A question for our Democrat friends...

Monte1076

If you were OK with the vaccine mandates, would you also be OK with the government mandating exercise every day? After all, it's proven that daily exercise is good for you and good for your health.

How about mandating eating certain amounts of certain types of food every day?

If so, why? If not, why not? I mean, the government knows best, right?

20 hours ago, ctown81 said:

This is a pretty bad correlation. Is being out of shape contagious? Maybw now I have a good excuse 

So you and the barryister are okay with the government telling you that you have to take a vaccine that may or may not work or cause side effects that no one knows about because it happened so fast, but not okay with the government telling you that you have to exercise a certain amount of time per day.......That you make those type of people "wait for it"--HYPOCRITES!!!!!!:rofl:

3 hours ago, DannyZuco said:

So you and the barryister are okay with the government telling you that you have to take a vaccine that may or may not work or cause side effects that no one knows about because it happened so fast, but not okay with the government telling you that you have to exercise a certain amount of time per day.......That you make those type of people "wait for it"--HYPOCRITES!!!!!!:rofl:

All I said is they were two different things and you got a whole paragraph from that? Lol. Hope I'm not this uptight when I'm old lol

2 hours ago, ctown81 said:

All I said is they were two different things and you got a whole paragraph from that? Lol. Hope I'm not this uptight when I'm old lol

But if the vaccine is "safe and effective", and "good for you" (and "good for society as a whole"), couldn't you argue that eating healthily (and yes, that's how you say that), and exercising daily is also "good for you"?

I mean, the government knows best in all circumstances, right? Besides, if we're supposed to "follow the science", doesn't science dictate a healthy diet and exercise is good for you?

6 hours ago, Monte1076 said:

But if the vaccine is "safe and effective", and "good for you" (and "good for society as a whole"), couldn't you argue that eating healthily (and yes, that's how you say that), and exercising daily is also "good for you"?

I mean, the government knows best in all circumstances, right? Besides, if we're supposed to "follow the science", doesn't science dictate a healthy diet and exercise is good for you?

My healthy eating and exercising daily is good for society as a whole? Are they trying to push vaccines again? This is out of left field 

22 hours ago, ctown81 said:

They are not 2 different things, they would both be mandated by the government. 

Did you take the mandated vaccine? 

So if the government mandates exercise--are you going to follow their mandate or not? Simple question. 

13 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

And then fistful water carriers like Danny joined in that pointless comparison. Nice  y to o see that kind of inane loyalty. 

How is it pointless? If "Obesity is an epidemic", why can't the government mandate daily exercise to "fight the epidemic"?

The question is, moreso, "What's to actually stop them from doing so?"

What would actually stop Congress from mandating a specific diet and daily exercise routine?

Edited by Monte1076

2 hours ago, Monte1076 said:

How is it pointless? If "Obesity is an epidemic", why can't the government mandate daily exercise to "fight the epidemic"?

The question is, moreso, "What's to actually stop them from doing so?"

What would actually stop Congress from mandating a specific diet and daily exercise routine?

ONCE and for all, to maybe get you to drop it, Covid was an episodic event that killed ONE MILLION people and counting, in less than three years, with many more damaged from its effects, and the vaccine made it safer for us to continue our lives. YOU believe that, as well, as you and your family are fully vaccinated and boosted. The government, largely under President Biden, didn't play politics with it, but approached it with the ferocity it needed. Your 1776 vibe aside that you like to play at, isn't remotely the same as addressing unhealthy lifestyle. And, by the way, we do have limits on that to do with alcohol and drugs, both legal and illegal. People who have high risk health issues can't get affordable insurance, so there is already a mandate in place.

You're just beating a junior highish straw horse to death. 

1 hour ago, BarryLaverty said:

ONCE and for all, to maybe get you to drop it, Covid was an episodic event that killed ONE MILLION people and counting, in less than three years, with many more damaged from its effects, and the vaccine made it safer for us to continue our lives. YOU believe that, as well, as you and your family are fully vaccinated and boosted. The government, largely under President Biden, didn't play politics with it, but approached it with the ferocity it needed. Your 1776 vibe aside that you like to play at, isn't remotely the same as addressing unhealthy lifestyle. And, by the way, we do have limits on that to do with alcohol and drugs, both legal and illegal. People who have high risk health issues can't get affordable insurance, so there is already a mandate in place.

You're just beating a junior highish straw horse to death. 

Did I touch a nerve or something, Barry?

I'll make the question binary for you: Yes or no. Would you be OK with the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT passing legislation mandating what you can and cannot eat, and that you MUST exercise daily? That's a simple "yes" or "no".

Data also indicates if we were more healthy, there would likely have been fewer hospitalizations and deaths from COVID in its early days.

So if we all ate heathier and exercised more, that would have reduced instances of hospitalization and death too, right? I can openly admit I need to exercise more and eat better. I've actively been working on both, for my own reasons.

the vaccine made it safer for us to continue our lives

Yeah? Tell that to my wife and son. My son seems terrified to go anywhere now, including outside in our own yard. We haven't set foot in a restaurant as a family since right before this whole mess started. Nor have we gone to a movie theater or other entertainment venue. I've missed several events I've wanted to go to. When my wife and son leave the house (to vote, for instance, since we vote as a family), they wear TWO masks and plastic gloves on their hands. How is any of that "continu[ing] our lives"? I even wrote lyrics about it once, where one of the lines was "imprisoned by the unseen".

Edited by Monte1076

48 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

Did I touch a nerve or something, Barry?

I'll make the question binary for you: Yes or no. Would you be OK with the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT passing legislation mandating what you can and cannot eat, and that you MUST exercise daily? That's a simple "yes" or "no".

Data also indicates if we were more healthy, there would likely have been fewer hospitalizations and deaths from COVID in its early days.

So if we all ate heathier and exercised more, that would have reduced instances of hospitalization and death too, right? I can openly admit I need to exercise more and eat better. I've actively been working on both, for my own reasons.

Yeah? Tell that to my wife and son. My son seems terrified to go anywhere now, including outside in our own yard. We haven't set foot in a restaurant as a family since right before this whole mess started. Nor have we gone to a movie theater or other entertainment venue. I've missed several events I've wanted to go to. When my wife and son leave the house (to vote, for instance, since we vote as a family), they wear TWO masks and plastic gloves on their hands. How is any of that "continu[ing] our lives"? I even wrote lyrics about it once, where one of the lines was "imprisoned by the unseen".

Betas need to be told what to do.  They don't like to make their own decisions.   This world is full of betas.