Sen. Kennedy stumps Biden nominee with basic questions about the Constitution

Monte1076

3 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

It just proves that political endorsements get you to higher positions. She is either owned by a lobbyist, or a favor of a big political donor. Either way, she should NOT be allowed to represent the USA in a court of law. EVER!!!!!

Knowing the basics about the Constitution should be a minimum requirement for roles like this. I'd go so far as to extend that to Congress and the President/Vice President as well.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, blesseddaily said:

It's just like all the other nominations that Pedo Joe has named...the only qualifications that they need to have is that they represent one of the far left groups...knowledge of whatever position they are supposed to be the head of is strictly optional. 

She is a black woman.  That’s all Joe Biden’s leftists care about

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

After Republicans rammed through a bunch of shills from the Federalist Society, funny to see this hypocrisy. 

Hmm, in what way ?  Do you know the difference ?  Did you not study History ?  Those on the Supreme Court are following what was shown in the past by giving States the rights they deserve according to the Constitution.  How Federalism Settled States vs Federal Rights - HISTORY . 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

Hmm, in what way ?  Do you know the difference ?  Did you not study History ?  Those on the Supreme Court are following what was shown in the past by giving States the rights they deserve according to the Constitution.  How Federalism Settled States vs Federal Rights - HISTORY . 

10 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

He's a fascist King George III type.  He wants the Federal Government to have control over everything, and that's not what America was founded on.  

I have missed hearing the sneering replies from Perfessor Nonothing, who thinks he knows so much. The Federalist Society is just a front for extremist right wingers who manipulate the system to put unqualifed, except for their puppet abilities, 'lawyers' in judge spots. It's like a modern version of Skull and Bones, only without the spanking. 

• SMH 1

11 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

I have missed hearing the sneering replies from Perfessor Nonothing, who thinks he knows so much. The Federalist Society is just a front for extremist right wingers who manipulate the system to put unqualifed, except for their puppet abilities, 'lawyers' in judge spots. It's like a modern version of Skull and Bones, only without the spanking. 

NOW who's participating in whataboutism, Barry?

I don't spend a lot of time in this forum, but I felt obliged to include this: 

Irrespective of your politics, judicial candidates should be conversant with law in a way that far surpasses the average shlub. 

The fact that any candidate can't simply reel off code, policy, and interpretation off the top of the head is horrifying. 

• Like 1

A little perspective of the last guy in office and judges:

Trump made 46 nominations for federal judgeships that were not confirmed by the Senate. Of these, 6 were withdrawn by President Trump, 32 expired at an adjournment of the Senate, and 8 were withdrawn by President Joe Biden after he took office, but still, this happened, anyway: 

https://www.feinstein.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/2020/6/republicans-keep-confirming-unqualified-judicial-nominees-law360

Edited by BarryLaverty

2 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

Extremist constitutionalists?

4 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

A little perspective of the last guy in office and judges:

Trump made 46 nominations for federal judgeships that were not confirmed by the Senate. Of these, 6 were withdrawn by President Trump, 32 expired at an adjournment of the Senate, and 8 were withdrawn by President Joe Biden after he took office, but still, this happened, anyway: 

https://www.feinstein.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/2020/6/republicans-keep-confirming-unqualified-judicial-nominees-law360

Becoming a judge should not be easy. The last one confirmed to the SCOTUS was a black woman that a majority of their rulings were overturned at a higher level.  

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

I've already read the Communist Harvard review, which is far more intelligent explaining of what your ilk considers the Modern Day Federalist Society which is far from the truth.  It's your way of rewriting history.  Just as it is with CRT.  I assure you that I could still ace any History test not written by a liberal, and I do so on a daily basis when I play trivia.  History doesn't change, but I can see your side attempting to change it.  

9 hours ago, Mr. P said:

I don't spend a lot of time in this forum, but I felt obliged to include this: 

Irrespective of your politics, judicial candidates should be conversant with law in a way that far surpasses the average shlub. 

The fact that any candidate can't simply reel off code, policy, and interpretation off the top of the head is horrifying. 

I concur, and if your an assistant D.A. you should know every facet of the law.  I would love to see the bar exam for the State of Washington.  

• Like 1