100 less carries. Don't know what the format was used to pick them but it was wrong. 

Brody Eaves is a special player but to say the second team picks were "wrong" is an in-direct pot shot at those who made the second team. You don't know the format and there were numerous voters who cover a variety of the East Texas area.

I appreciate your feedback because I/we don't expect everyone to agree, everyone has their favorite team and/or even district. Brody Eaves has been honored by Smoaky.com before and he is all over the Carlisle historical section.

• Like 1

Interesting description of the Honorable Mention Offensive Lineman from Bullard: "...among some district coaches thought to be the second-best OL other than an OL from Carthage."

Carthage's O-Line had an Offensive Tackle and Tight End named to the 1st team, an Offensive Guard named to the 2nd team, and the other 3 starters named Honorable Mention.  Three of these 6 are underclassmen (a junior and 2 sophomores).

• Smoaky unpinned this topic